**** The Official Rangers V Hibernian Thread ****

G.E.C.

I think today highlights a few things.

1) we need eustace to sign. Having someone that plays the defensive midfielder role naturally would have helped today no ends, also feel that this role needs to cover for fullbacks when they go forward i.e. Follow the play and know what side to drift in to in order to cover.

2) we need a goal scorer. I still think waghorn is capable but he likes to drop deep or go wide and his close control, hold up play and awareness are great but it seems he just doesn't have that clinical edge. Will it come? I don't know but I know that Clark just can't cut it and isn't the answer.

1) we need eustace to sign. Having someone that plays the defensive midfielder role naturally would have helped today no ends, also feel that this role needs to cover for fullbacks when they go forward i.e. Follow the play and know what side to drift in to in order to cover.

2) we need a goal scorer. I still think waghorn is capable but he likes to drop deep or go wide and his close control, hold up play and awareness are great but it seems he just doesn't have that clinical edge. Will it come? I don't know but I know that Clark just can't cut it and isn't the answer.

Said at the start Eustace was the man for games like this, tight games vs Hibs, away games at Queen of the Souths etc, games were teams can be dangerous in counter.

Was just going to post something similar.

We do look a bit of a bomb scare at the back when the full backs push up so high.

We don't want them to stop doing that so we do need cover.

A decent striker is surely a must. I can't believe W&W are not sniffing around one somewhere.

They must see Clark is struggling and Kenny is knocking on.

Waghorn does seem to like to come deep too. He needs a couple of goals to get him up and running.

I agree that we need could do with a more natural finisher up front and we desperately need a Eustace sitting in midfield.

Too slack today. Some wayward passing, some juggling from poor first touches, sometimes taking too much time on the ball, too slow in general, not so much of the zippy passing we've had, losing the ball in silly places, some bad decisions. Everyone seemed a little out of sorts.

However, we won playing far from our best and are already 6 points above our main rivals. A wee dip today, but it's still 6 out of 6. :pipe:

Was just going to post something similar.

We do look a bit of a bomb scare at the back when the full backs push up so high.

We don't want them to stop doing that so we do need cover.

A decent striker is surely a must. I can't believe W&W are not sniffing around one somewhere.

They must see Clark is struggling and Kenny is knocking on.

Waghorn does seem to like to come deep too. He needs a couple of goals to get him up and running.

There's little doubt waghorn will score goals and obviously the manager likes the fact he offers more to the team however if you think about the front 3 we have 3 strikers and we have about 4 wide players, that gives us the flexibility to chop and change, but there is no one who is a real poacher. Clark SHOULD be but he isn't. It looks like Hardie isn't going to get much game time.

I just get the feeling W&W see goals being shared evenly throughout the team as was the case for burnley, though their main striker scored the most anyway. Therefore I don't think we are looking for a striker, it's a tough position to fill anyway.

I agree that we need could do with a more natural finisher up front and we desperately need a Eustace sitting in midfield.

Too slack today. Some wayward passing, some juggling from poor first touches, sometimes taking too much time on the ball, too slow in general, not so much of the zippy passing we've had, losing the ball in silly places. Everyone seemed a little out of sorts.

However, we won playing far from our best and are already 6 points above our main rivals. A wee dip today, but it's still 6 out of 6. :pipe:

9.....:wink:

Seemed to be a massive gap between defence and midfield today. Noone coming back to pick up the ball and dictate play like recent games. Too many times the defence was looking for an easy ball with noone offering. Thought Law and Oduwa showed real composure and retained possession well while others were sloppy. I'd much prefer Walsh and Oduwa to be our starting wide men. McKay loses the ball far too easy for me and has a habit of slowing things down when we are attacking at pace.

Nice to get a win while performing below expected standards and we are only going to get better with more matches under our belt.

Too slack today. Some wayward passing, some juggling from poor first touches, sometimes taking too much time on the ball, too slow in general, not so much of the zippy passing we've had, losing the ball in silly places. Everyone seemed a little out of sorts.

Think we were out of sorts but I think that's got a lot with how hibs played the game. They were trying to frustrate us and slow the tempo right down and it worked. They dragged us down to their level.

Although we can't expect to be at our brilliant best week in, week out unfortunately so we'll need to grind out results. And as you said, it's good to win even when you're not playing your best. 6 points clear and the future's bright.

Think we were out of sorts but I think that's got a lot with how hibs played the game. They were trying to frustrate us and slow the tempo right down and it worked. They dragged us down to their level.

Although we can't expect to be at our brilliant best week in, week out unfortunately so we'll need to grind out results. And as you said, it's good to win even when you're not playing your best. 6 points clear and the future's bright.

It's ironic that they played today how we did at their dump in the play-off semi 2nd leg, just sat in deep, rode their luck and tried to score on the counter. Watching highlights of the game show it could easily have been 6-5 to us.

We are showing fighting spirit and togetherness (apart from kiernan and shiels little dispute) which is what we need for winning the title. It's easy to win when you're playing well and scoring goals. It's tougher when teams sit in and for the large part are well organised.

Dissapointing part for me is that within 20 minutes of the game starting it was obvious what was happening and none of our players really went all out to take the game by the scruff of the neck and bring it back up to our speed.

That's where someone like eustace in the middle will boss the game. We saw it countless of times with Ferguson and I think we are missing a player that can do this just now.