Our New Captain Is....possibly John Eustace

trueblueal

Bottom line is we should be building a team ready for the premiership and capable of challenging the taigs and John Eustace is not.going to cut it in the top league at 36 never mind being able to seriously cut it in an old firm game

He's a good player but he has injury issues.

He'd completely command the team in a way we want, but I don't like how it's acceptable that someone can walk into such a magnificent establishment like Rangers and become captain instantly.

That's not on, no matter who it is.

You earn your stripes here.

As far as value on the pitch, he would be, because he'd help the team in his commanding, controlled style.

The fact he won't cost a penny is fine too.

There are a few positives about it once the smoke clears, but of course you'd prefer someone younger... By about 5 years.

He'd completely command the team in a way we want, but I don't like how it's acceptable that someone can walk into such a magnificent establishment like Rangers and become captain instantly.

Although he was before my time, didn't Terry Butcher do just that?

Bottom line is we should be building a team ready for the premiership and capable of challenging the taigs and John Eustace is not.going to cut it in the top league at 36 never mind being able to seriously cut it in an old firm game

But his influence may allow the younger midfield to gel and perform this term, winning the league and setting them up for the Prem....alongside whoever replaces him.

If that happens, his contribution could prove invaluable. We have 3 transfer windows to be work in progress and we need numbers as well as youth and quality now.

What's he like is he a good passer or just someone who breaks up the play and goes for the simple pass?

Nail on the head.

By all means he could come up, play maybe 75% of the games, use his experience to help the youngsters, come on as a sub to sure up games etc.

But for a relative unknown at 35 to walk straight into the rangers captaincy? Don't think so

Although he was before my time, didn't Terry Butcher do just that?

That's a really good point, but, given we were bringing in a whole new layer of talent at that time, it was not unreasonable to appoint a captain, even if a newcomer, who'd have universal respect.

I suppose it's inevitable now - apart from Miller & maybe Wallace, who's left that would spring to mind as captain material?

But his influence may allow the younger midfield to gel and perform this term, winning the league and setting them up for the Prem....alongside whoever replaces him.

If that happens, his contribution could prove invaluable. We have 3 transfer windows to be work in progress and we need numbers as well as youth and quality now.

Let's be serious, what influence? Bet 90% of the players will never have heard of him either. No disrespect but he's no exactly a Cambiasso to Leicester type situation or anyone that younger players would seriously look up to and respect, we can do better than that