Burnley At Ibrox 21St July

My 11 year old sons head nearly exploded when I texted him to tell him about this as we're Rangers/Burnley fans.

Midweek will probably restrict the numbers travelling up. Those that come will be mostly pro Rangers/Unionist as the town hates ceptic since they rioted @ Turf Moor in a 1978 Anglo-Scottish Cup match.

Shame it isn't @ Turf Moor as the welcome would be massive and despite what people think of Burnley it's a football mad town and would open its arms to Rangers fans. Burnley FC have strong links with Ulster as Burnley found many players from over there. Friendly folk who like a pint or two and I used to sell numerous Burnley/Rangers scarves/badges on the stall I used to have down there.

We'll be coming up and it'll be weird sitting in the away end but it'll great to see the Clarets @ Ibrox. Can't wait!

Have family down there and have been following Burnley for almost a decade now. I'm over the moon with the friendly. Do wish it was at Turf Moor as it would give me another excuse to go down. I do know a lot of Burnley fans that are excited to come to our historic stadium though. Looking forward to this so much and will have a piss up just the same with a great bunch of fans from Burnley.

Just looked at the email again, it says that ST holders have until Tuesday 14th to purchase their own seats so I'm thinking that general sale will be from then onwards.

General sale is today also but only for available seats

Do you not think it's worth a tenner to see how Warburton has got the team going, new set ups and formations etc ?

Some have the hibs game a few day later maybe thinking off that.

I'm not a big fan of friendlies but its a new start so always a good time to see the team.

Some have the hibs game a few day later maybe thinking off that.

True enough and I'll be going to that also, and wasn't meaning anything by that, just thought this game would be well anticipated due to bring the first chance to see how we're going to line up.

True enough and I'll be going to that also, and wasn't meaning anything by that, just thought this game would be well anticipated due to bring the first chance to see how we're going to line up.

Its always good to go and see players debut i think even in a friendly. you get that wee buzz every year whether the teams been shite or not the season before.

Will be good to see a new look team.

Its always good to go and see players debut i think even in a friendly. you get that wee buzz every year whether the teams been shite or not the season before.

Exactly mate, I'm always the same every season, I think it's part excitement for seeing new signing and part because the close season is boring as fuck lol. Still a bit gutted that we haven't got an away friendly but it'll be good to get back to Ibrox again

Do you not think it's worth a tenner to see how Warburton has got the team going, new set ups and formations etc ?

Possibly mate, just the usual with these games generally being disappointments and I basically never miss competitive matches at Ibrox all season

Possibly mate, just the usual with these games generally being disappointments and I basically never miss competitive matches at Ibrox all season

Fair enough mate, and as you say these games are never usually great. My comment wasn't meant to come across as cheeky by the way ha ha it didn't read like it sounded in my head lol

Ticket bought. It's been too long without any football. Could be a decent encounter (don't agree that these games are usually disappointing) and I'm looking forward to get a glimpse of the mew players and setup.

Annoyed, because I'm in BR3 me, my mate & his kid's ticket are linked.

His kids can't make the game that night so we planned to go along ourselves but we can't buy our tickets without having a "child" as part of the party.

Even called the ticket helpline and they can't help .. I need to go to the ticket office itself & sort this out

Nothing we did over the past 3 years justified the price of the tickets but every season the cash was stumped up. The start of a new era should be better than a home game vs Burnley on a Tuesday. Fuck going to that.

Don't fucking go then. I'm sure someone who appreciates it more will take your place.

Is the public sale of tickets for this available now? I just see season ticket holders sale upto the 14th of July, I.take it there will be tickets available after the 14th for public sale?

Someone mentioned earlier that it was available for public sale just now but only for seats not taken by season ticket holders, and then their tickets will become available from Tuesday