How Many More Signings Can We Expect...?

graeme_4

We've brought in Wilson and Kiernan, and looking like we will get Eustace.

I've heard rumblings of May or Cifti (CF), Allan (CM) and a youngish Watford GK (can't remember his name).

For me, we need at least:

RB, CM, Winger, CF.

Nice to have would be:

GK, another RB / LB, another winger.

Probably another 8 good players required for us to really push on and steamroll this Championship I'd say.

Not sure if it's realistic, but fingers crossed...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 or 7 players only?

Who exactly will we be subsidising the rest of team/squad with?

He likes a smaller squad. His squad last season was about 24 players. Subsidised by youth, what we've been asking for since 2012.

And if this striker gets injured then we go with Clark or Miller?

Good god.

I was thinking Gallagher/hardie, providing they impress Warburton, but I'd have no qualms with either Clark or Miller tbh, thought they worked hard all season with very little service, that should change under Warburton (tu)

I was thinking Gallagher/hardie, providing they impress Warburton, but I'd have no qualms with either Clark or Miller tbh, thought they worked hard all season with very little service, that should change under Warburton (tu)

If we have to play with Miller and Clark up top we wont win league..

I dread to think of our team if we only sign 6 players..

I trust Warburton.

We've been crying out for a different approach than the last 3 years. Less dead weight in the squad, supplemented by youth having a clear path to the first team is a consequence of the new direction we are taking.

We can complain in hindsight, right now I'm not worried tbh.

4 or 5 more.

MW has said we're looking to bring in 6 or 7 multiple times. Also been clear he likes a smaller squad, and bringing through youth players.

Provided the youth players are good enough. I suspect warburton will be spending a great deal of time with the likes of gasparotto, sinnamon, Kelly, Halkett, Crawford, Ramsay, McKay, Gallagher, Hardie, Walsh, Aird etc. to gauge whether they fit in with his approach.

The same can be said for those left behind from the summer purge, if he wants any of them gone we may see closer to 8/9 signings.

If we have to play with Miller and Clark up top we wont win league..

Disagree, especially when you look at Warburtons teams, goals are shared by the attacking midfieklders and wingers by getting into the space that the forward creates. I think Miller is our best bet as it stands to fit his system, would prefer a Cifti type, but Miller exceeded my expectations last season, he still has a relative turn of pace, intelligent runs and decent enough on the ball. I can see him and Eustace being the experienced pro's required to help the younger lads along, Weir as well for the centre half pairing

I reckon it'll be down to a combination of factors such as availability, desire to come here and wage demands. Warburton also wants someone of captain material. I think it also depends on whether MW and DW think that some of the poor performances were a result of poor coaching followed by desperate morale and eventually fatigue. If he believes the likes of Templeton, Law and Shiels are better than their performances showed they'll not push for numbers. The silly season starts in earnest on July 1st, but I reckon we will bring in 6-8 players who will not include Allan who, contrary to last year's reports, is showing no desire to play for Rangers. Warburton will not be interested.

I think we will sign five more before the season starts (Eustace, keeper, right back, winger, playmakerand a forward) and after that Warburton will continue to evaluate the squad, look at the youth teams for some players and after he's done that then look to probably dip into the market again.

This is going to be a gradual transition. He won't make all the changes required in one window.

Starting to worry we might not have a lot of money and will be dealing in bargain basement buys. I'd love to see guys like May, Ciftci and Allan but got this horrible feeling that these guys are out of our league.

Hope to fuck I'm wrong and just being a paranoid fuckface!

I would think Mark would make use of his extensive contacts to bring in couple of loan players, given that I wouldn't expect us to sign any more than 2 or 3 more.

I think thats enough, as long as they are players who would form the spine of a team allowing Mark to infill with what we have and mibbe a few talented loans, we have the January window as well. Its Mark the coach that excites me not Mark the player buyer.

I think we will sign five more before the season starts (Eustace, keeper, right back, winger, playmakerand a forward) and after that Warburton will continue to evaluate the squad, look at the youth teams for some players and after he's done that then look to probably dip into the market again.

This is going to be a gradual transition. He won't make all the changes required in one window.

Exactly. (tu)

We tried the quick fix route. Time for something more sustainable long term.