Warburton - We're In Good Shape

Might be skeptical as I really am optimistic about this season but I hope that doesn't mean a lack of signings to come. IMO all this clean slate rubbish for those imposters that remain just doesn't cut it. I hope in the pre season bounce games they get found wanting again and if Warburton feels he doesn't need anymore signings that will prove it.

I am happy enough to give the duo a hell of a good shot at this without worrying about signings, I am sure there will be more, on loan or not is immaterial.

Time to judge what happens in a couple of weeks time when we actually start playing and if it is a fuck up at the start I am willing to accept that as well as long as we have a game plan ahead. i am not normally an optimist but I am just now.

The quotes whilst positive are about the commitment, enthusiasm, commitment etc of the players there.

He is not stating either way whether he is happy with the squad itself.

I'm delighted those there seem to have embraced this new culture but do hope more players are brought in quickly to this squad.

It's a bit silly hoping that players who are under contract to us fail in pre-season. They might have disappointed previously but if they start performing now then we can either move them on to other clubs.. or the manager can get use out of them. The alternative being that we're stuck paying their wages for doing fuck-all for another year!

Footballers are thick in general and 99% of the time need telling exactly what to do. These guys have most likely had the worst coaching and tactics in their careers over the past 3 seasons at Rangers under the McCoist regime. I think they will all be totally different when truly fit and properly coached. We will be shocked at the change. Who says the players were not as frustrated with McCoists methods as we were?

We have a first team squad of 20 at the minute without promoting anyone from the youth set up and 3 or 4 players on trial so I'd only expect one more if the trialists work out. Warburton has stated he doesn't like a big squad and I agree with him, its pointless and costly having guys in there who never play throughout the season, with the exception of the sub goalie.

We also have a lot of young potential in Murdoch, Hardie, Walsh, Gallager, Gasparro and Sinnamon to name a few, add to that Templeton who was far too good a player to regress for no reason. I have left young McKay out because he did not shine under other coaches at Raith but the rest can all be first team squad members and a few could be first team regulars.

I hope that if they are good enough Warburton will play them, I'm sick hearing the he is young we have to look after him pish that gets spouted in Scotland, especially at our Club. Good players can play at any age, before we have stifled them leaving them in the reserves until they get fed up waiting and they move on. Over the last 25 years we have let some talent go which is stupid and costly. All it needs is a Coach/Manager with the balls to play them and I hope Warburton has the balls.

The quotes whilst positive are about the commitment, enthusiasm, commitment etc of the players there.

He is not stating either way whether he is happy with the squad itself.

I'm delighted those there seem to have embraced this new culture but do hope more players are brought in quickly to this squad.

But see if Warburton doesn't think he needs any players then we shouldn't be signing any. For all we know Sinnamon etc may be as good as we thought or better

But see if Warburton doesn't think he needs any players then we shouldn't be signing any. For all we know Sinnamon etc may be as good as we thought or better

I agree. Maybe he does feel this way I'm just saying imo this article doesn't clarify whether or not he does think the squad has the personnel he believes we need which is how it could be interpreted.

Whilst I dont feel the squad is good enough if no one else is brought in his view on it is more crucial than mine. His could cost us promotion and him his job. Hope he gets it right!

Truth be told, we have no idea if the squad is good enough, if it wasn't for McCall, lads like Murdoch wouldn't have got game time, the middle would be Hutton and Law under Mcdowell or Black and Law under McCoist. Shiels, a forgotten man under both McDowell and McCoist, came in and was our most assured midfielder IMO. The balance was much better and we played some much needed football for spells. It wasn't perfect, but it showed promise.

The squad hasn't been tested, we saw the same haddies make the same mistakes week after week, whether it be Foster, Jig, Boyd, Black, Simmonsen, Hutton etc, never once was there a danger of them being dropped until McCall came in and we started to play players on merit, bar the Boyd inclusion against Motherwell.

McCall did well, the difference is this time Warburton truly does have a clean slate, the high earners are gone, bar one or two, he'll be constantly evaluating the squad, will have looked at previous games, some of which were probably from before their time with us.

I'm hearing the players are really receptive to him and he has some great methods, they're constantly doing things that revolve around a game situation, every one of them will be prepared, and if they're not, they won't play. Everything bodes well as far as I'm concerned, if we get another couple in, great, if not, Shiels, Law, Temps, Mckay, Gallagher etc will be in much better shape to control games and play well than they've been for the last three years

McCoist is looking more and more incompetent as the weeks go by.

It actually angers me when I think back to his reign in comparison to now, even if it's still really early days.

Playing bare arse, piggy in the middle and treating it like a fucking carry on.

Truth be told, we have no idea if the squad is good enough, if it wasn't for McCall, lads like Murdoch wouldn't have got game time, the middle would be Hutton and Law under Mcdowell or Black and Law under McCoist. Shiels, a forgotten man under both McDowell and McCoist, came in and was our most assured midfielder IMO. The balance was much better and we played some much needed football for spells. It wasn't perfect, but it showed promise.

