Our New Captain Is....possibly John Eustace

trueblueal

He was on loan to Dundee united the season we won the league at the piggery!

Get him to fuck man!

So what kind of player is he? Is he good with the ball at his feet? Decent tackler? Work hard?

Just because you obviously know him well.

I've probably seen him at some point before, but he's not exactly a name you would go out your way to look for is he? :lol:

I've got no problem with it at all and that's because I completely trust Warburton.

What makes you have so much trust in Warburton? Not saying I don't trust him , I'm happy we got him but I think its a bit OTT to completely trust him on everything he does as if he has a long track record to be worthy of such blind trust

Just had a swatch on a Derby forum to see what they thought of Eustace leaving. Some gutted and think if he was fit for every game they would have gone up automatically. Some would like him to stay as a back up and some think Derby have made the right choice. However all of them were united in their admiration for Eustace and his service at Derby, particularly highlighting his leadership skills.

Here's a couple of quotes:

Eustance wasnt or should i say isnt the best footballer in the team thats for sure and his technical ability shall we say isn't great! But what eustace was the master at was allowing everyone around him to play ! And we certainly sempt a more balancef team when he was in there !

The best football we've seen since Jim Smith was in Mac's first season with John Eustace playing regularly.

He was the perfect fit for Hughes and Bryson's movement allowing them to get forward without fear.

Eustace is the type of player that proves its a team game.

Its probably time for him to go based on age and injury but best wishes to him and thanks for the superb football you allowed to be played. Players like Eust are so underrated its unbelievable.

The ability, discipline, selflessness, bravery, work ethic and sheer football intelligence needed to do what he did, while making it look so easy, is a rare talent indeed.

Fuck sake. 35 year old that naebdy has heard of but no to worry "in warbs we trust"

Its like we could re sign Jon Daly and it would be all right because "in warbs we trust 100%"

That's just nonsense.

John Daly was signed by McCoist for one reason and we all know that reason.

I'm willing to bet the moaners haven't seen this guy play before, neither have i, so I'll give him a chance. On top of that, holding midfielders tend to be a lot older these days.

Was it not only a few years ago that we had Gatusso linked with us and many were rubbing their bells at the thought? He is 37 now!

Can someone please remind me the age of Andrea Pirlo?

Yeah I'm sure eustace will be choosing between us and juve.

No two players are the same, just because he's 35 does that mean he's pish...nope. Just because Pirlo is older and a damn fine player that eustace is too....nope.

I wouldn't believe the story tbh but if true then it's what I had been looking for 3 years ago....a young team peppered with a bit of experience.

This type of signing is a short-term option and he's not going to add value to the club. This is the type of signing the fans have grown sick of over recet years.

Doesn't mean it isn't necessary.

Some will just have to take their medicine. Warburton was clear he'd use experience to guide his young, hungry, talented team.