Our New Captain Is....possibly John Eustace

trueblueal

Your correct, however if it were to happen I suppose I'll be disappointed in the sense that he goes against the very ethos I believe this club should believe in, and that of what I thought kings and warburtons vision for the club...that being young, hungry players who can improve and the club can benefit financially.

I might be wrong but we don't need someone at 35 for experience- why can't someone at 25/26 provide that experience? Whilst I appreciate he would give us something in the championship, where is the foresight? Warbs/king talked about bringing in players for spl and to benefit rangers for years, eustace is not that hence why if would be disappointing

I also agree win you. In fact I'm just about all against him signing too. My other replies in this thread say generally what you're saying.

There I was just replying to the guy who was telling us to be calm because he's not signed yet :)

Although we all agree it's a bit of a strange target, if he were to sign, we would all back him anyway. :D

28 pages...by the reaction on here you'd think we were after James McClean!!!

Eustace was superb with the young scholars and pros when he was at Watford,so in that sense and with his experience he could be a good addition.

Captain.... not for me.

John Eustace, even if he's not fit, is a leader. Delivered rousing speeches in the changing rooms before games and, rumour has it, McClaren would hand over to John at half time if the team looked like they needed a kick up the arse or a wee bit of self belief. We aren't just buying a team for on the park lads, we need someone to bond the team, we need guys with experience who can bring these younger boys into the fold and ease their transition.

"Broken" was the term used to describe our club, and Warburton's trying to fix it the only way he knows. If John Eustace goes on to sign then he could be the successor we needed for Davie Weir.

I also agree win you. In fact I'm just about all against him signing too. My other replies in this thread say generally what you're saying.

There I was just replying to the guy who was telling us to be calm because he's not signed yet :)

Although we all agree it's a bit of a strange target, if he were to sign, we would all back him anyway. :D

I would only accept this type of signing if warbs were to bring in young, exciting ball players...we need to bring the fear and the flair back to ibrox and players for fans to get excited about..if this guy is our only midfield signing then I'd be highly disappointed

signing players over 30, especially those with bad injury records and even more so blokes at 34+ is everything but prudent and building for the future

its the type of suicidal nonsense that brought us here in the first place

if our new MD (no laughing) had an ounce of desire to actually have us running in a self sustaining manner he would immediately advise that any player over 30 needs explicit board approval due to the financial hole it will undoubtedly leave the club to fill in future years.

If that was in place the manager would have to go through those extra steps to satisfy the club as to why a player should be signed against RFC policy.

signing players over 30, especially those with bad injury records and even more so blokes at 34+ is everything but prudent and building for the future

its the type of suicidal nonsense that brought us here in the first place

if our new MD (no laughing) had an ounce of desire to actually have us running in a self sustaining manner he would immediately advise that any player over 30 needs explicit board approval due to the financial hole it will undoubtedly leave the club to fill in future years.

If that was in place the manager would have to go through those extra steps to satisfy the club as to why a player should be signed against RFC policy.

I would normally be of the same opinion but wr do need an experienced captain to lead the young lads on the park

I would normally be of the same opinion but wr do need an experienced captain to lead the young lads on the park

there is experience and then there is signing a guy who is nearer 40 than 30 and always injury prone

how many games do we really expect him to play next season 12?

anyway, as long as the manager has to jump through several hoops to sign such a player is all I am interested about, the execs are not doing their job properly if they are not having serious conversations regarding any such signing.... experience does not equate to retirees

Not saying its real or true, but if it is then :anguish::anguish:

If it is, I'll only cop this If all his other signings are early 20's

We already have lots of experience with those left over, particularly bell, law, Wallace, miller, mcgregor, zal so it's hard to see the reasoning of this if true

Well obviously but Warburton specifically mentioned adding value to the club presumably to sell on as otherwise if he was just talking about to help get promotion then why mention adding value to the club as that would be a given

I don't think you understood 1 word Warburton said if you think he meant value was pure and simply sell on value.

We already have lots of experience with those left over, particularly bell, law, Wallace, miller, mcgregor, zal so it's hard to see the reasoning of this if true

Of that lot only Miller and at a push Wallace have any leadership qualities. We don't have an on field organiser at all. If we have a team of 24 and unders with say 3 older guys like Eustace, Wallace etc then that could be a good mix.

I doubt Eustace will play every game but by all accounts he's a model pro and standards at Ibrox have dropped off a cliff. Maybe he's what the young guys need. A classy pro to aspire to.

Of that lot only Miller and at a push Wallace have any leadership qualities. We don't have an on field organiser at all. If we have a team of 24 and unders with say 3 older guys like Eustace, Wallace etc then that could be a good mix.

I doubt Eustace will play every game but by all accounts he's a model pro and standards at Ibrox have dropped off a cliff. Maybe he's what the young guys need. A classy pro to aspire to.

This.

Honestly some people need to get a grip of themselves. Who gives a fuck what age he is, as long as he does a job.

Scottish Championship we are talking about here, would walk into any team in the league. Sounds like a leader, type of person we were crying out for last season.

Captain should be the best person for the job, not who's been there the longest.

All of the players you listed went missing when the going was tough last year. We need a leader, not just someone who's older. And Cammy Bell as a leader :lol: fucking biggest shite bag bottle merchant of the lot, and I include the invisible man in that.

Plus I wouldn't expect McGregor, Zal or Miller to be near our starting 11, or Bell probably.

there is experience and then there is signing a guy who is nearer 40 than 30 and always injury prone

how many games do we really expect him to play next season 12?

anyway, as long as the manager has to jump through several hoops to sign such a player is all I am interested about, the execs are not doing their job properly if they are not having serious conversations regarding any such signing.... experience does not equate to retirees

He's played more than 50 games over the last two seasons at a level much higher than the one we'll be playing at. Don't see why he wouldn't be able to play most games.

Honestly don't know much at all about him. But if is there to be the guy who holds everything together i can cope with it - his leadership skills seem to be impeccable which may well be very important both on and off the park.

I will trust that our manager is signing players based on how he wants us set up, and if this is part of the plan then I will go with it.