Moving On Or Loaning Players?

Looking at the way the squad is developing and the potential players coming in I can see W&W looking to move some players on or loan them out.

Hypothetically speaking we have been linked with two Wigan players whilst young lad from man utd, holt, halliday, warbara all under consideration. This says to me that players are not required who are at the club.

Zaliukas? Will he be needed when you have Wilson, Kiernan, McGregor and Gassparato (spelling)

Crawford/ McKay just can't see either playing.

Shiels? I can't see how he will fit into 4-3-3 so is he maybe surplus?

We know its going to be a smaller squad with youth supporting so won't keep everyone.

Looking at the way the squad is developing and the potential players coming in I can see W&W looking to move some players on or loan them out.

Hypothetically speaking we have been linked with two Wigan players whilst young lad from man utd, holt, halliday, warbara all under consideration. This says to me that players are not required who are at the club.

Zaliukas? Will he be needed when you have Wilson, Kiernan, McGregor and Gassparato (spelling)

Crawford/ McKay just can't see either playing.

Shiels? I can't see how he will fit into 4-3-3 so is he maybe surplus?

We know its going to be a smaller squad with youth supporting so won't keep everyone.

I had heard McKay had impressed in another thread but I think it's a numbers game. We know warburton likes to work with a smaller squad but there is a limit. If all the players show a desire to play and he thinks they are good enough I'd expect most to stay as I think their contracts for the most part are up next year.

I don't think he'll be looking to let any of the remaining first team squad out on loan at the moment - zaliukas might not fit his system but he's an experienced, international defender who would be an asset as cover and on the training ground. I think we'll see a bit of sheils this season too, no point in loaning a 30 year old out either!

And I would imagine the younger players will be given a chance at some point, maybe loaned in January if they aren't getting game time - but with a trimmed squad I would guess that everyone is going to get minutes

Doubt Zaliukas will be moved on before this season.

MW:

“Danny Wilson and Rob Kiernan are a strong centre-half paring, and we also have Darren [McGregor] and Marius [Zaliukas], so we’re strong in defence, and we also have the likes of Lee Wallace etc.