Our New Captain Is....possibly John Eustace

trueblueal

Whilst I have never seen the lad play, all the reports from Derby (and others) are consistent in their reports, he is a leader. And that is something we have badly missed since Weir left.

absolute bollocks

I have seen plenty of leaders, on a football field, and their key component is not "be really old"

at 35/6 a footballer is a shadow of what he was at his peak

what you are advocating is signing players who you know are well past their peak and who you know will be more prone to, and take longer to recover from, injury

in essence you are signing players who you know will come with issues

so are we really saying that the only way we can introduce leadership, into our club, is to sign 35/6 year old players?

amazes me that all the other clubs in the world seem to manage to not follow this plus 30 rule that bankrupted RFC seem driven to follow despite it repeatedly biting us on the arris

absolute bollocks

I have seen plenty of leaders, on a football field, and their key component is not "be really old"

what you are advocating is signing players who you know are well past their peak and who you know will be more prone to, and take longer to recover from, injury

so are we really saying that the only way we can introduce leadership, into our club, is to sign 35/6 year old players?

amazes me that all the other clubs in the world seem to manage to not follow this plus 30 rule that bankrupted rfc seem driven to follow despite it repeatedly biting us on the arris

:lol:

I've lost count of the number of Leicester City fans that were furious when Cambiasso rolled up.

The number of Rangers fans who are still furious Walter signed Weir.

absolute bollocksI have seen plenty of leaders, on a football field, and their key component is not "be really old"at 35/6 a footballer is a shadow of what he was at his peakwhat you are advocating is signing players who you know are well past their peak and who you know will be more prone to, and take longer to recover from, injuryin essence you are signing players who you know will come with issuesso are we really saying that the only way we can introduce leadership, into our club, is to sign 35/6 year old players?amazes me that all the other clubs in the world seem to manage to not follow this plus 30 rule that bankrupted RFC seem driven to follow despite it repeatedly biting us on the arris

Davie Weir was 37 when he signed for us, then gave us 5 good years playing nearly every game.

MW was clear about mixing young, hungry youth with experience.

I trust him.

(tu)

If this is who the gaffer chooses then that's fine by me. He did say he wants 2 or 3 experienced heads surrounded by youth.

absolute bollocks

amazes me that all the other clubs in the world seem to manage to not follow this plus 30 rule that bankrupted RFC seem driven to follow despite it repeatedly biting us on the arris

Aye Pirlo n Xavi are past it right enough

I've lost count of the number of Leicester City fans that were furious when Cambiasso rolled up.

The number of Rangers fans who are still furious Walter signed Weir.

I lost count the number of times folk walked by weir and smith sent teams out to not try and win

forgive me for expecting The Rangers to play with a bit of pomp, a touch of style and an attitude that reassures Scottish society that we are every much the class apart.

I will leave fawning over mediocrity to you new agers

If it is, I'll only cop this If all his other signings are early 20's

We already have lots of experience with those left over, particularly bell, law, Wallace, miller, mcgregor, zal so it's hard to see the reasoning of this if true

None of them are captain material and are all shite.

I lost count the number of times folk walked by weir and smith sent teams out to not try and win

forgive me for expecting The Rangers to play with a bit of pomp, a touch of style and an attitude that reassures Scottish society that we are every much the class apart.

I will leave fawning over mediocrity to you new agers

You're an absolute roaster. I honestly have no idea how the cogs in your mind turn over to process information, but it's a strange and fascinating thing.

absolute bollocks

I didn't say that being a leader & being old were mutually exclusive.

Lee McCulloch was old, but was not a leader.

Barry Ferguson in his younger days, was a leader.

All I said was we have not had a leader on the park since Weir left. Eustace seems without doubt a leader.

I'm not particularly comfortable signing at 35 year old. That being said, Derby fans seem pretty gutted he is leaving which suggests he still has something to offer.

If he is on minimal wages (max 2/3k a week) then I can begin to understand. If not, then I struggle to see the benefit in bringing him in.

If true , another joke signing ..............

Maybe you should actually wait until it's official before decrying any signings, better still....If he does sign, how about judging him on performances.

Put your tampon back in ya wee lassie.

Maybe you should actually wait until it's official before decrying any signings, better still....If he does sign, how about judging him on performances.

Put your tampon back in ya wee lassie.

I said if true, prick.

But a 36 year old injury prone , no cunt has ever heard of is a joke signing...........

Yes.

He only turned pro at 22 and was playing for Falkirk when he turned 26.

what does turning pro have to do with anything?

it shows you how misguided you are if you are trying to tell people that david weir was as good a player at 37 than he was in his late 20's

indeed id advise you to ask Mr Weir what he thinks

or instead you could maybe phone up the medical profession and tell them you have found someone who has the same turn of speed, at 37, as they did at 27

they had the same healing prowess, at 37 as they did at 27

next you will be telling me that he had the same amount of active spunk in his baws at 37 than he did at 27

I didn't say that being a leader & being old were mutually exclusive.

Lee McCulloch was old, but was not a leader.

Barry Ferguson in his younger days, was a leader.

All I said was we have not had a leader on the park since Weir left. Eustace seems without doubt a leader.

I'm not particularly comfortable signing at 35 year old. That being said, Derby fans seem pretty gutted he is leaving which suggests he still has something to offer.

If he is on minimal wages (max 2/3k a week) then I can begin to understand. If not, then I struggle to see the benefit in bringing him in.

derby fans also say that when he isn't injured he is great but he is prone to injuries and he is out a while with them

we should be looking to sign players that give us every sporting advantage not players that come with the baggage of genetics

derby fans also say that when he isn't injured he is great but he is prone to injuries and he is out a while with them

we should be looking to sign players that give us every sporting advantage not players that come with the baggage of genetics

I doubt you'll find anyone who disagrees.