Our New Captain Is....possibly John Eustace

trueblueal

Extremely average I'd imagine. If he was any good then folk would have heard of him, he's a journeyman way past his best

Honestly buddy, your answers are beginning to sound a little ridiculous. You need to chill a little.

Because if the shoe was on the other foot e.g hibs were after this guy we'd all be pishing ourselves laughing that's a fact. But yet folk are trying to think of reasons to convince themselves that its a good signing and to compare this guy to lampard or Gerrard is utterly embarrassing

I couldn't give a rats arse who Hibs are after, why would anyone on here?

The only time I give a flying fuck about some other team's signings, is when I think they'll do some damage to us, or make them tougher to beat. You need to grow some thicker skin or rise above it.

But carry on and lambast a player before he gets the chance to show what he can offer. That's just the welcome he'll need.

I'm not lambasting him but as I said to compare him to great players is a joke.

If he drew celtic in a cup this season he would not have a chance in hell of keeping up with brown etc and on that basis he should not be signed.

Extremely average I'd imagine. If he was any good then folk would have heard of him, he's a journeyman way past his best

So you don't know then? :lol:

A journeyman that's played for two clubs in 9 years? Seriously?

Cos they are our main rivals for the league perhaps?

I seem to remember the other week or even last week folk on here giving a fuck when hibs were signing players etc and we hadn't even a manager

If he drew celtic in a cup this season he would not have a chance in hell of keeping up with brown etc and on that basis he should not be signed.

No-one compared him to great players, they compared his age to they great players.

Cos they are our main rivals for the league perhaps?

I seem to remember the other week or even last week folk on here giving a fuck when hibs were signing players etc and we hadn't even a manager

If we don't win this league, it's not down to Hibs, it's down to our own failings.

I'll give this manager and the team he signs a chance, the same way I gave McCoist a chance at the start (despite me knowing he was never a choice for manager). If they fail, they'll get the same abuse McCoist has, if they succeed, no-one will even remember this thread.

You don't know that ffs! You said yourself, you've never heard of him! Honestly mate, you'll be in an early grave with this pish if you're not careful.

Hibs are signing young players and taking a chance on them. If it works out they turn a good profit. They seem to be playing some good football too. Eustace is a very short-term option who will not add value to this squad off the pitch. I'd prefer to see us take a chance on someone else but at the end of the day it's Warburton's decison.

No-one compared him to great players, they compared his age to they great players.

Which is still comparing him to great players, the reason the likes of Gerrard and lampard can play well in to their 30's is because they are that good in the first place that even when they age they can still cut it

Fuck Lego teeth!

Which is still comparing him to great players, the reason the likes of Gerrard and lampard can play well in to their 30's is because they are that good in the first place that even when they age they can still cut it

So by that logic, Eustace is still playing well into his 30's so what type of player must that make him?

And you do know? As I said if he was any good folk wouldn't be going 'who?'

2 clubs in 9 years where did you get that info??

I don't know, I've said as much, I couldn't tell you what he's like. That's why I'm not getting my panties in a twist. I'll wait until I see how he is for us.

Sorry two clubs in 8 years, 3 clubs in 9. Stoke, Watford and Derby.

We should have that post pinned to the top of the front page to demonstrate how a poster can show complete, admitted ignorance and be instantly pessimistic all in one sentence. Quite comical.

We should definitely trust you, who don't know anything about him, over Warburton who has worked with him and been managing in the same league as him last year.

Hibs are signing young players and taking a chance on them. If it works out they turn a good profit. They seem to be playing some good football too. Eustace is a very short-term option who will not add value to this squad off the pitch. I'd prefer to see us take a chance on someone else but at the end of the day it's Warburton's decison.

What a fuckin daft thing to say... How do you know he wont be at MP helping with youths etc hes been around the game and will pass on much experience

How is it comparing them to great players? doh

I think anyone would be fucking bonkers to compare someone that's played for Derby and Watford the last 8 years to, Champions League winning, World cup winning, premier league winning, Seria A winning, Italian and England, Chelsea, Liverpool, AC Milan and Juventus legends.

I've not seen anyone compare them on skills, have you?

What a fuckin daft thing to say... How do you know he wont be at MP helping with youths etc hes been around the game and will pass on much experience

Like Kenny Miller and Lee McCulloch did last season?