Matched Betting

bluebell82

Yeah as above the profit is limited by the amount of the free bet, the difference between the odds on that free bet and whether or not you have up to a grand in your brokers site (or spare in a bank account)

i.e if you had a free bet of £200(bet365), in order to be able to lay it you'd need just over a grand if the odds were 6.00 on both bets. Even at odds of 4.0 you'd need £600. Depending on how fast you want to turnover, you might have to add in the initial £200 deposit plus the required lay amount for the 1st bet to the tally of available cash. You'd also have to be prepared to turn over £1200 in order to be able to withdraw the cash (providing that the bookie site was always the winning bet.)

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

Yeah as above the profit is limited by the amount of the free bet, the difference between the odds on that free bet and whether or not you have up to a grand in your brokers site (or spare in a bank account)

i.e if you had a free bet of £200(bet365), in order to be able to lay it you'd need just over a grand if the odds were 6.00 on both bets. Even at odds of 4.0 you'd need £600. Depending on how fast you want to turnover, you might have to add in the initial £200 deposit plus the required lay amount for the 1st bet to the tally of available cash. You'd also have to be prepared to turn over £1200 in order to be able to withdraw the cash (providing that the bookie site was always the winning bet.

This offer is one of the last to do as it requires, as you say, a huge liability (in exchange terms)

anyone continuing to put money into bets to cover outlay and initial bets, is in my opinion, being impatient.

My advice would be to start on Coral, Smarkets etc and do the quick and easy ones, gradually work up to Ladbrokes William Hill, Bet365 etc etc

An ideal scenario would be, drop £50 into a bank account, drop £50 into betfair exchange or Smarkets, when you win a bet in the exchange great, when you win in the bookies drop it into the bank and use it for new sites 

I have also read people usin a spreadsheet but unless you know exactly how to calculate pending bets in the exchange and how much liability and profit you have, then you are just going to get confused

To keep it simple, open a bank account which you use only for betting sites, open an exchange account, take a couple days to let 4/5/6 bets settle, make a point in the week to not have any open bets and calculate exactly how much is in each account. 

I would always take note of which games you have bet on and never have more than 4 open bets at a time then it is so much easier to keep track of where your money is

not directed at you McLovin, just couldn't delete your quote lol

Betfairs "my bets" is an excellent page for seeing what you coulf potentially win, your account statement is great for seeing what you won or lost, but yeah reading these type of pages and seeing what your up or down depending on what type of bet you did can get confusing 

Ive opened enough now so im going to start mug betting soon on the good accounts 

19 hours ago, A.T.G said:

not directed at you McLovin, just couldn't delete your quote lol

Yeah no worries, what you've said is pretty much what i've done but i do use a spreadsheet and this is my "week off" to double check my profit and that the spreadsheet works. I agree that using a spreadsheet it is easy to get confused and if you have a power outage while its open and you can't recover the document (like i did) then it could be rendered useless as you wont know what changes you make since the last save point.

As for the adding additional funds, i wasn't recommending that anyone do it (if its came across that way, i didn't intend it to) but i did have to do it a couple of times to bring the broker balance up, but that was only because i was getting through a couple quickly and the bookie bets had won. So i knew how much i had coming, it just wasn't in my bank then.

keeping track of your profits is actually quite easy ive found

the my bets part of betfair is extremely good for following current bets, past ones as well but any "profit" you make on betfair my bets page remember to take 5% off for commission, or you could check your account statement which gives you profit and commission

the only part i find a pain is to remember what betfair or smarkets bet belongs to which bookie :lol:

1 hour ago, miracle said:

What's this Automatcher the student chap talks about?  Is it a website or a piece of software?

its a site that uses software to find best bookie odds

the best one i find is oddsmonkey, 8 quid a month for up to the second odds from nearly all bookies and all exchanges, the free oddsmonkey account has a 30 minute delay

saves you finding a match for your betting

18 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

I'm going to start doing the ACCA refund offers and horse racing refunds soon. Once I get the swing of it I'll post instructions

the accas seem easy enough, if you have the time, the horse racing ones are way harder given how much the prices fluctuate

On 16 February 2016 at 10:02 PM, Jimbeamjunior said:

keeping track of your profits is actually quite easy ive found

the my bets part of betfair is extremely good for following current bets, past ones as well but any "profit" you make on betfair my bets page remember to take 5% off for commission, or you could check your account statement which gives you profit and commission

the only part i find a pain is to remember what betfair or smarkets bet belongs to which bookie :lol:

I really dislike betfair and the whole website lay out. Much prefer smarkets as I find it much easier to use even before the 3% difference in commission. Wish they would do first goal scorer lays as well as I feel the bet fair/paddy tie in only spells trouble and the paddy messenger first goal scorer refund bet is great if you get decent matches!

