Burnley At Ibrox 21St July

Enjoyed watching that.

Unlucky, could've won by 2 or 3 goals, against what was an EPL team last Season.

Plenty of positives, plenty for Warbs to take and hone from that game.

We will only get better.

We'll win the League and a Cup this year, nailed on!

writingranger. Saturdy is NOT pre-season. It is a cup tie, not a training session. It is a "must win" game.

Even MW said hivs and Peterhead are part of preseason, due to the timing, and the first league game is what we are building to.

sick of this ball on the deck nonsense. Get it up the park. Get yer heid on it man!

I really liked this patient game and they all looked like footballers. My only niggling criticism is that we lacked a little bit of creativity in creating definite openings.

It's a small niggle about a new team. It's the first time I can remember real football since Advocaat.

Saturday is a very different thing and I really want to win it, but Warburton is right to emphasise that it is still only part of the pre-season. I too will have to be patient.

I like the patient play too and thought we put in a good performance considering Mr Warburton has only had 4 weeks so far. If we keep the ball for more of the game then the other team have less possession to do anything with it which is simple logic.

The guy next to me was constantly giving it "oh fur fucks sake boot it up the field" :anguish:

I like the patient play too and thought we put in a good performance considering Mr Warburton has only had 4 weeks so far. If we keep the ball for more of the game then the other team have less possession to do anything with it which is simple logic.

The guy next to me was constantly giving it "oh fur fucks sake boot it up the field" :anguish:

Didn't realise Jig was at the game tonight..

Only caught the first 30 minutes and I thought we looked tremendous, building from the back and keeping possession.

Sadly I think some of the faithful might find it hard to adjust considering we have seen 'boot it to daly" for 3 years.

All in all I saw positives, one player however will have to step it up to keep in that side is Barry McKay, thought he looked quite immature when he didn't have the ball and was still head down when he had it.

Andy Halliday however - what a fucking steal!

AlBear85. I have confidence in Warburton to take us forward but any cup tie is not just pre-season for Rangers. He is new and probably doean't fully understand that yet. Does he even realise that the opponents are the vatican reserves?

Promotion as Champions is all that matters. It really is that simple, I'm sure that MW understands that.

Yes, every game Rangers play is a must win but MW was clear about how he has planned our preparations to hit the ground running for August 7th.

Not sure what some people were watching, didn't expect us to beat them by 5 goals but I did expect to see a new ethos and style of play and we got that.

The new boys played well and looked solid, apart from the goal, and we had a few chances to put the ball in the net, Waggy up front on his tod was an unknown for the wingers and the midfield players coming into the box were either too fast or not getting into space but apart from that not overly disappointed with the performance.

I know one thing for sure, I enjoyed that performance a damn sight better than some of the dross we have been handed the last few years.

To address the point of the lone striker, that is a very difficult role to fill and we do need someone else and maybe a seemless transition to two up top if required but these things will come. Overall I am fairly happy with that that first glimpse of the performance we may expect.

Never seen the game.

How did the wide men do?

Did we create much?

Temps had some good moments and looked better than last season, but he still needs to improve. Lost the ball too easily for me at times.

McKay just seems too lightweight. Easily brushed aside at times by the stronger Burnley lads. He did alright, but Walsh looked more dangerous and accomplished when he came on. Interestingly, Miller played wider when he came on and did quite well.

Promotion as Champions is all that matters. It really is that simple, I'm sure that MW understands that.

Yes, every game Rangers play is a must win but MW was clear about how he has planned our preparations to hit the ground running for August 7th.

How about Cup runs?

Overall a good performance.

A lot of good passing and moving , every player looked reasonably comfortable on the ball.

McKay looked too weak , would swap for Walsh against Hibs.

Could be doing with more penetration though , the possession sometimes did just seem side to side.

Hopefully that will come with match fitness and Waghorn finishing his chances.

The first 20 minutes were very encouraging, but lost their way for most if the game after that but hopefully the game tonight will help the lads for Saturday.

Patience is not one of my strong points but it will be required I feel for a wee while with this young team. (tu)

Walsh looked a lot more dangerous when he came on and if it's between him & Mckay\Temps on sat Id go for him every day.

Also kudos to the Burnley fans, brought a decent crowd and were spot on in the Louden after it too safe journey home lads (tu)

McKay got bullied off the ball, when he got the ball I expected something from him but never happened.

We were patient in build up play, retained possession well especially in the first half hour before they scored. Easter Road on Saturday, probably be a bit scrappy and we get stuck right fucking in, I know Halliday will! :D

First time I've walked away from Ibrox, content with a defeat and not fucking raging saying imma fuck going back to watch that shite again.

Jason Holt runs funny.

Onwards and upwards!

The first 20 minutes were very encouraging, but lost their way for most if the game after that but hopefully the game tonight will help the lads for Saturday.

Patience is not one of my strong points but it will be required I feel for a wee while with this young team. (tu)

They were running at a high pace the first twenty minutes and you could see they lost steam after that as the game settled. The team has not had an opportunity to jell just yet. Will pass judgement in 4 weeks.

Ally got pelters, rightly so, for his cup record but now cups don't matter. You couldn't make it up.

In his first real match in charge for the petro cup, yeah doesn't matter. If he doesn't manage to win it in three years though then I may ask questions if we are still in this league.

The only plus side of saturday is beating the Edin scum in the cup but if it fell on it's arse not going to bloody well blow my top about it.