Short Corners

Mor3los_1

Anyone else feel we are completely wasting good chances to put the ball into the box with these shitey short corners we insist on doing. We had so many corners today that we played short and did nothing with, kept on shouting at the tv to do something productive with them :lol:

Most of our players are like 5'8 or 9. No sense in launching it in everytime. I like that we mix it up, keeps them guessing.

I agree. McKay put in a few good corners, most notably Waghorn's free header (drilled type corner) and Miller's fresh air kick (low corner). We also worked it a few times to get crosses from better angles, retain possession, expose their full backs and set up shots from outside the box. Of course we messed a few up. they didn't all work and we got caught out a few times.

It's clearly a work in progress but it certainly beats aimlessly throwing it into the box like previous seasons or even worse, not beating the first man!

Most of our players are like 5'8 or 9. No sense in launching it in everytime. I like that we mix it up, keeps them guessing.

Exactly this!

Guy i was watchin match with kept mouthin that we should be swinging the ball in but what's the point if it's goin to give hivs possession more often than not.

Anyone else feel we are completely wasting good chances to put the ball into the box with these shitey short corners we insist on doing. We had so many corners today that we played short and did nothing with, kept on shouting at the tv to do something productive with them :lol:

No...it pulls folks out of the box and creates space for our smaller attackers to use our quickness to get a foot on the ball.

Short corners fit in with Warburtons philosophy. Some of the fans around me were giving the team pelters when they played it short. Theres no need for some of the abuse I heard. We have 2 guys over 6ft so why put the balls into the box for them to break quick or just keep possession?

Roughly 3% of corners result in a goal. With the height we have in our team that percentage would be even less. I remember the stat from 2010 where Fulham had scored the most from corners that year and the percentage was under 1%.

Whipping one in would only lose possession. It's utter bollocks that whipping one in lead to goals.

We would be better keeping possession by playing short corners. I think the team as a whole wasted possession throughout the match and it wasn't short corners that were to blame.

Roughly 3% of corners result in a goal. With the height we have in our team that percentage would be even less. I remember the stat from 2010 where Fulham had scored the most from corners that year and the percentage was under 1%.

Whipping one in would only lose possession. It's utter bollocks that corners lead to goals.

We would be better keeping possession by playing short corners. I think the team as a whole wasted possession throughout the match and it wasn't short corners that were to blame.

It would be interesting to see if MW's approach results in less counter-attacks versus whipping one in..

It would be interesting to see if MW's approach results in less counter-attacks versus whipping one in..

Possibly, we are suspect from the counter attack at the moment. The figure of 3% is much lower when you just look at crosses from corners resulting in goals. MW is probably playing the averages game and our team is far to small to have a real effect from crosses.