Our New Captain Is....possibly John Eustace

trueblueal

John Eustace would stroll the Scottish championship. Half the folk on here ain't seen him play id imagine yet have an opinion cause he's 35. Probably the same people who think Scott Allan is a world beater. I believe having his experience for a year in our team could be vital. Could prove to be a good acquisition.

Weir was a good players, but surrounded by good players, with experience, who could make up for his deficiencies.

For this guy to come straight in as captain is pretty shocking tbh

Anyway, before we all stating getting hysterical, let's remember the source of this story......

Our manager isn't even in the country, yet we have a story about "our new captain"

Hmmmmm

Good call.

Of course they didn't, and I include myself in that.

So if it's true, he'll have my support until I see otherwise.

No mate i wasn't trying to prove a point i was just looking for info on what kind of player he is. I know Derby done pretty well last year and apparently played some good football.

Good luck with that logic.

Wit?! :lol:

He took a promoted side with a fraction of the budget of most of the Championship and took them within 3 games of the biggest league in the world :lol:

You're sitting getting raging on an internet forum with zero managerial experience.

There's yer fucking logic.

@barks5: Sad to see Eusty leave @dcfcofficial 1 of the top pro's in the game. For me promotion would have been achieved if he was chosen when fit!

@barks5: Just my opinion on how important Eusty was missed last season everyone. Surely stats prove how influential his experience was?

@barks5: Some silly comments tonight. Eusty is player who influenced the players around him. At times we missed that. Simple. Night all.

(tu)

Generalising every player based on their age is a ridiculous thing to do.

By most accounts Derby were a far better and more solid feam when he was in it and Warburton will know all about what he can offer in terms of leadership and providing a solid foundation in midfield from their time at Watford together.

I trust the managers judgement 100%.

The leadership qualities might be the paramount factor here. A three year vision, to build a squad that will benefit the club and year one having many youngsters. We need a captain that does not treat the lads to a Nando's or a beer, we need a leader who coaches with experience, whilst leading on the pitch on match days.

If MW thinks this guy is the answer, I am all for it.

Not directed at you.

If I did twatter, that's what I would have replied.

I'm pretty sure the people who my reply was directed at have read it.

Cool mate. I didn't think so but i wasn't sure.

I was gonna say the bastards at that paper better send me a cheque if i'm promoting them that well. :lol:

I agree with you by the way. (tu)

I'm willing to bet the moaners haven't seen this guy play before, neither have i, so I'll give him a chance. On top of that, holding midfielders tend to be a lot older these days.

I've probably seen him at some point before, but he's not exactly a name you would go out your way to look for is he? :lol:

I've got no problem with it at all and that's because I completely trust Warburton.