Durie & Jim Henry Leave Rangers

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure you were at the game or have seen the video or both. Laudrup was unstoppable that day and while Durie still had to put the chances away, any striker would have scored 3 that day, it just happened to be Durie. Don't get me wrong it's a fantastic achievement but it doesn't make him a legend in my book!

think it says it all that laudrup was man of the match, in spite of durie getting a hattrick

think goat was in agreement with you mate and laughing with you - me as well, never a legend

Haha, I didn't think he was, maybe I'm wrong.

I'm glad others are on my side, I was beginning to think I had lost the plot!

Lol, he really wasn't. He was a decent honest player in a fantastic team/squad!

That won more league titles, and cups than Gascoigne and Laudrup combined.

Is Nacho Novo a Rangers legend? Is Ricksen?

That won more league titles, and cups than Gascoigne and Laudrup combined.

Is Nacho Novo a Rangers legend? Is Ricksen?

ye, it's subjective isn't t - what makes a legend, is it trophies, games played, their affinity with the fans, just how fuckin good they were? what if brilliant, score loads goals etc but turn out to be utter fuds - does legend status disappear?

is alley a legend? he defo was, but in my opinion has been tarnished cause of what has transpired last couple years and even more so of late

edit - spelling's shocking, too many beers lol

Jukebox is 100% a legend... For me McCoist and hateley got the plaudits while jukebox was with us and rightly so, however jukebox was for me our teddy sheringham to manchester uniteds Cole and Yorke, a player with that bit of class to make a difference up top.

You might think that's extreme to compare him to sheringham, but I really don't. Top notch as a player, as a coach i think it's right warburton brings in his own staff.

Don't even get me started on Jim Henry, Adam Owen was a million times better at the same job. I almost think Henry cost us promotion last year due to how unfit and unmotivated the players were.

There is no chance on this earth that Gordon Durie is a Rangers legend

"He won more trophies than Gazza and Laudrup" - what sort of stupid argument is that? Kirk Broadfoot won more trophies than Gazza. Is he more of a club legend?

Rumours that McCulloch will be replacing Durie. Would love us to get a coach because he is a good coach and not because he is an ex-Rangers players.

Really poor show from the club if true. He was the captain of that bunch of money grabbing wasters and in a lot of ways the worst of the lot. This would be huge slap in face at a time when we seem to having a much needed clear out why bring back one of the chief architects of failure , may as well bring McCoist back as well :angry:

Jig coming back as coach would be annoying. However, do we know what his philosophy is in terms of how he wants teams to play? If he does come in he'll have to be given time by MW to prove himself.

I'm pleased that Henry has gone, the players haven't looked fit under him. Adam Owen was much better.

Durie leaves with my best wishes and thanks. I've fond memories of him scoring for us in my formative years culminating in that SFA cup final hat-trick.

Really poor show from the club if true. He was the captain of that bunch of money grabbing wasters and in a lot of ways the worst of the lot. This would be huge slap in face at a time when we seem to having a much needed clear out why bring back one of the chief architects of failure , may as well bring McCoist back as well :angry:

yep

ok then, just back from wee family holiday and not up to speed - apologies to poster, just sounded fishy that's all

The jist of it was that Kilmarnock offered him a deal but he's turned it down to assess his options because there might be a return to us on the cards either as a first team coach or in the youth set up (which they said was the more likely option).

The jist of it was that Kilmarnock offered him a deal but he's turned it down to assess his options because there might be a return to us on the cards either as a first team coach or in the youth set up (which they said was the more likely option).

we should go on our hands and knees and beg george adams to come back and run our youth set up

cheers mate, though lets all hope just paper talk. also correct me if wrong but was jig not brought in to help mcdowall as well as durie when durrant got punted to the kids. if so did wee mccall keep him on in that capacity cause mcdowall's record was fucking rank and jig must have been partly to blame for that.