6 hours ago, Cobham said:

I really dislike betfair and the whole website lay out. Much prefer smarkets as I find it much easier to use even before the 3% difference in commission. Wish they would do first goal scorer lays as well as I feel the bet fair/paddy tie in only spells trouble and the paddy messenger first goal scorer refund bet is great if you get decent matches!

I find there isn't as much money in smarkets as well, harder to get a match compared to betfair

20 hours ago, miracle said:

Does the 30 minute delay make a material difference in your experience?

It only affects you if your doing the gee gees, as initially theres a fair amount of +105% bets that mean you'd make money on any bet placed and no need to lay it. For football i've not had any issues.

If you get the site refreshed when the odds are refreshed then theres a small couple of minute window to get the horse bets in before the odds drop.

Don't know if I'm being dense here.  

It took a while to verify my BetFair account but now I'm good to go.  I now have £30 a free bet in Paddypower and £30 of free bets in BetFair and I'm actually a quid up on my qualifying bet.   In the student chap's example he seems to always use the BetFair Exchange to lay the bet with cash, so what do I do with the free bet from BetFair?

3 hours ago, miracle said:

Don't know if I'm being dense here.  

It took a while to verify my BetFair account but now I'm good to go.  I now have £30 a free bet in Paddypower and £30 of free bets in BetFair and I'm actually a quid up on my qualifying bet.   In the student chap's example he seems to always use the BetFair Exchange to lay the bet with cash, so what do I do with the free bet from BetFair?

Smarkets

Looking for another assist before committing to this one please? :D

Tonybet has a £100 free bonus if you deposit £200. Now it reads as you will be given the £100 "as soon as the deposit is credited" and the bonus amount has to be wagered 12 times with total odds of 1.85 or higher before the funds (the deposit, bonus, and winnings) can be withdrawn or used for other TonyBet gaming services.

So the way i see it is to bet the full £300 on a match but use the underlay method to ensure that no money is lost if the Tonybet, bet wins. Hoping that even although depending on the odds the lay requirement will be around about £250 (odds @ 1.85) and i'll lose £6 on the underlay if the broker wins, that'll mean i'm still £94 up (less 2% smarkets commission).

Cheers for advise, i'm sure i've got it right and will confirm with Tonybet, prior to deposit that the £300 can be used in one bet and not held as two separate amounts (£200 deposit and then £100 bonus)

42 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

Looking for another assist before committing to this one please? :D

Tonybet has a £100 free bonus if you deposit £200. Now it reads as you will be given the £100 "as soon as the deposit is credited" and the bonus amount has to be wagered 12 times with total odds of 1.85 or higher before the funds (the deposit, bonus, and winnings) can be withdrawn or used for other TonyBet gaming services.

So the way i see it is to bet the full £300 on a match but use the underlay method to ensure that no money is lost if the Tonybet, bet wins. Hoping that even although depending on the odds the lay requirement will be around about £250 (odds @ 1.85) and i'll lose £6 on the underlay if the broker wins, that'll mean i'm still £94 up (less 2% smarkets commission).

Cheers for advise, i'm sure i've got it right and will confirm with Tonybet, prior to deposit that the £300 can be used in one bet and not held as two separate amounts (£200 deposit and then £100 bonus)

i wouldnt underlay at all, if you can afford it you should maybe overlay on a bet thats unlikely to win, that way the exchange wins and you get nearly the full 100 in one go

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

i wouldnt underlay at all, if you can afford it you should maybe overlay on a bet thats unlikely to win, that way the exchange wins and you get nearly the full 100 in one go

Yeaa but if the bookies one wins, i then need to do another bet, if there are no other issues with the above scenario, i'd gladly take the £6 loss for £94 profit. :)

The lay liability would be then be looking at upwards of £900 for around odds of 4.00, not quite got that much yet.