Sos On Sportsound 03/08

jcb

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why he said he doesn't believe there is any institutional bias by the BBC, and that it's just individual journalists with axes to grind. Surely it isn't the journalists that decide to treat Rangers differently from Dundee or don't have a report the young lad being bottled or put huge prominence on negative stories about Rangers in comparison with how they deal with those of other club or fill the ranks of the radio programmes with people that clearly hate Rangers. There clearly IS something going on in the sports reporting dept above the journalists. Chris McLaughlin's just a symptom.

Inigo mate .Yeah they have a few token neutrals like Richard Wilson and even tonight Stuart McCall has joined the debate .

The Bbc are very clever .Putting these guys on tonight gives the impression 2 " we are not biased ,hey look who we have on to discuss this "

Tell you ,Our club will end up giving these cunts the olive branch .

Inigo mate .Yeah they have a few token neutrals like Richard Wilson and even tonight Stuart McCall has joined the debate .

The Bbc are very clever .Putting these guys on tonight gives the impression 2 " we are not biased ,hey look who we have on to discuss this "

why the bbc have banned themselves

Sorry disagree ..Craig even being set up so he can justify this . It's very weak and sad for me .

Craig says the BBC aren't biased against Rangers???? Get that to fuck

It would be naive to call the BBC bias against us on national radio, even if you believe they are........and IMO they are. But a cheeky libel suit could easily follow and then you have to say you were wrong and maybe pay damages, or go through all the hassle of gathering evidence and trying to convince a court that your statement is 'fair comment' or to the veracity of it.

Get that tae fuck. :)

They read out my text as,

"By not answering Rangers fans questions, shows the bias in the bbc."

WHAT I ACTUALLY SENT.

"By not answering Rangers fans questions, shows the bias in the bbc. Why did the journalist not report on the match?"

Selective journalism ignored the question I was actually asking. They are either thick and shouldn't be in the job or have proven the bias just by selective reporting again. They want us to build bridges?

Spfl(spl), sfa, bbc. Corrupt to the core.

Yeah eejay. I like to think I'm not generally a particularly paranoid type of guy, but there has, for several years now, been a difference in how the BBC treats Rangers and how it treats everyone else. They give greater emphasis to negative Rangers stuff. They fill their programmes on the radio with guys that clearly have no time for the club, and listening to it there was always a single message and nobody ever took any issue with the message they liked to get across. It was a closed talking shop. People like English and Spiers and Spence and Cosgrove and Gordon with nobody to give much of an alternative slant.

I'd say it's been slightly better of late with Wilson and a few others showing up, but the damage has been done and it's still not balanced. The BBC has nobody but themselves to blame for the way things have gone. The fucking website isn't any better though. I mean, ffs, just think of the way a mass Mothewell pitch invasion including many wee Motherwell neds goading Bears, who behaved impeccably, was reported. It got less prominence than 3 (yes, 3!!!) Rangers fans being arrested for alleged sectarian singing. Singing, not acting in a manner than could lead to violence. And that's just one instance. The whole bottling thing at the OF game was another. I'm sure we can all think of our own examples. The DR has been bad for it for a few years too.

And another matter, this pish that English was giving about 'Spence and McLaughlin was different and you'll just have to accept that becasue we won't tell you why'. Naw. GTF. We're licence payers as well, so you will fucking tell us why they're different.

Well done to CH there! Handled that fuckwit English very well.

He was trying to justify reporters saying what ever they like. Well no more. Rangers fans will not tolerate your biased reporters anymore.

I'm looking forward to the "Irish" English publishing his next piece.

Inigo mate .You a clever well balanced guy .I know this from all the chats we have had before .I agree with all you say in your last post

I can not say I'm so measured .There is plenty of hate in me for them and yeah I put myself up there for accusations of paranoia on many occasions .

I seriously believe debating has merit but I would prefer anyone that has our club at heart ,going on the attack in any of these issues. As you say ,there is plenty of evidence and ammunition

Well done to CH there! Handled that fuckwit English very well.

He was trying to justify reporters saying what ever they like. Well no more. Rangers fans will not tolerate your biased reporters anymore.

I'm looking forward to the "Irish" English publishing his next piece.

Indeed, saying Dundee was different, but when repeatedly pressed by Craig to explain how it was different, he couldn't!

English says 'I Know you don't believe Dundee was different, Craig'.

To which Craig said, 'well explain to me how it is different then'.

English - 'Aye but, aye but, It's cos i've been told it just is' :blink:

So Tom English is saying Dundee were not boycotted because that was somehow different, yet that stupid muppet Jane Lewis on twitter told Chris Graham they were boycotted but could/would not prove it. typical bbc reporter lying again