*** The Official Hibernian Vs Rangers Match Thread ***

Essandoh

Don't know what I'm most pleased about! The goals, the passing, the tackling...fantastic to see the tackling when we didn't have the ball. No one gave up on a tackle...unlike the past few years.

Not the best start from us but we took them apart. Complete humping in the end!

This could be the start of a truly amazing season. Strap in lads, this is gonna be a hell of a ride :D

Great start for the manager and the team. Good quick movement, neat passing and some great individual skills.

Big contrast from the previous set up and hopefully it can be maintained and even improved upon over the coming season. :)

I'm intrigued to see how the other teams respond to that result. Will they sit in and if so, how will we set the side up if they do. It is obvious we can now break quickly. Be interesting to see how we break down teams that park the bus.

Our achilles heal for the past 3 years (tu) one dimensional, predictable and lacking guile. the difference in fitness is already apparent, as you say we're faster, fitter, still I believe, a lot more to come.

Fantastic result, particularly for an away match.

Good to see a lot of our players shaking hands with and talking to Scott Allan.

Todays' performance should make him even more eager to join us.

The other teams in our division will be bricking it after watching that performance. Happy days! :cool:

It was typical Hivs. They come out like nutters and run around like headless chickens for the first 30m. I genuinely wasn't concerned. You cannot play at that tempo for 90m. It was the same in the play offs. Once the pace dropped the goals came.

A lot of positives and for optimism. Really like the look of Tav at RB and Halliday and Law ruled the second half.

Got to get Scott Allen he really looks a player for me.

Just caught up as im abroad at a festival with limited signal... Fucking delighted with that result!! Was the game as good as it sounds? Bet Halliday went mental after his goal? Did the players get a good reaction from fans after the game?

Delighted with the result and the performance. Having read through this thread I hope all the people posting all the negative shite after 15 minutes of play have a good look at themselves. Comments like 'taxi for McKay to the juniors' are atrocious, probably the same people who are screaming for the youth players to get a chance. Patience is the key here in these early stages, we have changed the whole nucleus of our team and will take a few weeks to get ourselves into full swing. Even after going a goal down I was confident we would come back and win. Defence was a bit shaky first half an hour but Hibs did start quick, and like another poster said, there's no way they could have kept that tempo up for too long. Foderingham looked a bit suspect for the first goal and with the ball at his feet, he needs to be quicker and work on his kicking. Also think Tavernier is a real player looks like he will be a great player for us. Chuffed with the goals we scored too, looks like it's going to be an exciting season!