eskbankloyal

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another brilliant piece by Chris

As the new season looms, and with it the hope of improved fortune on and off the pitch, a new attitude towards regular proponents of misinformation in the media has been adopted.

Press credentials were sent out this week and although the publications and broadcasters that use Graham Spiers will receive their usual allocations, they have been informed that the press passes they have been given cannot be used for the now freelance Spiers. They are free to send someone to cover games at Ibrox but Spiers will not be admitted.
Chris McLaughlin will also not be admitted using BBC credentials following a number of questionable reports over the past few years including some that were outright propaganda for the previous regime.
Spiers has long been a champion for the flat earth, Sevco brigade in Scottish football – those determined to spread the myth that Rangers are a new club. He has been caught out many times, over a period of several years, telling outright lies about Rangers both in print and in broadcasts and the new board has now lost patience. Despite his denials, with Spiers' career in sharp decline, he has recently reverted to filing match reports for a fee. He will no longer be doing so for games at Ibrox.
Both he and McLaughlin will also lose access to any pre and post-match press conferences. The BBC Scotland response has been sadly predictable. Instead of acknowledging the culture of bias which pervades their news and sport departments, they have decided to 'boycott' Rangers. To be clear, BBC Scotland, a publicly funded body with hundreds of staff, is refusing to service hundreds of thousands of Rangers fans because one of their staff members is not welcome at the club. That is the level of arrogance in Pacific Quay and the level of contempt they hold for Rangers.
McLaughlin has a long history of churning out Mediahouse propaganda on behalf of the previous regime. Who can forget his bus interview with the Easdales and his wild claims of inflated share holdings? Despite this he has been given opportunities and cordial advice to attempt to balance his reporting on the club. That advice has not been taken. McLaughlin's latest stunt was to engineer a negative report after the 2-6 Hibs game. The BBC Scotland headlines were all about a handful of arrests amongst a 4,000 strong Rangers crowd despite an eight-goal thriller.
McLaughlin persuaded the match delegate, former Celtic employee George Douglas, to breach SPFL guidelines and give him his negative story. So what should have been positive news for Rangers fans is quickly turned into a negative through the bitterness and lack of balance of a single BBC employee. This is what the club faces and what senior BBC Scotland producers choose to encourage amongst their staff.
The club has been strong and fair on this. We have not acted like the second team in Scotland and banned journalists for one-off questions or stories we did not like. This is a reaction to years of unacceptable, malicious reporting from the individuals involved. All media organisations remain welcome at Ibrox - including the BBC. What will not now be tolerated are individuals who deliberately lie in print or ignore documented fact to try to lower the standing of the club or damage the Rangers brand. Senior club officials met with senior BBC Scotland figures shortly after the EGM to put across their concerns and attempt to find a solution.
Rangers tried everything they could to avoid this ban but BBC Scotland refuse at all levels to address their problem. Instead of petulance and failing in their duty to a huge section of their audience, BBC Scotland would be better examining the inaccuracies, PR misinformation and outright lies that have been churned out by several of their employees and ask why such people seem to flourish in their organisation.
The club is taking a much more proactive approach with the media as a whole. Many positive stories are being generated and bridges built. Meanwhile questions are being asked of anomalies in reporting like the recent use of photos of Ibrox in a Guardian piece about policing in Scotland. The editor was contacted and the club’s displeasure about Rangers being shoe horned into a negative story which had no relevance to us was made known.
Rangers are also aware of discontent amongst online fans at the spread of falsehoods on the internet. The main culprits being Phil MacGiollabhain and Bill McMurdo Jnr with his ironically named ‘Rangers Supporters Loyal’. Both The Rangers Standard (TRS) and the Copland Road Organization (CRO) have had a great deal of fun over the years debunking the myths of MacGiollabhain and more recently McMurdo. We will continue to do so and there can now be no doubt that they are being fed their misinformation from the PR representatives of the old regime at Rangers.
These PR representatives also continue to contact the mainstream media with their tall tales, despite being given short shrift by credible journalists. However, with their stories being so demonstrably wrong - such as MacGiollabhain’s recent claim that we had sold only 8,000 season tickets and his fantasy accounts of dealings with Sports Direct - the prevailing view within the club is that normal operations over the coming weeks and months will serve to further discredit these individuals to the point that even their most ardent fans desert them.
Put simply, as the rebuild continues on and off the park their lies will become more and more transparent. So as we continue to see improvement and additions on the pitch, there are also some signs of our club slowly dealing with legacy issues off it. Long may it continue.

All good news. Still, it begs the question - why do we still apparently have a tolerant attitude to the Scottish tabloid that has a financial relationship with Celtic FC and which peddles nonsense about Rangers on a regular basis? Before anyone posts the answer - I know why, but there's no logic to this at all.

No it's not enough to say "its the old regime " That says to me ,he is doing this out of self interest or for benefit of King and Murray .

Fuck that .What about the hundreds of enemies out there that are clearly just apologetic beggar lovers ??? that hate us to the core ,that will lie to the end of time to damage our name without reproach .

What about this element ? Are we to ignore them

Get them to fuck ,get them told in no uncertain terms that all lies will be dealt with in this way .

It's a start but it had better be kept going .No running for cover

All good news. Still, it begs the question - why do we still apparently have a tolerant attitude to the Scottish tabloid that has a financial relationship with Celtic FC and which peddles nonsense about Rangers on a regular basis? Before anyone posts the answer - I know why, but there's no logic to this at all.

