Wilson

Wallace

Holt

Halliday

Law

Mckay

Waghorn

Walsh

If we can transfer the first 30 minutes against Burnley into 90 minutes on Saturday night we should win.

Will be interesting to see the match sharpness of the players after 60 minutes or so but I'm really looking forward to it and I'm confident of a win.

I think that loss last night was a good thing -keeps expectations more reasonable. Saturday's game is more important so im ok with us going in without a big win last night and the fan expectation it would have brought

Live on BBC Alba, Kick-Off: 12.30pm this Saturday 25th July.

The Rangers are back in competitive action - FINALLY. Its felt like a long break after the failures of last season but onwards upwards into a new era under Warburton and Weir! First Team Squad so far (minus Eustace but including Holt):

GOALKEEPERS

Wes Foderingham

Cammy Bell

DEFENCE

Danny Wilson

Rob Kiernan

Marius Zaliukas

Darren McGregor

James Tavernier

Lee Wallace

MIDFIELD

Andy Halliday

Nicky Law

Robbie Crawford

Jordan Thompson

Andy Murdoch

Fraser Aird

David Templeton

Barrie McKay

Jason Holt (TRIALIST)

Tom Walsh

FORWARDS

Kenny Miller

Nicky Clark

Martyn Waghorn

Ryan Hardie

Dean Shiels

Personally, I can see us lining up something like this:

55ad4b5fc8b26.jpg

How sweet it would be to fucking bulldoze these cunts on the first day. Easier said than done though.

I would have Walsh in the team ahead of Templeton, that's the only change I would make in that team sheet.

From last night's team I think the main selection issues are the two wide men either side of Waghorn.

Keeper, defence and midfield are sorted, same as started last night.

I'd love to see Walsh n McKay starting n told to be direct n go at any player marking them.

Wes

Trav

Kiernan

Wilson

Wallace

Holt

Halliday

Law

Mckay

Waghorn

Walsh

- Foderingham -

- Tavernier - Kiernan - Wilson - Wallace -

- Law - Holt -

- Halliday - Shiels - McKay -

- Waghorn -

Aird is shite. Templeton is the definition of inconsistent. Not seen enough of Walsh or Hardie.

Murdoch, Thompson, Gallagher, Walsh and Hardie will more than likely get their chance on numerous occasions throughout the season.

Wingers is the last thing we need. Allan and potentially another striker to play just in front of Waghorn and we're sorted, both unlikely, the latter even more so.

Did hivs not draw with ayr last night, I mean if we did that all hell would break loose!

They did. They'll be weaker than last season. They got rid of six players and brought in four, with the four new players they have being injured already and they dont have a big squad.

They did. They'll be weaker than last season. They got rid of six players and brought in four, with the four new players they have being injured already and they dont have a big squad.

Even the signings they have made haven't been great, much happier with our signings!

The only problem I've got is our gung ho approach might well be exciting and sexy to us - especially after the dross served up to us the past few seasons, but, if we don't have clinical strikers or attacking mids then all we're doing is leaving ourselves open to be sucker punched.

I'd go for the side that started against Burnley apart from one change, I'd have Walsh in for Templeton.

He shows more promise and is actually a real two footed player, and not as easily bullied off the ball, plus he knows instinctively when to pass and cross the ball.

Templeton for me has had too many chances and not came up to scratch, so needs to get better quickly or he should be moved on.

:uk: