Kiernan & Wilson At The Back

RFC72RFC

Who within our reach would you have at the club as the CB's?

When did i become the Manager i can only tell you my opinion of those two in games i've been at. No point starting a defence with two poor players at the back.

I dont know how much we have to spend or how much we can afford on wages either.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully not. I also hope Wilson is just papertalk,

Signing Wilson is a no brainier in my personal opinion. No transfer fee, low wages, only 23, and played in the middle of the Hearts defence which romped the Championship last season.

Would like to see us sign a more natural right back too though. Ideally an attacking one who can get forward and put good balls into the box.

According to the Rhecord Warburton is wanting a defensive partnership of Rob Kiernan & Danny Wilson and wants both deals done by the end of the week.

What do you fellow bears think of this?

I personally would like to see this as they're both young and seem like good buys. However I know some will probably shoot this down because Kiernan has played for ROI U21's and Danny Wilson is reported to support the mhanks.

Already had a thread on it and no one shot it down because of that. What utter nonsense.

Signing Wilson is a no brainier in my personal opinion. No transfer fee, low wages, only 23, and played in the middle of the Hearts defence which romped the Championship last season.

Would like to see us sign a more natural right back too though. Ideally an attacking one who can get forward and put good balls into the box.

I disagree on Wilson but he may have improved a lot since being at Liverpool and Hearts its his pace that would worry me most if we were to play a very open attacking game.

I'd be happy to see both of them, young guys costing us next to nothing we can get on decent contracts and will have a sell on fee. If they live up to the potential Warburton thinks they have then great, if they don't we can repace them in a later window and in the meantime they're bound to be better than what we had.

No brainer.

Apparently in the sun tomorrow that these deals will be sorted over the weekend. Haven't seen a screenshot of the back page online.

Hopefully sooner rather than later! There are a lot of happy people on here (me included) for any of the deals to fall through now!

Warburton on Kiernan.

Rob is exactly the kind of player I want to attract. Hopefully he’ll be in Glasgow on Monday to go through the medical and finalise the deal,” Warburton said.

“For a defender, he’s technically excellent and at 6ft 3in has a real athletic presence. “He has proved his credentials in the English Championship but most importantly is still young enough to develop and to be improved.

“That’s exactly the kind of player we are looking to bring to Ibrox because what we want to build here is a team for the future.

“Our plans are a great deal more than a short- term fix and I’d like the Rangers fans to know this. We want to give them a team that plays the game a certain way and is exciting to watch.

“To do that we need young, hungry, talented players who have the potential to develop.”

The whole Protestant and Catholic thing is boring. Religion, in every aspect, is boring.

Gone are the days where religion mattered at Ibrox. It's 2015; we have developed and progressed.

These days, the fad isn't to hate Catholics, it's to wear Stone Island jackets with Adidas Gazelles and chant "we're Rangers, we're mental, we're off our fucking heads".

In the Championship the two of them should form a formidable partnership.

McGregor-Kiernan-Wilson-Wallace

Looks a good back four to me.

Get a attacking RB and get Wallace to pull his finger out n we are sorted..

He really does need to start showing why he was brought to the club