Mcmurdo Has His Say On Warbs.....

AlCapone

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbh if it was an ashley board who appointed MW then some would take the view bill has because kingco appointed him

Maybe some would,but the vast majority of bears would applaud such a signing including myself no matter which board signed him up.But bill seems content to pour cold water onto everything to do with RFC and the current board no matter what.

I don't see a lot to get worked up over his blog. He is clearly looking at the new managers appointment from the glass half-empty perspective whereas most others are looking at it far more positively. I don't think anyone could fail to be impressed by Warburton over the last week but, to play devils advocate, so far it's all been talk and we need to see that transferred on to the park. I'm really hopeful that it's the start of good things but know from experience it's better to temper your expectations somewhat as supporting the Rangers is very rarely plain sailing.

I genuinely Warburton is the man we need at the present time.

I think that even if he falls a little short of getting us to the very top then at least he will ensure the groundwork that should have been done 3 years ago is in place.

We at least will have instilled a proper work ethic and given youth a chance while attempting to play football.

For all the hoopla, Warburton is a huge gamble for Rangers to take. His back story is interesting but it does not speak of a great deal of football experience and virtually none at the top level. This has been somehow spun as a positive and there is a lot of goodwill and wellwishing by fans toward Warbs as he is now known.

Maybe because we've had a manager with top-level experience who did not do so well?

Amazingly, that bubble has not yet burst for those who refuse to accept that Rangers as a club and team are at the level they deserve.

Fuck off.

If you don't like Bill's ramblings how about reading my ramblings instead? :lol:

We do when you tell us there's a new one, my man.

Here's some free publicity :D ...

http://www.shoot.co.uk/category/news/time-is-right-for-warburton-to-make-his-mark-at-rangers/

Much better than McMurdo's drivel btw.

Bills blogs are in a similar mould to Crazy Phil 3 Names.

He writes loads of crap and if some of it sticks he takes the credit, however, if he's completely wrong it gets swept and he moves on to his next ramble.

If Warburton fails and the Kiernan guy flops you can bet that Bill will have a blog saying "told ye so"

But if Warburton succeeds and Kiernan turns out to be solid as a rock you won't hear a whisper.

Bill says in his article that he thinks Wilson will become a Rangers great which imo is highly unlikely, the difference between Bill and I is that for Rangers sake I hope I'm wrong big time, unfortunately though it seems Bill will be happy to see King run Rangers into the ground such is his loathing for King and desire to be right. A very unfortunate position for a bear to be in and equally unfortunate is that there appears no way back for Bills credibility. The fact that I still read his blog says more about my love for all things Rangers (related) than his writing skills and can't help thinking when I read his comments page that he's actually groomed the contributers because seldom does anyone contradict him unlike this forum where opinions vary largely, which is healthy.

Reads like sour grapes because Big Fat Mike didn't get his own way...

Really looking forward to the new season as well as any fan I have spoken to, Anyone being negative about Warburton

before we have even kicked a ball is just looking for issues.

Hopefully MW will lay the foundations for us to move forward.