Family Members That Don't Care For Rangers (Or Football)

It's probably more common for overseas Bears to have children (and spouses) who don't quite recognise the true nature of Rangers but I'm sure you've come across people in Scotland - family members, people at work, friends - who are immune to the siren call of the beautiful game. It can limit conversation quite severely and limit friendships too. I known that I've met my share through the years. Have you? How can they?

All the guys in my family are football daft, i don't speak to any of my Dads side besides him, he's a Rangers fan and all my Mums side support celtic, the women in the family don't give a fuck.

I know a lot of folk that don't care much for the football too though, unless they can make up for it with a music conversation (or have tits) they're dead to me.

My Ma and Da were never interested in the fitba', but they said I came oot kicking a baw, and going to a proddy school there was only ever going to be one team for me and I also thank the lord for my wee uncle Freddy who took me to my first game at Ibrox when I must have been around 7-8.

When my wee brothers came along it was up to me to set them on the right path, and I'm proud to say that they never let me down.

WATP.

All the guys in my family are football daft, i don't speak to any of my Dads side besides him, he's a Rangers fan and all my Mums side support celtic, the women in the family don't give a fuck.

I know a lot of folk that don't care much for the football too though, unless they can make up for it with a music conversation (or have tits) they're dead to me.

I liked this because of your sig more than the post mate!

:D

Me and the old man are Rangers mad, pretty much the only thing we talk about half the time! Have a wee brother who is 10 and has never been slightly interested in football whatsoever, is way too wired into his laptop. He's been to a few games but his highlights consist of eating hot dogs and drinking fizzy juice rather than what happens on the pitch.

My Da was too clever to like football but my Maw made sure we followed the Gers . I've two brothers and two sisters and four of us have season tickets and at one point it was all five. My lad was mad on wrestling and after his first trip to see the Gers at six years old I thought he was lost forever such was his apathy after the game. Strange thing is when the shit hit the fan a three years ago he said he'd love a season ticket and we've been in Broomie ever since and I've created a monster who not only quizzed me every day about ST renewal but told me the Burnley tickets were available within 5 seconds! He's 14 now and looks like he has caught the bug big time . His highlight of his three years was getting pumped by tims at Hampden such was the atmosphere so I don't think he'll do walking away and I've also promised him that one day soon he'll see the real Rangers that I was spoiled with.

Both of my boys (now grown men) show little interest in Rangers. Whilst wanting them to win any big game thats probably for my sake rather than their own. Both will watch some CL games and will watch every Euro championship or World cup finals game,In contrast they have only been to Ibrox once and can go weeks without knowing our results.

I was lucky, I grew into a Rangers DAFT family.

My dads family were all loyalist/orange/rangers. My ma was Rangers daft, her brothers didn't really care although one of their two sons are Rangers daft and follow Rangers everywhere, but thats probably down to my maw and da since we used to take them every week when they were younger.

Me, my brother and two cousins are still the only ones there every week. My ma lives in an island and fell out with us all and my da just watches us on the tele wae a few cans these days.

My missus is an ex season ticket holder, and my wee man is slowly turning Rangers daft.

I was lucky, I grew into a Rangers DAFT family.

My dads family were all loyalist/orange/rangers. My ma was Rangers daft, her brothers didn't really care although one of their two sons are Rangers daft and follow Rangers everywhere, but thats probably down to my maw and da since we used to take them every week when they were younger.

Me, my brother and two cousins are still the only ones there every week. My ma lives in an island and fell out with us all and my da just watches us on the tele wae a few cans these days.

My missus is an ex season ticket holder, and my wee man is slowly turning Rangers daft.

My dad's family are all the same mate but especially my dad. He's orange first Rangers second :lol:

My mum's family aren't mad on football although they prefer Celtic, except my mum who has a season tivket at Ibrox now!

I thank both my parents though for my love of Rangers. They split up when I was two but between them always made sure I was going to all the European games when I was younger and had every single new strip the day it came out :lol:

My old man supports Man utd, and has absolutely no interest in rangers or Scottish football even to the extent of taking the piss out of me for supporting rangers. Nobody else in my family really ever supported rangers except one cousin but I have been absolutely rangers daft my whole life, now have a rangers daft brother in law and have introduced a couple of younger family members to the fold.