The squad hasn't been tested, we saw the same haddies make the same mistakes week after week, whether it be Foster, Jig, Boyd, Black, Simmonsen, Hutton etc, never once was there a danger of them being dropped until McCall came in and we started to play players on merit, bar the Boyd inclusion against Motherwell.

McCall did well, the difference is this time Warburton truly does have a clean slate, the high earners are gone, bar one or two, he'll be constantly evaluating the squad, will have looked at previous games, some of which were probably from before their time with us.

I'm hearing the players are really receptive to him and he has some great methods, they're constantly doing things that revolve around a game situation, every one of them will be prepared, and if they're not, they won't play. Everything bodes well as far as I'm concerned, if we get another couple in, great, if not, Shiels, Law, Temps, Mckay, Gallagher etc will be in much better shape to control games and play well than they've been for the last three years

McDowall and durie gave Murdoch his first game not McCall.

McDowall and durie gave Murdoch his first game not McCall.

And then he was bombed out after a poor game against Hibs I believe?

The point is under McCall he was a regular, played well in a decent-ish set up. As did Shiels, as did Mcgrgeor and Wallace started to look a little more like his old self. Under the previous regimes, there wasn't any coaching, there wasn't any structure to the training. Our two best players pre season, Mckay and Gallagher, were loaned out.

Warburton is professional, honest and hard working, do we really think the players won't respond to that? We know they are good enough, most have played well at the highest level in Scotland, yet they all come here and every single one of them, not one or two, every single one, regressed and look jaded, overweight, unfit and didn't care.

That won't happen under Warburton

And then he was bombed out after a poor game against Hibs I believe?

The point is under McCall he was a regular, played well in a decent-ish set up. As did Shiels, as did Mcgrgeor and Wallace started to look a little more like his old self. Under the previous regimes, there wasn't any coaching, there wasn't any structure to the training. Our two best players pre season, Mckay and Gallagher, were loaned out.

Warburton is professional, honest and hard working, do we really think the players won't respond to that? We know they are good enough, most have played well at the highest level in Scotland, yet they all come here and every single one of them, not one or two, every single one, regressed and look jaded, overweight, unfit and didn't care.

That won't happen under Warburton

He picked up an injury McDowall and Durie were always youth coaches so gave him his chance, Wallace was fucking shite a bombscare as was McGregor, Shiels improved but doesn't have the fitness to play a whole match.

I feel sorry for Warburton as some have built him up to far before a ball is kicked, A manager needs backing this board dont seem to be giving him that.

He picked up an injury McDowall and Durie were always youth coaches so gave him his chance, Wallace was fucking shite a bombscare as was McGregor, Shiels improved but doesn't have the fitness to play a whole match.

I feel sorry for Warburton as some have built him up to far before a ball is kicked, A manager needs backing this board dont seem to be giving him that.

Mcgregor certainly wasn't a bomb scare, he was the only consistent performer, and next to Jig, I think anyone would struggle to perform to a high level.

You sure he was injured? I seem to remember his first game going well, a cracker against Raith, then the following week having a quiet-ish game and getting dropped for a few weeks, before eventually coming back into the squad.

I think some fans have a genuine excitement for the first time in years, we don't know who'll line up where, under Ally, you could guess the team on the trip up to Ibrox. Warburton isn't touted as the next Guardiola, but he is a modern manager, doing things a modern way, there'll be no more long balls, no blaming wind, no blaming pitches, no longer ignoring youth, no longer playing a sub standard of football for the money we pay.

We'll be getting exactly what fans want, it may or may not work, but he's done everything right so far. Players will be prepared (tu)

It actually angers me when I think back to his reign in comparison to now, even if it's still really early days.

Playing bare arse, piggy in the middle and treating it like a fucking carry on.

All while being made a millionaire twice over. The ultimate spiv.

Mcgregor certainly wasn't a bomb scare, he was the only consistent performer, and next to Jig, I think anyone would struggle to perform to a high level.

You sure he was injured? I seem to remember his first game going well, a cracker against Raith, then the following week having a quiet-ish game and getting dropped for a few weeks, before eventually coming back into the squad.

I think some fans have a genuine excitement for the first time in years, we don't know who'll line up where, under Ally, you could guess the team on the trip up to Ibrox. Warburton isn't touted as the next Guardiola, but he is a modern manager, doing things a modern way, there'll be no more long balls, no blaming wind, no blaming pitches, no longer ignoring youth, no longer playing a sub standard of football for the money we pay.

We'll be getting exactly what fans want, it may or may not work, but he's done everything right so far. Players will be prepared (tu)

He picked up a knock I'm sure after the Rovers game. I like you're enthusiasm, even though i disagree with some of the points.

I just cant rate McGregor hands all over every man and always lets even the smallest striker get in between him to score, good if the balls coming straight at him.