Our New Captain Is....possibly John Eustace

trueblueal

Don't see what the worry is. I would expect the majority of the signings will be younger players the occasional older player will be fine as long as they are not on long contracts. Most of us will never have seen the majority players that are being quoted play . Let's just see who actually is signed and how they play. I would place trust in the manager and Davie Weirs judgement

Some QUOTES from Derby fans- "Rangers fans would be stupid to underestimate how good a signing John Eustace would be for them, Excellent for us and his injury cost us last year". another one - "John Eustace would be a superb signing for Rangers, always gave 110% and was a big, big miss in our poor run in". and - "John Eustace is a quality player who Rangers would be lucky to have in the SPL never mind the championship! Warburton must know his stuff ".

These are ACTUAL quotes from Derby fans who seen him play just last season.

That will be the same Derby fans who ridiculed Rangers after our dire performance under McCoist's stewardship.

The guy may be a decent player and maybe a "Scottish first division pub team" is all he can manage at the end of his mediocre career. (his words, not mines)

That will be the same Derby fans who ridiculed Rangers after our dire performance under McCoist's stewardship.

The guy may be a decent player and maybe a "Scottish first division pub team" is all he can manage at the end of his mediocre career. (his words, not mines)

You do realise that it's not his twitter account don't you?

That was a parody twitter account.

people where hoping a manager would come in who knew the english leagues for players.

We have one that has stated mostly young players with a few older pro's

We are linked with one and there is a meltdown

Parody.

Never knew that j,

But I still don't think a 35 year old who has suffered various injuries during a mediocre career is the the way forward.

I firmly believe that Warburton will have a database of combative midfielders playing in England and there will be loads of free agents.

but at the age of 35 I am not convinced he is the best option.

I wonder (if he does actually sign) if he's coming here as a future coach? Perhaps a year or two on the pitch and then coaching. Seems reasonable given Warburton has worked with him before and would be aware of what he'd bring.

A not unreasonable concept, but now we're building with one very short-term target in mind.

If we don't get up this year, there will be no years two or three.

First things first.

people where hoping a manager would come in who knew the english leagues for players.

We have one that has stated mostly young players with a few older pro's

We are linked with one and there is a meltdown

Where is the meltdown?

are people not entitled to their opinion?

I am firmly of the belief that we need an experienced central midfielder, especially after Legoheid bullied Black, Law and Hutton last season. but I am not convinced that a journeyman 35 year old is the answer.

I am happy to be proved wrong but I doubt I will be.

A not unreasonable concept, but now we're building with one very short-term target in mind.

If we don't get up this year, there will be no years two or three.

First things first.

He's highly regarded by those losing his services, I'm willing to give him the chance to contribute to getting us over the line this term if Warburton thinks likewise.

Eustace at 28-29 was not good enough to play for Rangers, We had international players who were winning titles and cup as well as reaching European finals.

He managed a loan spell at the mighty Hereford.

He was 26 when he was at Hereford and joined them on loan to aid his comeback from injury.

At 28-29 he was well into the 100 odd appearances for Watford in a stronger league to the one we were in. Don't let facts get in the way though.

He's highly regarded by those losing his services, I'm willing to give him the chance to contribute to getting us over the line this term if Warburton thinks likewise.

That's fine - as long as he's fit for it.

14 games last season says he's a risk.

Where is the meltdown?

are people not entitled to their opinion?

I am firmly of the belief that we need an experienced central midfielder, especially after Legoheid bullied Black, Law and Hutton last season. but I am not convinced that a journeyman 35 year old is the answer.

I am happy to be proved wrong but I doubt I will be.

You're the second person I've seen callimg him a journeyman.

He's played for two clubs in 8 years. Hardly a journeman.

He was 26 when he was at Hereford and joined them on loan to aid his comeback from injury.

At 28-29 he was well into the 100 odd appearances for Watford in a stronger league to the one we were in. Don't let facts get in the way though.

He was actually 27 during his spell at Hereford, he went on loan there in October and turned 27 in November, He was returned to Stoke in December due to various injuries that stopped him playing.

He never joined Watford until January 2008 and played 13 league games and 2 play off games.

are you saying he played over 85 games in season 2008-09 ?

are you neglecting to let facts get in the way?