Our New Captain Is....possibly John Eustace

trueblueal

I remember the same hooha from some when we signed Davie Weir and look how that turned out. Maybe people should wait and see if he actually signs and if he's actually any good before they get their knickers in a twist.

We should have gave Alexander that extra year not a great Keeper but much better than Bell.

Actually he was offered deal on much much lower terms that what he was on - he didn't take it.

He was one of our highest earners on a reported 15k a week ..

Actually he was offered deal on much much lower terms that what he was on - he didn't take it.

Did he not actually want a two year deal and we only offered him one. ?

Must have been a better option than simonsen twice and Robinson and Bell, i'd have thought.

Calm, dominant, can pass and has a wonderful engine and a bit of dig if needed. The kid can play, no doubt about it. He's a proper footballer.

I was reading elsewhere that Derby fans are blaming him being out the team for them not going up and that they are going to miss him so much which is a huge compliment.

Sounds perfect for us in this division, age of course is a worry but like others have said depends on how he's looked after himself.

Eustace as captain would be a very clever appointment. It allows someone younger to step up the following season rather than give it to the wrong person now then have to rip the stripes off.

(tu)

MW has clearly said he will be relying heavily on a youthful team backed by a couple of older, experienced heads. Look at any 'youthful' team the world over and you will see one or 2 guys like Eustace playing alongside them. People expecting a whole team of 22 year old starlets are dreaming.

MW has told us his vision,we need to let him get on with it and trust his judgement instead of decrying signings we haven't even made yet.

Yeah especially here, inconsistency will not be tolerated for very long.

(tu)

MW has clearly said he will be relying heavily on a youthful team backed by a couple of older, experienced heads. Look at any 'youthful' team the world over and you will see one or 2 guys like Eustace playing alongside them. People expecting a whole team of 22 year old starlets are dreaming.

MW has told us his vision,we need to let him get on with it and trust his judgement instead of decrying signings we haven't even made yet.

(tu)

Everybody talks about guys like Dallas, Pritchard, Grey & Jota when they speak about his Brentford team but I bet if you asked him he would say O'Connor & Douglas were every bit as important as any of them are.

(tu)

Everybody talks about guys like Dallas, Pritchard, Grey & Jota when they speak about his Brentford team but I bet if you asked him he would say O'Connor & Douglas were every bit as important as any of them are.

Without a doubt (tu)

I know he Is 35 but he is a good player, he adds that solidity to the defence and midfield, would have been perfect for last season but never mind, also quite a few clubs are after him e.g Leeds and Sheffield which tells u he still has something to offer at a much higher level!

He was happy to take a pay cut but wanted 2 years not one. He said many times it wasn't the money but the length of the deal.