Andy Goram

DavieMacRFC

Guy was my hero growing up. Laudrup was a close second. His penalty save against Van Hooijdonk was up there with the most I've ever celebrated a Rangers moment. Met him a few years ago at a charity match at Port Glasgow. Guy got a few pics with me and the mrs wee boy. Superb. Some rabid tim took a swipe at him that night after the game. Was quickly huckled and jailed.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Gandalf the Blue said:

Guy was my hero growing up. Laudrup was a close second. His penalty save against Van Hooijdonk was up there with the most I've ever celebrated a Rangers moment. Met him a few years ago at a charity match at Port Glasgow. Guy got a few pics with me and the mrs wee boy. Superb. Some rabid tim took a swipe at him that night after the game. Was quickly huckled and jailed.

Being local, i heard about that.

Never got much national media attention as far as i know?

Can you imagine if it was one of our fans who attacked a celtic legend?

I can easily forgive the Goalie for his personality flaws for the simple reason he time and time again plunged a burning dagger into the hearts of those papish bastards across the city. What's more he made no attempt whatsoever to disguise the fact he enjoyed doing it. Remember "smell the glove" ? I personally remember getting huge mileage out of that one with any mouthy taig.  Andy Goram legend ? fuck aye.

Met him last year at a do in a Coatbridge bowling club, and he was an absolute gentleman, played bowls with My Granda that day and couldn't have been any nicer. Photos & autographs etc and had time for everyone, had a swally aswell and not one bit of hassle. Take your tarrier bastard posts to fuck. God bless the Goalie ??

A real Rangers man. 

Can mind him coming to Ibrox with Motherwell and we gave him a heroes welcome which he loved then Mols tore him a new arsehole :lol:

Doubt we or Scotland will ever be blessed with a keeper of his ability ever again. He was ridiculous and he hated those bastards with a passion.

What's not to love.

1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

Being local, i heard about that.

Never got much national media attention as far as i know?

Can you imagine if it was one of our fans who attacked a celtic legend?

It was after the game as they walked off. The guy was a steaming mess, ran on to the centre circle and threw a fresh air punch. Fair play to the security who grabbed him and threw him out. I was a good bit away but could here everyone, tims included calling the guy a prick, saying theres kids here, stuff like that. The guy was fired into a cop car and took away. Goram was unfazed by it all, happy to stay for photos afterwards.

25 minutes ago, Gandalf the Blue said:

It was after the game as they walked off. The guy was a steaming mess, ran on to the centre circle and threw a fresh air punch. Fair play to the security who grabbed him and threw him out. I was a good bit away but could here everyone, tims included calling the guy a prick, saying theres kids here, stuff like that. The guy was fired into a cop car and took away. Goram was unfazed by it all, happy to stay for photos afterwards.

Aye my mate from work was down at it.

He said the guy was a clown, if one of us had done it then it would be front page headlines "Rangers fan in sectarian attack at charity event in front of kids"

I've met him twice about a year apart and he couldn't have been better company. First time ended as a bit of a piss up . Second time met him at his wife's pub and he remembered that first meeting. Always been great with me even when on the drink. Best keeper we've ever had and a true blue. Shame he's let some others down but speak as you find.

Rangers legend, ive seen autographs by him that say things like "Rangers 3 tims 0 FTP" etc :lol: ive heard the guys a total prick but still the best Rangers keeper ever

It saddens me deeply that when i watch old videos like this i start thinking of how those old teams were so much different, so much better. Each player knew the team had his back and it put the mentality through the roof. Different days now it really is.

Good post OP! 

8 minutes ago, Billythebear77 said:

Met him years ago in Linlithgow, he was trying it on wi my Mrs, was ready to have a fight wi him until I saw it was the goalie??he bought me a pint and had a blether, he hates the Tims so he's alright wi me 

Maybe a bit of cuckold was oan the cards? 

1 minute ago, Billythebear77 said:

The Mrs wasn't up for it!!....I tried to tell her he was one off my 9-in-a-row heros!!.....but she said no!!

Ah well that was lucky because he widda pumped yer burd with his gloves on and made you watch every minute then he would have force fed you a creampie whilst whistlin the sash