*** The Official Hibernian Vs Rangers Match Thread ***

Essandoh

yea hibs fans saying that there defence was rotten today etc but the reason it was so bad was the pressure we put them under forcing them into mistakes etc

Our keeper is a bombscare and our defence was woeful in the first half.

Our keeper is a bombscare and our defence was woeful in the first half.

Majority of squad and management put in place only a few weeks ago, you forgot to mention the massive improvement in the second half and overall within a small space of time. Relax and savour a 6-2 away victory ffs.

Majority of squad and management put in place only a few weeks ago, you forgot to mention the massive improvement in the second half and overall within a small space of time. Relax and savour a 6-2 away victory ffs.

I didn,t forget fuck all. This guy is our No1 and he looks well dodgy. I seen the improvement in the second half and was well pleased

but that defending in the first half needs sorting out,or are you too thick to see it.

I didn,t forget fuck all. This guy is our No1 and he looks well dodgy. I seen the improvement in the second half and was well pleased

but that defending in the first half needs sorting out,or are you too thick to see it.

game 90mins long pal just as well eh chill oot ffs these lads have been together 20mins

There was a blog on Newsnow from a Swindon fan who was gutted Wes left them. I had a look but couldn't find it again. Hopefully someone else can. Early doors, but the reports seem good.

As I said on another thread, I'm in the USA for a month on business and holiday and I set the alarm for 6.30am this morning, watched it then fell asleep and awoke thinking it was a dream. I literally could not believe what Warburton and the new and remaining team have achieved this morning.

I've been following Rangers since 1972 as an 8 year old with my late grandfather when my hero's were Derek Johnston and Tommy Mclean and even including the years when Butcher, Gascoigne, Wood etc. were here I can honestly say I have seldom seen such a great performance.

I may have my negative moments in the boardroom but at the moment I am stoked as fuck. Warburton has produced a great team and my hat is firmly off to him.

Long may it continue and lets walk this league

There was a blog on Newsnow from a Swindon fan who was gutted Wes left them. I had a look but couldn't find it again. Hopefully someone else can. Early doors, but the reports seem good.

It certainly wasn't the greatest competitive debut from big Wes and he made a few basic howlers, but I'm 100% confident he will be a better keeper for us than Bell and in the process prove Mr Budwiser wrong :pipe:

It certainly wasn't the greatest competitive debut from big Wes and he made a few basic howlers, but I'm 100% confident he will be a better keeper for us than Bell and in the process prove Mr Budwiser wrong :pipe:

I will be delighted to be proved wrong. BTW I,m not keen on Bell either.

Don't think we need to start personal insults. Just to me, considering the new management team, preparation time and amount of new players in the squad i thought it was a magnificent day. We should follow the example of players and staff, think positive and like a team, fans included.

I do agree the keeper didn't get his feet settled or down quick enough for the first goal, probably needed closing down quicker by the defence and needed to play a little higher in the first 30 mins but certainly nothing that cant be sorted with time. Foderinghams distribution is excellent, something thats needed with our new style, looks like a big unit and has the right attitude as well, give the guy a chance.

Big Wes was very scary, but he was put in a few of those scary situations by bad short pass backs from our defenders.

That must have been obvious to the management team, and I'm sure will be rectified quickly.

What won't be rectified so quickly, if at all, is his predominance as a left sided player, he really has to work on his right foot as he is showing a complete lack of ability in this area, and opposing forwards will punish us badly, as it won't be long before this weakness is sussed out, as during the game our defence were purposely passing the ball to suit his dominant left side.

Even a moderately decent striker will take advantage of this.

Don't think he had a chance with Stanton's goal as it was a good strike.

:uk:

Don't think we need to start personal insults. Just to me, considering the new management team, preparation time and amount of new players in the squad i thought it was a magnificent day. We should follow the example of players and staff, think positive and like a team, fans included.

I do agree the keeper didn't get his feet settled or down quick enough Foderinghams distribution is excellent, something thats needed with our new style, looks like a big unit and has the right attitude as well, give the guy a chance.h for the first goal, probably needed closing down quicker by the defence and needed to play a little higher in the first 30 mins but certainly nothing that cant be sorted with time.

Foderinghams distribution is excellent,

I'm sorry, but it isn't and would seem to be the weakest part of his game