Me and my Dad have been Rangers supporters all our lives. My mum and sister are in the orange, strangely after they split :lol: and my dads family were all in the orange. My mums side are more "liberal", like my gran takes no interest at all and my grandpa likes talking about it too me but doesn't really go to the games. He likes to see Rangers do well and hates Celtic anyway. Which makes me wonder if he grew up a Partick thistle fan, although he never admits it.

about 15yrs back eldest brother and me took my youngest to dens park when we were up. now fair play he had never been to a live game and was a bit nervous at 14. he chose to sit 3/4 rows in front of the brother and me so he was warned what to expect with fans jumping up etc to move as soon as they do but didn't listen so ended up getting up as they were sitting boy were his shoulders a mess. between that and the noise we made and the general atmosphere and the little bit of aggro outside after the game(we were not involved in it) scared him shitless being from a quiet area of devon he had never seen or heard anything like it. if you talk to him even now he just says we area fuckin mental and need locking up. ahhhhhhh the younger generation so much to learn

Ive got a couple mates that arent into football. They seem baffled sometimes when I get into arguments with folk about it, they cant understand how someone could get so riled up over something thats "just a game", I tell them that someone insulting Rangers or Rangers fans is like someone insulting my Mum or my Family and that they dont understand because they werent born to it.

My side of my family is Rangers daft, my Dad and his Uncle are/were die hard Rangers fans. My mums brother was also a die hard Bear, so I was always going to be Rangers daft, my youngest brother used to be a bigger fan than I am but hasnt been into it as much recently, my other brother was never a big fan but in the past few years has been coming to lots of games, so my Dad raised us all right. Most of the rest of my family are either tims or dont care about football. I suppose its a good thing that the tims in my family arent rabid ones so theres never been any big arguments or anything.

I can already tell my 4 year old Daughter is going to be staunch as fuck when shes older, loves coming to games with me and shouting "COMEONRANGERS!" at the top of her lungs and singing Barcelona 72 and wearing her Rangers top when she comes to my house. Cant wait to get back to Ibrox with her this season so she can see what the real Ibrox roar is like, she still hasnt heard that loud as fuck cheer after a goal that scares the shit out of kids, I remember crying my eyes out as a child with the fright I got from the crowd cheering a goal and ive got to say it will be a proud moment in a funny way when she gets her first taste of the real Ibrox roar.

Me, im Rangers daft too, but I dont really care about other football, if its on in the pub or whatever Ill give it a watch but wouldnt watch it if I had the choice, I just dont really get that entertained watching a game when I dont care who wins, even CL finals etc, Id rather watch Rangers vs Annan than Barca vs Man United. The only time I really enjoy other football is when im on holiday for some reason.

I was born and raised in Australia(family migrated from glasgow), and I'm rangers daft! Could have taken the easy choice and supported man u or arsenal but as it goes - for theres not a team like the glasgow rangers!

Me,my Dad,my brother and Uncle are the only bluenoses while the rest are either tims or don't bother with football. The type when everything is rosy for them they never shut the fuck up about it,yet when they're getting gubbed not a fucking peep is heard,worst cunts.

Took my wee boy (Ally) to Ibrox when we were back in Scotland 2012 for the Queens Park game. Now he is a wee Ausie bear. Loves the team the colours and the songs and wants to play for them. Some people say that it is brain washing....I say it is tradition.WATP

He's been to a few games but his highlights consist of eating hot dogs and drinking fizzy juice rather than what happens on the pitch.

To be fair, I would imagine any child who has been taken to Ibrox in the last 3 or 4 years (for the first time) will not have had a positive football experience that they want to repeat.

Brought my son and daughter to Ibrox when they were young and they quite enjoyed the experience. They don't show much interest in Scottish football although they know about the club. My wife? She might watch a few minutes of a game with me but she's not too interested. Says she's been faking if for years!!

My missus hates football. But she is an RC so I don't mind that she isn't into football :wink:

All three daughters have been brought up as good Bears. Took them to Ibrox often enough to ensure they knew which side their bread was buttered. Wee one is actually a basketball player so that's were her real love lies, but she'll always be a bearette!