Our New Captain Is....possibly John Eustace

trueblueal

Nail on the head.

By all means he could come up, play maybe 75% of the games, use his experience to help the youngsters, come on as a sub to sure up games etc.

But for a relative unknown at 35 to walk straight into the rangers captaincy? Don't think so

There's not one player at the club that deserves it right now.

What's he like is he a good passer or just someone who breaks up the play and goes for the simple pass?

He's a sitting midfielder, I'd imagine he'd break up play and play simply. He's not a creative spark anyway. But his sitting role may be crucial in some kind of well balanced passing system which Warbuton wishes to adopt anyway.

Still, Butcher is a little different. He was a massive coup and frankly one of the best defenders in the world at the time. He was captain of England and he was massively respected in the football world.

Sometimes players like this will come along and deserve to be captain instantly,

Not John Eustace.

So many people unhappy about him immediately being our Captain because the Daily fucking Record says it's so.

doh - Incredible.

IF it is true then the Manager clearly fancies this player to be one of the experienced players he has referenced he wants in his squad. He has been very clear on his preferred age and style of play so let's trust the guy to get on with the job.

So many people unhappy about him immediately being our Captain because the Daily fucking Record says it's so.

doh - Incredible.

IF it is true then the Manager clearly fancies this player to be one of the experienced players he has referenced he wants in his squad. He has been very clear on his preferred age and style of play so let's trust the guy to get on with the job.

It's all speculation, chill out. If he's the man to be captain instantly then the uncomfortable feeling amongst supporters will be justified.

If not, great, but he's not officially been made captain, hell he's not even signed. No fellow supporter is stupid enough to think otherwise.

Still, Butcher is a little different. He was a massive coup and frankly one of the best defenders in the world at the time. He was captain of England and he was massively respected in the football world.

Sometimes players like this will come along and deserve to be captain instantly,

Not John Eustace.

I think captaincy is far more about personality than reputation. I don't think there's any reason that Eustace can't do a Butcher if he's got the personality for it.

I agree that ideally people should earn their stripes, but that aint happenin this time, and we aint going to get someone with a Butcher pedigree. So if this guy has the characteristics of a captain, then seems fine to me.

It's all speculation, chill out. If he's the man to be captain instantly then the uncomfortable feeling amongst supporters will be justified.

If not, great, but he's not officially been made captain, hell he's not even signed. No fellow supporter is stupid enough to think otherwise.

I am chilled bud, as chilled as I have been over our club for very long time. Not sure how you can conclude as you do if you have read this whole thread.....Varying perceptions I guess however 'chill out' is my point. The record has previous for being FOS, and if it is true lets trust the manager, we are rebuilding a squad and this guy could be a great addition.

I doubt we'll sign this guy, but people need to get it into their heads now that Warburton will sign a couple of older players along with the younger players he will bring in.

I think he'll bring in two more experienced players and the rest younger type players with a sell on potential.

I am chilled bud, as chilled as I have been over our club for very long time. Not sure how you can conclude as you do if you have read this whole thread.....Varying perceptions I guess however 'chill out' is my point. The record has previous for being FOS, and if it is true lets trust the manager, we are rebuilding a squad and this guy could be a great addition.

He will have his pros and he will have his cons. He's not signed, he's not our player, nobody is saying he is.

If he is we will all at least hope he will perform and we will all wish him luck. (tu)

He will have his pros and he will have his cons. He's not signed, he's not our player, nobody is saying he is.

If he is we will all at least hope he will perform and we will all wish him luck. (tu)

Your correct, however if it were to happen I suppose I'll be disappointed in the sense that he goes against the very ethos I believe this club should believe in, and that of what I thought kings and warburtons vision for the club...that being young, hungry players who can improve and the club can benefit financially.

I might be wrong but we don't need someone at 35 for experience- why can't someone at 25/26 provide that experience? Whilst I appreciate he would give us something in the championship, where is the foresight? Warbs/king talked about bringing in players for spl and to benefit rangers for years, eustace is not that hence why if would be disappointing