Current Squad & What We Still Need

kris1984

Current squad & what we still need

So this is how I currently see it. I know you could move these players about as Warburton has suggested people will be versatile enough to play a number of positions. So you could argue over where Ive placed everyone.

1st Team

Backup

GK

Foderingham

Bell

LB

Wallace

Thompson

CB

Wilson

Zaliukas

CB

Kiernan

McGregor

RB

Tavernier

Sinnamon

DM

Eustace

Murdoch

CM

Law

AM

Holt

Shiels

LW

Halliday

Walsh

RW

Templeton

McKay

CF

Miller

Av. Age

IMO we still need a CM and striker. You could also easily replace Miller with Clark or Hardie. I would prefer it was Hardie…

I suspect we'll sign a striker but probably Law will fill the gap I've shown.

CM

Option 1: Scott Allan - who else?! An RM favourite and IF the fee was less than £600k I think it's worth paying. A player easily better than what we currently have and with potential to be best midfielder in the country.

Option 2: Craig Sibbald - very impressive against us last year. Wouldn’t command a huge fee. I suspect if we did go for Allan, this is who they would replace him with.

Option 3: Unknown English championship player similar to the Kiernan and Tavernier.

CF:

Option 1: Martyn Waghorn - linked with a move but no bids as yet. Don’t know a lot about him but looks the most likely.

Option 2: Stevie May - Apparently home sick and a proven SPL goal scorer. Mobile and hungry that is both decent on the deck and air. Young and probably under £1m.

Option 3: Another unknown English championship player.

What is the general feeling with the current squad assuming we sign all the players in Red? I still don’t like Law filling that midfield slot along with Holt as neither of them convince me they will command games. Thompson might fill one of those roles but we no next to nothing about him and he's really young.

I would be a lot more comfortable if we got a really good CM and CF. You could also argue that we need another wide player and get rid of Templeton or McKay.

IMO we need a right wing back, a match controlling, ball winning, solid CDM. Another CM, Scott Allan type to create the chances and pick out the passes. Two wingers/inside forwards (since we're playing 433) and a striker, possibly even two. May would be ideal for me.

Those Unknown English Championship players sound good.

Aird to fill the RB slot is a significant possibility.

We certainly need a commander in CM/DM. Eustace appears the MW pick, if so, hopefully that will be signed and sealed soon. He's been in and around the squad so he's already bedding in.

A CF is the glaring gap in our squad, but who knows. If McKay, Hardie, Gallagher etc impress in preseason and training there's a good chance MW will put his faith in them. Although I do think we'll bring someone in, even just on loan.

IMO we need a right wing back, a match controlling, ball winning, solid CDM. Another CM, Scott Allan type to create the chances and pick out the passes. Two wingers/inside forwards (since we're playing 433) and a striker, possibly even two. May would be ideal for me.

Thompson appears a similar player to Allan, tbh I think Allan is off the table (at least for now) and I'm not too disappointed about that.

If Eustace & Holt sign I think we would have more than enough in centre midfield - Eustace, Murdoch, Law, Holt, Thompson, Shiels & Halliday all capable of playing there.

At least one striker and another player, possibly two, who can play in the wider positions has to be the priority now.

I genuinely don't think we are as far away as some people are making out that we are.

1x RB, 1 or 2x CM, 1 or 2x CF before window shuts.

Example....Tavernier, Allan/Winks, Waghorn/May and ?

Think if we get in a RB, CM and CF before the league starts we'll be fine. Add a couple of loans mid August when English teams have decided their 25 man squads.

and unrealistic.

Wanting a turn around of 16 players a week away from our first competitive game and 3 weeks before our first league game is madness.

Some people can't seem to cope with the fact MW is "delighted" with the current squad. Another 2 or 3 additions in key areas looks like the plan.

Sign a decent striker and that would fill me with good confidence for next season as it looks like the players in red will be signing... I think MW and DW will get the best out of the players and I think some of the players from last season will be like new signings i still think Miller will come good for us as we will create alot more chances and he can still finish as we have seen that coupled with the fact that he wont need to drop in as deep and do as much running and the fitness will be higher throughout the team.. not got much faith in Clark but time will tell if he can regain his goal scoring form we saw at QOTS think Its a confidence issue... Hardie and gallacher might be good but not seen enough of them and I think we need a recognised name up there but Yea apart from that I think we will have enough with halliday and holt signin by the look of it and I think we will probably walk the league tbh hibs will be main rivals I think st mirren will struggle but getring a realy good feeling about the squad and all the signings seem to have a really good attitude... Onwards and upwards!!

Definitely a RB, a ball winning midfielder & definitely 1, possibly 2 strikers.

Much will depend on how much extra Warburton gets out of players like Templeton, Law, Shiels etc.

offfftttt

Radical!!!!

It sure is! But i dream. :D

and unrealistic.

Absolutely. It's not going to happen. In an ideal world that is what i would have done had i been in charge. Of i am not and Mr Warburton has said he is happy with the current squad. Mind games maybe, keeping players positive, obviously. But i am sure he will be happy with a large part of the squad.

There is no doubt though, we are still short in numbers. Miller and Clark will not cut it. They are unable to satisfy the club and fans demands and expectations.

If we can sign Holt, Halliday, a right back and a couple of strikers then i will be happy. I understand current players are under contract and being so mediocre it will be near impossible to get of them. We will have to wait them out for now.

Thompson appears a similar player to Allan, tbh I think Allan is off the table (at least for now) and I'm not too disappointed about that.

I think Thompson is much more defensive than Allan. I think Thompson is more like a deep lying playmaker.

I think without a doubt we need a striker and a right back.

Assuming we get Halliday and holt I'd say we need one more wide player then we should be in a decent position for this year.

Up top is really the crucial position now imo - we look to have sorted the centre of defense which cost us so much last season and the midfield might be fine if Warburton can get the best out of what's there but we don't seem to have a striker that can bang them in with any sort of regularity