Two Final Candidates For Rangers Job - Mccall & Warburton

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a disgrace the way they have treated McCall.

Regardless of what people think of his managerial ability and credentials he is a Rangers legend who never let us down as a player.

Indeed he also took on the poisoned chalice of trying to get a squad of imposters to rescue our season and credibility. He failed but to be honest I don't think anyone would have got that squad promoted.

Whether he deserved the job full time should have been decided before or immediately after the last play off match.

To keep him holding on smacks of desperatio and cowardice to make a decision.

Nonsense. He was given a job and he failed. No room for failures.

I recall King saying last week that it was Murray and Gilligan who form the selection committee.

If its Warburton, would like to have heard Murray and Gilligan's thinking on 3 areas:

1 - what convinces them that such an appointment does not produce a sort of Kevin Blackwell, then Carver, then Geddes and so on effect on Rangers so that we have to go through a series of managers before a 'not negotiable' Championship title is won (which would mean that it really was negotiable after all)?

2 - what convinces them that Warburton can assemble and prepare a squad of players to win a 'not negotiable' Championship this coming season? In a country he does not know, in a football culture which he does not know, where the expectations (requirements) are miles above anything he has experienced; where the attitude of teams towards playing Rangers is like nothing he will have seen before?

3 - If like last season, we find ourselves adrift of the league leaders by Christmas will they stick it out with W and take a chance that it can be recovered even if we do not win promotion?

If its McCall, would like to have heard Murray and Gilligan's conclusions about McCall having the bottle and determination to win promotion - ie can he really handle the pressure for a full season and deliver? What convinces them?

It is a disgrace the way they have treated McCall.

Regardless of what people think of his managerial ability and credentials he is a Rangers legend who never let us down as a player.

Indeed he also took on the poisoned chalice of trying to get a squad of imposters to rescue our season and credibility. He failed but to be honest I don't think anyone would have got that squad promoted.

Whether he deserved the job full time should have been decided before or immediately after the last play off match.

To keep him holding on smacks of desperatio and cowardice to make a decision.

Don't think McCall has been treated poorly at all. Publicly thanked for coming in and his efforts. It was well known that after the season had ended the club would be interviewing candidates and that would include McCall regardless of achieving promotion or not. I think it would have been disrespectful not to involve him in this and interview him to allow him to put his case forward. Although I do not think he's the right man for the job.

Welcome back Stuart.

We know you are the cheapest option, but sorry, that's the current financial climate under this board.

Not saying that you don't deserve the appointment of course.

No surprise to see you wrong again....

If McCall gets appointed it says to me that Dave King isn't the right man to b owning Rangers. It would be a shocking business decision t ocarry on with what we have in a time where we just got stuffed 6-1 by the 2nd worst team in the SPL, that would seriously damage season ticket receipts.

If it Warburton I predict that Lee Wallace will be back I his old self in no time. Warburton likes attacking full backs and hard work. Lee is a fit guy who's strength is going forward. He needs his confidence back as he'd been reluctant to take people on for a long g while.

Hahaha.

Please tell me how Mark Warburton is underwhelming? Who did you want?

Someone who had some pedigree of success. Warburton has achieved the square root off fuck-all and couldn't even see out two years in his first and only managerial role.

The only thing in his favour is that he's not a "Rangers man"

If it Warburton I predict that Lee Wallace will be back I his old self in no time. Warburton likes attacking full backs and hard work. Lee is a fit guy who's strength is going forward. He needs his confidence back as he'd been reluctant to take people on for a long g while.

McCall failed and I don't think he should get the manager's job, Lee completely failed and was given a huge opportunity to instill belief in the side and show he's a winner. Never captain material, never winning material.

He can fuck off.

Someone who had some pedigree of success. Warburton has achieved the square root off fuck-all and couldn't even see out two years in his first and only managerial role.

The only thing in his favour is that he's not a "Rangers man"

Success? He has had 2 years in management, in his first year he got Brentford automatic promotion. In his second he took a Brentford side, that weren't expected to be anywhere near the top, in to the play offs for the Premiership (despite him and his squad knowing for months he wouldn't be there beyond the end of the season).

Thats pretty successful.

You are forgetting where we are.

Apparently warburtons got the job !

Oh aye, from a man I reckon will be in the know, I am quietly confident we will get our man now, another guy who apparently has his finger on the pulse pm'd me this morning to say he was" confident" a deal would be done.

Not to start a Wallace bashing thread but he's looked far from fit the last couple of years.