Short Corners

Mor3los_1

Anyone else feel we are completely wasting good chances to put the ball into the box with these shitey short corners we insist on doing. We had so many corners today that we played short and did nothing with, kept on shouting at the tv to do something productive with them :lol:

You'r wasting your time mate because Tv,s are rubbish at corners.

Good to see plenty sense in this thread.

I know it can get frustrating but the amount of times over the years we have launched ball after ball into the box to no avail, you would think we would be happy at retaining possession.

I think we're learning that you will never please some fans(not directed at the OP) where I was sitting today folk kept shouting

'fucking shoot' any time we got near their 18 yard box, I accept we try and walk it in sometimes but Hibs were decent on the break, we can't afford to gift possession away easily.

And as someone else touched on, we're no blessed with giant players, we play to whatever suits our team, rightfully so.

Really wish Waghorn would have a go from outside the box with that left foot. All of this trying to walk it in and playing football in really tight spaces wasn't working well today and we were probably fortunate in the end that a piece of magic and bad finishing at both ends gave us a win. Their keeper doesn't look great at judging the flight of the ball and a few corners flighted into the danger area would have been good to see. If you always do the same routine with the short corner you become predictable, we need to mix it up a bit.

you don't remember Cooper or Bud, too name but two, taking corners then?

We've had some great crossers of the ball in the past but the game has changed since their time. I think most teams are far more disciplined in the way they defend corners nowadays and the lightness of the ball also makes it more difficult to send in pinpoint crosses IMO.