Though The Straits Be Broad Or Narrow

I thought we were magnificent today, even at 0-1 down I had no fear and I believed we would come good.

This is the Rangers we all demanded and desired in those dark days of 2012. Now we have what most of us wanted.

A footballing ethos that will bring the fans back in their droves. Warburton and Weir have restored the PRIDE back in Rangers Football Club.

We demoralised Hibs today, They could not live with our tempo and desire to win that game. We ground them down with wave after wave of attack.

I am not getting carried away and I know we will have set backs, we will lose goals and we will lose games, but watching Rangers will now be an enjoyable experience once again. No longer will teams come to Ibrox or face Rangers at their own patch with confidence and an expectation of winning.

He now have the makings of a team worthy of wearing that famous blue jersey. Other will come and some will leave but that ethos and standard should always be a constant.

The keeper needs some work but he does have attributes that suit the system that our gaffer wants to play.

The back 4 contain 3 new signings and have an average age of 24/25. They are all confortable in possession and are not afraid of the ball, they all have decent pace too and they can only improve the more they play together.

Tavernier is built like a super middleweight and his power will see his stroll this league and dominate the right hand side of the pitch. This also lessens the load on Wallace and hopefully he can regain his form.

Our midfield has youth, hunger, pace, energy, legs, and goals written all over it. I have always been an advocate of pressure football because it works at all levels of football. Opponents cannot pick passes if they cannot get their heads up to see them. Bayern, Liverpool and Forest did it in the 70s, the Italian teams did it in the 80s and 90s and Barca and Real do it today. it works.

Waghorn did well today and he will only improve with games, confidence and match sharpness, but we need a back up in that area.

We have stood by our club during the dark times and we did Follow Follow, those dark times make the good times all the sweeter.

No Surrender !

Its the revolution it shouldve been. We can all argue who was at fault but its now all about the board and MW getting this club to where it should be.

We were excellent in spells but also pretty rusty. When we hit top gear, teams will be in trouble.

Good post CA

Its the revolution it shouldve been. We can all argue who was at fault but its now all about the board and MW getting this club to where it should be.

We were excellent in spells but also pretty rusty. When we hit top gear, teams will be in trouble.

Good post CA

We will make mistakes mate, we will lose goals because of those mistakes. but if you don't know your weaknesses then you can't address them.

The team that started today included 2 regulars from last season. Law and Wallace. I thought both were poor last season but I believe they might shine in this team. Although Scott Allan might replace Law.

We scored 6 goals today against possibly our closest challengers and our wide players did not really play well, although McKay got better as the game progressed.

I enjoyed that game immensely today and I cannot remember the last time I felt like that.

We will make mistakes mate, we will lose goals because of those mistakes. but if you don't know your weaknesses then you can't address them.

The team that started today included 2 regulars from last season. Law and Wallace. I thought both were poor last season but I believe they might shine in this team. Although Scott Allan might replace Law.

We scored 6 goals today against possibly our closest challengers and our wide players did not really play well, although McKay got better as the game progressed.

I enjoyed that game immensely today and I cannot remember the last time I felt like that.

Agree about Wallace and Law, i thought both played really well today. Warburton said himself that if we stop learning we will be in trouble. I said in another thread, i wish the peterhead game was midweek as i just want the games to come round quicker.

Today was just so refreshing even at 1-0 i still thought we would come back, albeit not quite in that style

Agree about Wallace and Law, i thought both played really well today. Warburton said himself that if we stop learning we will be in trouble. I said in another thread, i wish the peterhead game was midweek as i just want the games to come round quicker.

Today was just so refreshing even at 1-0 i still thought we would come back, albeit not quite in that style

I was never in any doubt either. we look like a team who have goals everywhere.

remember when people considered 1 striker as a defensive set up?

Good to see Barry McKay back in the team too, if we get the two wide players firing on all cylinders then we will destroy teams.

Today was great but this was just the first competitive game with Warburton/Weir in charge. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Why not ?

We all know we will have set backs, defeats and we will lose goals.

But its good to have some positivity about the club on the footballing side.

I am not, for one moment suggesting that we are world beaters or we have achieved anything of note, The trophies, medals and awards are handed out at the end of the season.

But, In my opinion, We are on the right path and success and attractive football on the pitch might just be what unites our fanbase.

I was never in any doubt either. we look like a team who have goals everywhere.

remember when people considered 1 striker as a defensive set up?

Good to see Barry McKay back in the team too, if we get the two wide players firing on all cylinders then we will destroy teams.

haha 1 up top is considered defensive and 3 is offensive yet both of them are basically the same. the 2 wide in the front 3 drop back and its a 4-5-1 then push up and its 4-3-3. albeit i think we are more of a 4-3-2-1 just now although the 2 arent central as they play on the wings

haha 1 up top is considered defensive and 3 is offensive yet both of them are basically the same. the 2 wide in the front 3 drop back and its a 4-5-1 then push up and its 4-3-3. albeit i think we are more of a 4-3-2-1 just now although the 2 arent central as they play on the wings

That is about it.

4-3-2-1 sums up the formation.

The key to this is that the 3 have energy and legs and are box to box. We could never have set up like that with Hutton, Black and Law.

That set up should see us fine in this league.

That is about it.

4-3-2-1 sums up the formation.

The key to this is that the 3 have energy and legs and are box to box. We could never have set up like that with Hutton, Black and Law.

That set up should see us fine in this league.

Its pretty refreshing to see us play at pace