Burnley At Ibrox 21St July

I disagree

Rangers more than any club know how important it is this the fans to get a trip away down south.

Our show of support is a sight to behold and a strength of how big our club is

Ask Wednesday fans etc

We won a lot of support over the years through friendlies in England

Always been that way for as long as I've been following

To a certain extent you're correct in most of what you say, however if the manager believes we would at this late stage be better served by not traveling this pre-season then i can live with that. It's not as if we will never enjoy those games in the future.

Aye it's not about the fans :lol:

You know the ones who keep the club ticking over...

I'm one of them and will survive not traveling to England for one season, i may even travel to Ibrox for a home friendly thus giving money to my own club.

Bizarre thought to some it seems. ;) .

Look at the reception we got in Bristol, Sheffield and Derby when the travelling bears went down. The atmosphere was immense and we gained a lot of support after these games. That's what going to England is about, increasing our fanbase and gaining as much exposure as possible. We should have at LEAST 1 away trip in England every pre-season. I hope this year is a blip and not going to happen every year.

You can do both surely? For what we have put up with it is the least they could do. Burnley at Ibrox is hardly a glamour friendly.

It's hardly a glamour trip either. Fucking Burnley. Place is a shit hole. Tje point is pre season isn't a reward to fans it's about getting the team up to speed for the coming season. If MW wants a game at Ibrox then so be it. This idea that were due something back is mental. We're due nothing back because we were shite last year.

As disappointed as I am about missing a wee trip down to england it is far more important that we focus on the team. Hopefully we will have brought in 7 players by the start and we need to get them up and running from the start as we have two difficult games right off the bat.

No doubt next year normal service will be resumed but this year is about getting the players in getting them gelled as a unit and implementing our new style of play asap, so as to give us something to build on in the next couple of transfer windows in preparation for top flight football.

England can wait for 1 season, i'd rather we got the right manager in ( which we have ) and focus on signing the right players which we're doing wisely then prepare them closer to home getting ready for the new season and winning promotion 1st time of asking, then the good trips and glamour ties can come the following season.