Because large numbers of Bears still buy it I presume

I find it a bit confusing that the board would praise the DR then ban the BBC when theyre both as bad as each other

The DR backed King and co against the old regime. However, that should not outweigh the fact that the paper is in bed financially with Celtic and continues to spout anti-Rangers rubbish.

Excellent news that Britney especially has been banned, but has McLaughlin been banned because he lied, just hates us or supported the old board? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to see the back of him but it should not be due to his support of the old board. There is always room for frank discussion, differences of opinion and opposing views as long as no lies are told with the intention of damaging our club.

Just have to wait and see what happens the next time the DR prints its next biased, negative or just untrue story about us.

Whilst all this barring of enemies of the club is welcome and not just for people's agendas but for the good of the club and its fans and more to follow hopefully including the likes of the rhebel, cattolica and those who worked for and with them to put the club in harms way I can't help thinking if only somebody had the guts all those years ago to enforce the likes of this we wouldn't be in the position we are in today ! I suppose better late than never will have to do !

7 years ago Vanguardbears had 2 protests against the BBC and other one 6 years ago. We were also publishing articles about their blatant bias towards Rangers.

Other organisations were asked to join and support the protests, they refused.

Roll on 7 years and they have finally realised that we should take on our enemies.

The dignified silence does not and will never work against their obsessed haters. They detest our very existence and they will not rest until they see our total demise.

The more we run the faster they will chase.

The more we give, the more they will want.

Maybe its time for the board of Rangers Football Club to take legal proceedings against these haters.

It will only take one successful case and the others will think twice.

Excellent news that Britney especially has been banned, but has McLaughlin been banned because he lied, just hates us or supported the old board? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to see the back of him but it should not be due to his support of the old board. There is always room for frank discussion, differences of opinion and opposing views as long as no lies are told with the intention of damaging our club.

Just have to wait and see what happens the next time the DR prints its next biased, negative or just untrue story about us.

I think he has been banned for his negative stories about the club.

Cliff has just thrown in the other part and his snide dig at McMurdo because he is a petulant little child who just can't free himself from that divisive mindset.

I find it a bit confusing that the board would praise the DR then ban the BBC when theyre both as bad as each other

Becaue one spoke out against them, and another made them look like shining knights.

That being said, I am glad that cnut golum is no longer allowed at Ibrox, same with spiers. The DR should definitely be banned alongside them.

Can't ban the courageous daily record though :P

Cliff has just thrown in the other part and his snide dig at McMurdo because he is a petulant little child who just can't free himself from that divisive mindset.

I think the mediahouse propaganda (which Bill was also a part of propagating) is an obvious factor in CM's removal of journalistic privileges.

GM

I agree with the general sentiment of the article (despite who the author is) but I'm not sure why he feels the need to have a go at McMurdo?

He should have stuck to dealing with the subject matter which was in relation to the banning of McLaughlin and Spiers. There was no need to drag a fellow Rangers supporter into something where he doesn't warrant a mention (unless of course he's also banned, maybe WE just don't know about it yet).

Stopped at propaganda for the old regime, what a load of shit.

This speccy wee bastard and his organisation have been putting the boot into the club and us fans for years, as for folk thinking this is King/mini I seriously doubt it's got anything to do with them more likely our managing director showing he really is a bluenose and not just a blazer.

I think the mediahouse propaganda (which Bill was also a part of propagating) is an obvious factor in CM's removal of journalistic privileges.

GM

Really Greg, you really think that.

What media house propaganda do you think he propagated and what evidence do you have to support such a claim?

Gollum has been a main player in the attacks against Rangers and our fans, every negative story he is all over it like a Priest over an Alter Boy.

Do you really think Rangers would ban Gollum for an interview with Sandy Easdale?

Will they be banning Dave King next for an interview with Mad Phil de Gobblegiver?

Agreed. (tu)

:uk:

I agree with the general sentiment of the article (despite who the author is) but I'm not sure why he feels the need to have a go at McMurdo?

He should have stuck to dealing with the subject matter which was in relation to the banning of McLaughlin and Spiers. There was no need to drag a fellow Rangers supporter into something where he doesn't warrant a mention (unless of course he's also banned, maybe WE just don't know about it yet).

Agreed. (tu)

:uk:

A good piece and we need more like it. Keep it up Chris. Now we're talking common ground and unity!! We might even be able to close the B&F and I can get my sanity back!

Just a pity he got involved in other shite. He could have been quite useful in the front line.

A very large bulldozer and just dump the whole taig infested building right into the Clyde should just about do it.

Oh, nearly forgot, large pieces of space debris falling on the scum dome and hampdump, will finish the job!

It's not that I am in anyway bitter, but I do like a bit of satisfaction and retribution on all these hate filled, in bred, scum ridden, terrorist loving bastards.

Really Greg, you really think that.

What media house propaganda do you think he propagated and what evidence do you have to support such a claim?

Gollum has been a main player in the attacks against Rangers and our fans, every negative story he is all over it like a Priest over an Alter Boy.

Do you really think Rangers would ban Gollum for an interview with Sandy Easdale?

Will they be banning Dave King next for an interview with Mad Phil de Gobblegiver?

Yeah, I do.

I think its self evident - for instance off the top of my head the BP £50m at the press of a button. Others can go into more detail - I understand you believe that Bill isn't someone who would do that but I do disagree with your opinion there.

If you read the article CM was warned about future content based on his previous conduct (including MH stuff) and the lie/spin last week has been to tipping point.

GM