Are We Now Lagging Behind?

Gaz52

I'm not sure to be honest but I've seen plenty of people on here thinking that the lack of transfer activity just now is fine as it is not yet 1st of July ( :crabflute: )

Wilson I'm delighted with, a player who strolled the championship last season and is comfortable playing the ball on the deck (no long ball nonsense). Kiernan I don't know anything about, but going from things I've been reading then he's a pretty decent CB who is probably going to make a good impact with us

Eustace deal is looking unlikely now IMO, I think he's waiting on another offer down south coming in

Halliday & Wabara are coming on trial apparently, which is positive again as these two players have the credentials to do it for us, especially Andy who is/was a frequent member ON RM :pipe: if you're reading this, good luck mate!

Personally I don't see any reason to panic just now, pre-season training has only just started and Nicky Clark was squatting with a 10kg weight bar so things are heading in the right direction....

How many players do we need and in what positions?

I would like to see Jason Holt & Stevie May join us as well may I add.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We've been lagging behind for years. To the filth, and dare I say it even to the part time proddies in Edinburgh.

As long as Warburton has a properly thought out plan, and he implements it as he see's fit, then I am happy to give him time.

Coaching, recruitment, grass roots, youth football, progression within the club - lagged behind in all of them for years through our blinkered attitudes to getting the best people to do the job and giving people the tools to do it. Goes back years and years. When was the last time you saw a player come to Ibrox that wasn't a seasoned pro? When was the last time our coaches, etc., saw someone with potential and brought them in?

The squad was rightly decimated. I reckon we got the right man in but the board should have worked harder to get him sooner and give him the biggest possible timeframe to address the playing squad issue.

After the initial flurry, it's gone quieter than I'd like.

I'd have liked to have seen at least 2 midfielders and 2 forwards sign.

Now MW focus, rightly, will be on the players at his disposal and getting them to firstly fit and secondly to buy into his way of playing.

This will be intensive and detract from his attention to signings. I get that it's important he sees what he has available from the youth already there etc, but the longer we wait the more chance of signings going elsewhere imo.

So in summary, behind where I'd have liked to have been and moving slower than I'd have liked along the right track.

Not at all, providing Warbara comes in this week, we have enough quality, IMO, to see a couple late-ish additions come in and form a quick partnership and understanding with the squad.

Warburton praised Mulholland's work with the youths, I expect he'll promote a few from there to supplement the lack of depth.

It's important that he gets the right signings. More important than anything else IMO.

Worst case scenario as it stands

Bell

Warbara Kiernan Wilson Wallace

Murdoch ?

Walsh Temps McKay

?

I think we have enough talent in that line up, providing they all buy into the style Warburton wants. Eustace would have been a good shout for that other holding spot, and I'm sure Warburton is looking at Strikers to bring in these next few weeks. Things are moving nicely IMO

Definitely not.

I don't want a team of Sandaza's, Kyle's, Black's et all on stupid wages again.

To reiterate MW, I want a team of players that will play for the shirt, will add value on and off the pitch, that appreciate hard work and are 100% committed.

These players need thoroughly scouted and checked out if they meet the correct criteria.

To be honest, with the resources available, I think we've done a great job so far and the players we have brought in so far is testament to the above.

to give him his due its hard to attract players this early in the transfer window, It means little that our season is starting 25 July as many of the players will sit back and see what offers they get from Championship teams. As their season starts a few weeks later few players will not rush into a contract.

That being said I'm underwhelmed at the calibre of player we are looking it, worryingly no one seems to be bringing this up

Definitely not.

I don't want a team of Sandaza's, Kyle's, Black's et all on stupid wages again.

To reiterate MW, I want a team of players that will play for the shirt, will add value on and off the pitch, that appreciate hard work and are 100% committed.

These players need thoroughly scouted and checked out if they meet the correct criteria.

To be honest, with the resources available, I think we've done a great job so far and the players we have brought in so far is testament to the above.

Are you happy with the resources available?

Are you happy with the resources available?

They are what they are, I'd be happy if we had the world to spend, as much as I'd be happy if we had no money to spend. It is what it is.

I'm just happy that we actually seem to have plans in motion now for the future of the club. We've got a forward thinking manager with plenty of idea's that we've been needing for a while now.

But at the end of it all, I'm happy that we have Rangers to support.

to give him his due its hard to attract players this early in the transfer window, It means little that our season is starting 25 July as many of the players will sit back and see what offers they get from Championship teams. As their season starts a few weeks later few players will not rush into a contract.

That being said I'm underwhelmed at the calibre of player we are looking it, worryingly no one seems to be bringing this up

Top notch players are going to be difficult to attract imo,

Even the glitters struggle to get players and they have european football to help attract them.

The players we are getting i sure will be the best and most realistic availible,however I reckon we will get a wee surprise or 2

Worst case scenario as it stands

Bell

Warbara Kiernan Wilson Wallace

Murdoch ?

Walsh Temps McKay

?

I think we have enough talent in that line up, providing they all buy into the style Warburton wants. Eustace would have been a good shout for that other holding spot, and I'm sure Warburton is looking at Strikers to bring in these next few weeks. Things are moving nicely IMO

That team is pretty poor even as a worst case scenario.

I'm not worried as the management seems to be working to a set plan and aren't just going to sign bodies just for the sake of it.Considering the league we will be playing in and the time frame Warburton has had to try and get his signings signed sealed and delivered, he has done a good job so far.

His hardest signing will be a striker who can score double figures on a regular basis each season, because good strikers are not easy to find and normally cost a fortune to get and even then you have to get one that is right for the team. (look at the mess the scum got themselves into with the big rush signing Amido Balde, Hólmbert Friðjónsson, John Guidetti, Stefan Scepovic as strikers and every one of them so far ended up a fucking dud and costing the scum a fortune) :thumbup:

Warburton knows what he is doing. :pipe:

I think we as fans will be underwhelmed by the calibre of players we are looking at for some time, there is no way the club can compete for players of the calibre of Klos, Gazza, De Boer, Butcher and all the other greats that have wore the blue shirt of Rangers.

We will just have to be patient as we climb back to the top, the last thing we need to do is over stretch our finances as we progress and end up in the shit.

I think we as fans will be underwhelmed by the calibre of players we are looking at for some time, there is no way the club can compete for players of the calibre of Klos, Gazza, De Boer, Butcher and all the other greats that have wore the blue shirt of Rangers.

We will just have to be patient as we climb back to the top, the last thing we need to do is over stretch our finances as we progress and end up in the shit.

I dont expect us to compete for any of the players above ever again, I'm comfortable with that. I do feel though taht after all the promises we should be investing significant amounts in young players with lots of potential. We should be snapping up good young Scottish talent up to £1.5 million in fees. I accept Wilson would fall into that category so well done to the club in attracting him with no fee. We should be competing with C*ltic just now for the top Scottish talent from the likes of Aberdeen and Dundde Unt