The Lion Brand.

simon

Does anyone know much has been raised by the shirt sales in total?

I appreciate it is an alternative to buying official merchandise and starving Ashley money, but sonething just doesn't sit right with me about it.

I'm in no way saying don't buy it, if you want a shirt get one. I think it's just because it's not a real Rangers shirt. I'll never get my head round that part. It's just a shame Mike Ashley is a greedy cunt I suppose.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How do we know The Lion Brand is profiting our club.

Money from the Lion brand tops go to Rangers Lotto or the development fund. Not 100% sure which one.

How much exactly I do not know but this was from John Gilligan directly last week.

If we bought it in numbers it does profit the club as it always done.

We must have sold lots of merchandise in 2013 and according to this artcle we only made £2000 that is horrible http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/11267030/Rangers-made-only-2000-from-merchandising-deal-with-Mike-Ashleys-Sports-Direct-according-to-Union-of-Fans.html

The lion tops make me cringe. I don't see anything anywhere that shows where the money goes or how it helps the club.

If someone can post a link to this info i might change my mind.

Now rangers first does. It's clear and you can read the numbers and exactly what they are doing. Money should go there if you don't want an official top.

Might as well go to the cellik shop in town for a top instead of buying one of these.

This is not an alternative to the official top, no such thing, an alternative is to not buy any top.

the folk selling these are ripping off the Club AND the fans.

Over estimated when it came to ordering stock. When Mather was here there was £2.7m from merchandise IIRC into the club. If we bought in numbers he club makes money, I don't need UoF or SoS geniuses to tell me how bad it is.

I take it the Lionbrand crap is made in the UK then and not a sweatshop?

Stop asking probing questions, it's not allowed.

What was it the police used to say about buying fake CD's and DVD's?, oh yes, don't buy these as it could be funding illegal activites.

Without a balance sheet, no one knows.

A bit of clarity on where the money is going would be good, it seems to have changed direction a couple of times.

Initially it was going to the purchase of shares via the RST, but I'm fairly sure Eskbank said on here the RST weren't getting that money any more and it was going into the club via Season Books and Rangers Lotto.

I'm also fairly sure though I've seen recently though Twitter that the money is now going back in via shares.

I'm sure it's all going the right way, and I'd much rather Ashley got hee-haw and money went to the club in another form, but a bit of clarity would be good (tu)

Bastards eh. The footballs are maybe made from pink whale skin too, lets save them too.

So your OK with MA profiteering from abusing zero hours contracts? and exploiting the stupidity of whoever agreed to the retail contract, which at the end of the day exploits our loyalty.

I don't really care who profits from my purchase of this years top, i chose not to give it to MA and went with the Fernando top, which is being sold by the RST who state all profits are split between fernando and the MND Scotland.

The lion tops make me cringe. I don't see anything anywhere that shows where the money goes or how it helps the club.

They state that the proceeds from sales go straight to the club. From what i speculate that means they are buying shares with it, but i don't know for sure.