GOAT

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers are a British club

We have the Union Jack flying from our own stadium

If you want to vote yes then please go to parkhead or tannadice

Rangers are a club with a British history and with many British supporting fans. However, the club is ultimately it's fan base, and if many fans support independence, that's part of us now too, albeit a part that's under the surface.

I'd argue a fan that can get beyond the fact that the club is historically British, has a predominantly unionist fanbase and shows outwards support of Britain and still supports it is a better fan than one that wants to damage the club by casting aside huge numbers of it's fans. I'd imagine they can because for many people, as with me, supporting Rangers isn't about politics or nationalism, it's more about family. Not to mention the fact that some people are proud of British history, but feel it's time to move to something new (I disagree, but that's up to them). What you need to remember is that Rangers doesn't mean the same to everyone else as it does to you. Rangers more than likely means something a bit different to everybody, and we each follow Rangers for our own reasons and in our own way. It's a bit arrogant to demand that people do it in your way.

If we become a one dimensional club, we're likely to be second to sellic for some time. Fuck that. That's a strange thing to want. We need to be open to people from different persuasions, especially in a world that has more variety than ever. Adapt or die. Many things have failed to adapt and have suffered the consequences. We need to cherish our history whilst being modern and adaptive to be successful.

My best mate was a Rangers fan for ages

He had a Rangers room etc then his Dad took him to a Celtic game and he turned. (His Dad is a Celtic fan)

My little cousin, him and his 2 brothers are 3,5,7 I think and the oldest one was made to be a Celtic fan because his Dad

But then he asked to be a Rangers fans because his friends are Rangers too

So now he's a bear!

The leader of Scotland met with the deputy FM of NI? Never. Sadly, there will be many politicians of many persuasions that discuss policy with him nowadays.

BTW, you seem to have started with an incorrect assumption. I don't vote Yes (which is what we're discussing, not voting SNP), but you lose Rangers fans that do and you come close to guaranteeing second fiddle status for us as a club forever. It would be a lot of fans. I know plenty of lifetime Rangers fans that voted Yes, every bit as much Rangers fans as anyone else.

Fact is she didn't meet him in his capacity as Deputy F M...

post-71529-0-15020400-1437315884_thumb.p

A boy I was friendly with briefly went from being a Rangers supporter in 86/87 and then became a shelick fan in 88 when they won the league.

Always thought he was a bit of a zoomer. I remember asking him why he was now a shellicker and he said he always was ??????

I'm sure that some of the cunts that voted for the cunt who met the cunt might not have voted for the cunt if they knew she was going to discuss policy with the cunt, basically...

Well, everyone discusses policy with Sin Fein nowadays, whether we like it or not. I mean, the Unionists in NI are working with them now. I'd be surprised if just about all of the parties haven't met them to discuss policy and other things.

Anyway, wasn't this about independence rather than the SNP. But if we are talking about the SNP, well, who do you vote for? Because most of them are cunts in different ways.

Unbelievable any of our fans could tolerate yes voters

Amazing that you'd find different views in a group that numbers probably millions, isn't it?

What did you expect, that they'd all think the same thing? Reality check, mate. People become fans before they know what politics means, so it stands to reason we'll have a wide selection of views.

A don't mind any religion or black white brown or Jew or any country

But how someone can back snp campaign and vote independence which would probably have killed Rangers can support us I don't understand

Kill Rangers? No chance!

But anyway, some people regard other things as more important than football, I guess. Some people made their decisions based on more important things than some vague notion of how independence would affect Rangers.

Personally, I think we'd have had a bit of an identity crisis, worked it out in some way, and moved on. I hope not to find out whether I'm right

Monster Raving Loony Party... obviously cos I'm a daft cunt

Well, I was a step up from that. I voted Green. Lesser of evils and all that.

And don't give me grief on Greens wanting independence, cause I explained my reasoning with that elsewhere! :lol:

Im done arguing about the yes fans being bears stuff but I dont see how anyone can think an SNP government would be a good thing for Rangers or Rangers fans

Im done arguing about the yes fans being bears stuff but I dont see how anyone can think an SNP government would be a good thing for Rangers or Rangers fans

Speculating, I don't think it would be much worse than it is now for us, apart from a brief identity crisis. We already really have an SNP govt that does what it wants.

I doubt the SNP would survive in the long term after independence, but I think we would.

A don't mind any religion or black white brown or Jew or any country

But how someone can back snp campaign and vote independence which would probably have killed Rangers can support us I don't understand

Hmmm, 161 posts in 4 years and 6 of them have been trying to stir up a divisive argument in this thread.

Cool (tu)

My family was split down the middle, the older ones voted no and the younger ones yes but everyone is a Rangers supporter, no one talked about Rangers or even gave it a thought when voting. I voted no not because of Rangers but because l thought it was the best for my sons future. I respect everyones right to vote how they wanted but find the condescending shit from some on here pathetic.

Well, I was a step up from that. I voted Green. Lesser of evils and all that.

And don't give me grief on Greens wanting independence, cause I explained my reasoning with that elsewhere! :lol:

When Natalie Bennett said it should not be a crime to join isis or the ira they lost me mate, no matter if they want to free the weed or not :)

Quite a few of my mates at school were all Sheepshaggers or Arabs. Low and behold when we started winning everything they suddenly started appearing with Rangers colours on, one in particular was a massive sheepie at school hadn't seen him for years then bumped into him at an away game in Dundee supporting us he got dogs abuse.

When Natalie Bennett said it should not be a crime to join isis or the ira they lost me mate, no matter if they want to free the weed or not :)

Yeah. I can see what she was getting at, but I don't agree with the full extent of her point. The basis of what she said was right, I just felt she took it to the wrong conclusion. Wasn't enough to put me off, squire.

My mate who was a rangers fan. Member of lodge, has King Billy and No Surrender tattooed on his arm amongst others, and only 2 years ago was wanting to go Sheffield with me (used to go to games regularly) is now a Hibs season ticket holder and goes to all their games... I can't look at him.

That is mental illness right there.