Our New Captain Is....possibly John Eustace

trueblueal

That's fine - as long as he's fit for it.

14 games last season says he's a risk.

Acknowledged, but his appearances prior were better than I had expected.

I've said all along, it'll be his fitness that worries me, not his age or ability. Let's hope if he signs we're all pleasantly surprised. (tu)

He was actually 27 during his spell at Hereford, he went on loan there in October and turned 27 in November, He was returned to Stoke in December due to various injuries that stopped him playing.

He never joined Watford until January 2008 and played 13 league games and 2 play off games.

are you saying he played over 85 games in season 2008-09 ?

are you neglecting to let facts get in the way?

He played 26 games in 2008/09. It's also interesting to read the reason he never played as much as he did at first for Watford was because of an expensive appearance clause he had in his contract, which was renegotiated and funnilly enough he was an ever present after that.

He was actually 27 during his spell at Hereford, he went on loan there in October and turned 27 in November, He was returned to Stoke in December due to various injuries that stopped him playing.

He never joined Watford until January 2008 and played 13 league games and 2 play off games.

are you saying he played over 85 games in season 2008-09 ?

are you neglecting to let facts get in the way?

Which would make him 26 when he joined.

It's also worth noting that he was recalled because of his inability to play due to injuries.

He was recalled due to Stoke having injuries and he was needed by them. He made 8 appearances for Hereford in the 2 months he was there and was such a key player for them that they tried to extend his loan before he was recalled.

You're not very good at this.

You're the second person I've seen callimg him a journeyman.

He's played for two clubs in 8 years. Hardly a journeman.

Goat,

In the last 8 years he has played for Stoke,Watford and Derby. During his career he has played for 8 clubs, if we sign him that will be 9.

How many clubs does a player need to play for before he is considered a journeyman?

Which would make him 26 when he joined.

He was recalled due to Stoke having injuries and he was needed by them. He made 8 appearances for Hereford in the 2 months he was there and was such a key player for them that they tried to extend his loan before he was recalled.

You're not very good at this.

He was 27 during his spell at Hereford.

but you are correct on the second paragraph.

my mistake.

Goat,

In the last 8 years he has played for Stoke,Watford and Derby. During his career he has played for 8 clubs, if we sign him that will be 9.

How many clubs does a player need to play for before he is considered a journeyman?

He's actually only played for 7 clubs. 2 spells at Derby. So we'll be his 8th club.

Goat,

He's played for Watford an Derby in eight years.

If you want to include his Stoke years the "journeyman" stat looks even worse for you, he's played for four clubs in 13 years and one of those clubs was a 2 month loan deal to Hereford.

He's played for Watford an Derby in eight years.

If you want to include his Stoke years the "journeyman" stat looks even worse for you, he's played for four clubs in 13 years and one of those clubs was a 2 month loan deal to Hereford.

8 years ago was 2007.

He was a regular for Stoke during the first half of the 2007–08 season and captained the team up until his move to Watford on the last day of the transfer window.

Why people arguing about many clubs he's played for ? He's 35 Ofcourse he's going to have played for a few clubs. Fuck sake most players are retired at 35 or ready to retire.

Steve claridge that's what u call a journey man

There are very few players in Scotland who would be a regular for a top 8-10 in the English Championship.

Even less at the age of 35 with a history of injuries.

Ross,

Do you think it is a good move for Rangers to sign a 35 year old who has been released by a top half English Championship team.

Surely there are better options available.

Age and double knee surgery raises a bit of an eyebrow but I back Warburton and let's face it, things can only get better from last season.

For those concerned, the guy is free and I'm sure will be on a short contract with relatively low wages given his age. Not a massive gamble imo.

By all accounts he is a good leader and allows teams to push forward whilst providing cover. Genuinely can't wait to see what Warburton's Rangers team can do and if he thinks this is a player who can help us then I'm all for it.

If it ends up that we don't sign him then it's a non-issue. If we do then I'm sure everyone will quickly get eusta it.

Acknowledged, but his appearances prior were better than I had expected.

I've said all along, it'll be his fitness that worries me, not his age or ability. Let's hope if he signs we're all pleasantly surprised. (tu)

Think we're on the same wavelength then!

(tu)