Rfff, Rangers First And Scott Allan

TheLawMan

Just a thought but does the constitution of these organizations allow them to step in and boost our clubs bid by say £250k to increase our offer to £500k and try and seal the deal quickly (tu)

A player sponsorship grant paid back if sold as a profit with zero interest to get round any accountancy issues. (tu)

Great idea mate. Rangers First could have a vote on this easily, and every penny would be going towards improving the team, with it possibly being paid back in the future, when/if the player is sold.

It also has the added bonus of making one of our, closest, rivals weaker in the playing department.

Win for Rangers, is a lose for hibs. :D

Wouldn't pay 500k for Allan just for the simple fact hes said he wants to leave, he wont have much effect this weekend if he even plays that is, then just play the waiting game with Hibs they won't want an unhappy and disinterested player for the season, go in with 300k and theyll crumble is my bet.

Not sure if that is the best use for the RFFF money, but it is time the club were given the money.

It wasn't donated by tens of thousands of bears to just sit in a bank account.

Aye and not earning interest or that is what we are meant to believe.

Probably not the best way to use the RFFF cash, but like Gogzy said, and I agree, it's time it was given to the club. It wasn't donated to sit in a bank account to do nothing.

The current bid of £250,000 will be knocked back, then we'll go in again with between £350,000 and £400,000. Anything is profit for Hibs, as they got him for free and his contract is expiring. They'll take that into consideration and despite what they've said, they'll be considering every bid put in and will be looking to get more if they can. If the bid is right, they will sell him, and there's no doubt of it.

Stubbs and Dempster are trying to save face by saying that they are willing to let him run down his contract and leave for free in the summer. This has been tactical by us and it's great to see we're not just throwing money around. The timing is brilliant too. Scott Allan has also handed in a transfer request so all the odds are in our favour. I don't see us getting him before Saturday but I definitely think we will. Don't be surprised to see him benched for Hibs on Saturday either.

Dave King will be rubbing his hands at this thought, as he said the other day "the fans will need to dig deep " no mention of the "millions" in the kitty. I won't be holding my breath on him, was he born in A******n, short arms &deep pockets etc.

Warburton said the other day that the board have been backing him financially. Cash flow is not an issue here. We will pay what he is worth or wait until next season and get him on a a free.

Paying silly money for players should be a thing of the past.

(tu)

Warburton said the other day that the board have been backing him financially. Cash flow is not an issue here. We will pay what he is worth or wait until next season and get him on a a free.

Paying silly money for players should be a thing of the past.

I agree re the last part. I just think £500k is not silly for the best player in the league last year and bare in mind the club would only be spending what it has already committed to.

I really like the idea of the RF or membership scheme generating enough money to pay a transfer fee once a season in a sponsorship model. It would also be a strong message for the player coming to the club as well. (tu)

I agree re the last part. I just think £500k is not silly for the best player in the league last year and bare in mind the club would only be spending what it has already committed to.

I really like the idea of the RF or membership scheme generating enough money to pay a transfer fee once a season in a sponsorship model. It would also be a strong message for the player coming to the club as well. (tu)

I get the idea, but pretty sad that a club of our stature and heritage, have to start being dependent on handouts, because our leaders neither have the vision, nor the financial acumen or funds to do what is right by us. Such a scheme could be the icing on the cake on top of a substantial transfer fund, but not because we are short of said funds.

Sad times and not the new jerusalem that was promised and this board should be ashamed of themselves, but quite clearly after the king's recent interview, shame is what they do not do!

I wouldn't be unhappy if the RFFF cash was in a manner like this, almost as a sponsorship by the fans. We have to remember though that we'll get him for nothing this time next year, and although that's an obvious delay, it means we're not financially assisting our rivals.

Off topic slightly, but to the usual suspects - just because King isn't throwing money around doesn't mean he's not investing. I mean, what would you prefer? Are you advocating a return to the Murray days? Or even McCoists signing strategy where the boards let him waste the clubs money on over the hill duds? Ok our first £100k offer was rejected, are you suggesting we bump it up to a million right away?

Sofar W&W have identified and signed targets who look good for our league and have their best years ahead of with the sell on value that brings. They've done this without spending a fortune and as far as we can tell have been backed by the board every step of the way. Isn't that what we've been crying out for?

Get a grip ffs.

3rd offer coming in tomorrow (Friday) apparently

Third bid already went in late in Thursday night according to this. The comments and upvotes are absolutely hilarious, you can just taste the bitterness!!!

http://m.heraldscotland.com/sport/13496724.Rangers_set_for_third_Allan_bid_after_Hibs_reject_Ibrox_advances/

why would anyone need to help out our wonderful chairman and his vice chairman

the pair of them are awash with cash and if stuck, for a few bob, the vice chair could email his mates for a wee donation from all their money makings schemes

What if they insisted he wore one of their strips?

He'd stand out a bit!