Roy Of The Provos On Big Kirk

Siam69

What did Broadfoot actually say? Was it sectarian, or did he just insult Greenslade's beloved IRA? I wonder how many of those who read Roy's column for An Phoblacht have said "fuck the Queen", "fuck the UDA" and "orange bastards". I wonder how many of his close personal friends have.

What did Broadfoot actually say? Was it sectarian, or did he just insult Greenslade's beloved IRA? I wonder how many of those who read Roy's column for An Phoblacht have said "fuck the Queen", "fuck the UDA" and "orange bastards". I wonder how many of his close personal friends have.

I posted on the comments section,all references to Greenslades past have been deleted,and there were many not just my post. The censorship shown by the Guardian today was quite shocking even quite moderate viewpoints suggesting sectarianism was carried out by both communities were met with deletion.A horrible paper.

I posted on the comments section,all references to Greenslades past have been deleted,and there were many not just my post. The censorship shown by the Guardian today was quite shocking even quite moderate viewpoints suggesting sectarianism was carried out by both communities were met with deletion.A horrible paper.

I did the same. I posted saying "I'm amused to find that Greenslade is playing the role of press police despite the Guardian committing the exact same crime as the Record, in not mentioning the sectarian nature of the charge against Broadfoot. Perhaps the article would be better off being published in Roy's column in An Phoblacht."

Lasted two minutes. "Comment is free", indeed.

I'm currently engaged in an argument on there with several angry sounding presumed Celtic fans who refuse to believe a story I told about sectarian discrimination my family suffered at my grandmother's Catholic funeral. They genuinely seem to believe there's no such thing as a bigoted Catholic.

I did the same. I posted saying "I'm amused to find that Greenslade is playing the role of press police despite the Guardian committing the exact same crime as the Record, in not mentioning the sectarian nature of the charge against Broadfoot. Perhaps the article would be better off being published in Roy's column in An Phoblacht."

I'm currently engaged in an argument on there with several angry sounding presumed Celtic fans who refuse to believe a story I told about sectarian discrimination my family suffered at my grandmother's Catholic funeral. They genuinely seem to believe there's no such thing as a bigoted Catholic.

I read your post out to my partner 20 minutes ago.......shocking

Depressing that this kind of censorship goes on at a national publication like the Guardian. Not surprising, but depressing. It adds some weight the propaganda onslaught of that obsessive little Rangers hating cartel of bigots.

I read your post out to my partner 20 minutes ago.......shocking

What's funny is that I didn't take any negative feelings away from that experience about Catholics as such, I took away negative feelings about religion in Scotland. I didn't tell the story because I hate Catholics and want to engage in tit for tat. I told it because some shite people are Catholics and some Catholics are shite people, and the idea that "sectarianism" and "anti-irish hatred" are the same thing is laughable. It doesn't matter what treatment Irish people have suffered in Glasgow over the last 200 years, the Catholic undertaker treated us with warmth and kindness because he wasn't a cunt. If he was capable, so was everybody else there that day. They chose another way.

What's funny is that I didn't take any negative feelings away from that experience about Catholics as such, I took away negative feelings about religion in Scotland. I didn't tell the story because I hate Catholics and want to engage in tit for tat. I told it because some shite people are Catholics and some Catholics are shite people, and the idea that "sectarianism" and "anti-irish hatred" are the same thing is laughable. It doesn't matter what treatment Irish people have suffered in Glasgow over the last 200 years, the Catholic undertaker treated us with warmth and kindness because he wasn't a cunt. If he was capable, so was everybody else there that day. They chose another way.

Ooooh, as a man from a mixed family I could tell a fair few stories about that kind of stuff.

Why even waste you breath and time debating .If people have their views ,they are not going to change them .The point scoring is never worth it with that lot ,no matter how strong you feel .

Why even waste you breath and time debating .If people have their views ,they are not going to change them .The point scoring is never worth it with that lot ,no matter how strong you feel .

My original post was not argumentative, I was just taking issue with Greenslade saying "sectarianism (more precisely anti-irish hatred) is a problem in Scotland)", while himself complaining about bias, and I felt it was appropriate to explain how it can cut both ways. It turns out that certain people get angry at the mere suggestion that the big bad prods can ever experience something similar. At this point I'm just letting them out themselves.

I think the moral of your story is don't expect equal treatment in Bishopbriggs

Aye sit on your hands and say fuck all,that has really worked :rolleyes:These cunts demonize us on a daily basis,well fuck that,I hit back,and just remind them what they are.