Ian Cathro

Not seen a thread and I don't want to just be a dick but why is this news in here? I know his name was suggested/mooted for manager but we got our manager so this is not rangers related?

There was other posters not long ago claiming he would still be brought in as head of youth development, this kills that story so that's why it's here.

You've failed at not being a dick (tu)

Not seen a thread and I don't want to just be a dick but why is this news in here? I know his name was suggested/mooted for manager but we got our manager so this is not rangers related?

I put one in General Sports a couple hours ago. (tu)

There was other posters not long ago claiming he would still be brought in as head of youth development, this kills that story so that's why it's here.

You've failed at not being a dick (tu)

It as total pie in the sky stuff. Being assistant at Newcastle is his next step to managing in England and he's fairly close to home for his family reasons.

Wish the guy luck but as was said above we have our manager now and if I'm being honest I doubt I'd have felt this optimistic with cathro in charge. Warburton is saying the right things and if he lives up to those words then I suspect we'll forget all about cathro.....provided he doesn't go on to massive success at which point the forums will be full of "I told you so" threads.

Good luck to him, think he's done the right things in his career so far, plenty of experience abroad despite being so young. Not sure it'll work out for him down south, mainly because I don't think McLaren will work out for Newcastle... but who knows. Wish him the best