**** The Official Rangers V Hibernian Thread ****

G.E.C.

You're mad if you would drop Holt for Walsh.

Holt's our best player (maybe fullbacks aside) this season. So effective, can't believe some don't notice his contribution to our footballing style. Boy is crucial to our possession football, always makes space and threads passes through defenders you'd never even know were on.

Holt's our best player (maybe fullbacks aside) this season. So effective, can't believe some don't notice his contribution to our footballing style. Boy is crucial to our possession football, always makes space and threads passes through defenders you'd never even know were on.

Exactly. He suits our style of play perfectly and he makes a lot of assists.

Hopefully Jig doesn't start at the back :anguish:

:lol:

sends shivers down my spine that! thank fuck we've got a mobile back line this season! can you imagine the space opposition teams would have between the midfield and mcculloch at cb this season! it was bad enough when we were sitting deep

Hibs will sit deep and try to hit us on the break. A 1-0 win will do for me. If they come to play an open game they could take a right tonking. Wouldn't be looking forward to this if I was a Hibs fan. Particularly as Stubbs is already making excuses and making a bit of an arse of himself.

I think this will be our hardest game so far. Hibs were caught by surprise to an extent in the first one. I still think we will win, but we have to be better than we were in the first half of that match. If we play the way we played in the second half we should be laughing.

Don't know if there will be many goals in this one.

Think they'll try to sit in more and hit us on the counter rather than play expansively like the last game. A bit more like St Mirren did which was pretty effective.

An early goal for us could really unsettle them and blow their plans to shreds.

Would just love to see us take more of the chances we'll undoubtedly make.

Our hardest test yet IMO.

Think it'll be a decent game to watch from a football perspective though.

Hopefully Hibs go narrow and we can allow Tav/Wallace to get forward and influence play, but I expect Stubbs may change it and go 3-5-2, in the hope they stop our full backs, however, that leaves us 3 on 3 at the back and the way Waghorn/Miller/Mckay/Oduwa drift left, right and centrally, would cause a lot of hassle to their back line.

Really think we have enough to do them, but, on their day, I think they're a decent outfit capable of controlling the game from midfield, reasonably toothless up top and soft at the back in one or two areas, but they've got a decent few players.

If our midfield is able to press, win challenges and set the marker early, the squad will be able to go and play and do things our way.

Exciting game (tu)

Don't know if there will be many goals in this one.

Think they'll try to sit in more and hit us on the counter rather than play expansively like the last game. A bit more like St Mirren did which was pretty effective.

An early goal for us could really unsettle them and blow their plans to shreds.

Would just love to see us take more of the chances we'll undoubtedly make.

That's how i see it. A totally different game to the 6-2. In all honesty that was a freak result where every chance we had went in. I think Hibs will line up differently and not be as open as they were then. We have still to really be tested but i think we will come out on top by the odd goal or two. 2-1 or 3-1 Gers.

First and foremost we have got to win so I'd take a 1-0, 2-1 no problem but I just can't stop myself wanting us to ambarrass them badly!

As for the team the only real quandary for me is whether to start Miller, Walsh or Oduwa. Although at Miller's age it would suit better to use him as a sub later in the match and it has worked well for us thus far, he really has shown enough to warrant a start!

For me......

210815111112.png