A Word For Big Kiernan

The boy looked like a big raw stopper in the games he's played so far and we've been concentrating on the excellent forward play.

Last night he showed another side to his game. He hit some beautifully weighted long range passes...most of which found the man. Might not have been too apparent on TV but at the gane it was very noticable. He's no Beckenbaur (yet :cool: ) but another quality signing.

There always seems to be quite a distance between him & Wilson. Optimistically hoping they tighten up a bit in case they get tested soon.

That gap is meant to be there, it's preached in playing expansive football, full backs press, centre halfs seperate n creates space, angles and options.

I'd suggest it's the communication that needs to be worked on further for system to work.

Don't rate that keeper at all, he looks a total bombscare when the ball is played back to him.

Aye no sure about him, to many wee stupid kicks out to opposing players at times and getting caught out, kiernan and wilson caught cold at the goal. Maybe more work needed there !

Say what you want about the keeper... But he's superb at crosses. Catches almost every cross and quickly distributes it.

I agree his kicking is a bit suspect but some of the back passes to him were over hit and to his wrong foot.

I have confidence he'll improve along with the defence.

Say what you want about the keeper... But he's superb at crosses. Catches almost every cross and quickly distributes it.

I agree his kicking is a bit suspect but some of the back passes to him were over hit and to his wrong foot.

I have confidence he'll improve along with the defence.

It's a change seeing a keeper coming out and catching crosses and it's something that will serve us well in this league.

With regards to the kicking, he's obviously under instructions to play it short all the time but opposition teams have already picked up on this and started closing down defenders as soon as the keeper has the ball at his feet. He needs to mix it up and get it up the park now and again ,especially if the opposition are pressing high up the park and leaving gaps further back. I know this goes against the style of football Warburton wants (and the us fans as well to be honest) but sometimes it's a case of safety first and being a bit pragmatic about it.