Keeper's A Bombscare

Andy Forum

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Foderingham had a good game. Played the ball from the back quick, commanding in the air and kept the ball out the net. One loose pass but that's going to happen.

You're probably wasted watching shite football where the keeper punts it up the field at every opportunity though.

While his kicking has caused us problems and there was one in particular today that went straight to a Hibs player I thought he had a good game today. From what I've seen so far he's very good with cross balls and always looks to catch rather than punch, which is a good thing. We haven't really seen enough of him in terms of shot stopping but he's done well when called into action on that front. He definitely looks better than Bell.

A good side , like who? Don't see anyone in the Championship scoring more than 1 never mind 5. Most of the Scottish Premiership look average to dross from where I am looking so no major worries there either. Now if you are talking Barca then you most probably would have a point..

Foderingham is really poor with the ball at feet, particularly with the tactic to play out wide from the keeper. Either change tactics or keeper, I see him being a liability in a high pressure situation.

This ^^^^

He gives me the jitters,

You talk pish.

He makes an odd mistake but that's the risk we take if we want to play the style of football that we have been doing, the stats show that it's successful. He's also very good at catching crosses etc which is a massive relief having a keeper who can do that, unlike Bell.

No matter who we play in goals will be told by the manager to play in this style. The big man claims and catches everything. Communication could be better when passing out but that's down to everyone in that area.

Think he's a good keeper tbh.

Good in the air, good shot-stopper (as proved today)

As for the ball at his feet, that's the way Warburton wants him to play, as Warbs has confirmed himself .... so he's bound to take a bit of time getting used to playing like that from the back. Warbs has told him not to thump it, he isn't .. so he's doing his job. (tu)

No player outfield hits their passes perfect 100% of the time, he's no different, just that he'll get highlighted more for it.

Thumbs up from this bear for big Wes (tu)

Foderingham is really poor with the ball at feet, particularly with the tactic to play out wide from the keeper. Either change tactics or keeper, I see him being a liability in a high pressure situation.

Really ?

How many other keepers in the Championship of the SPFL would cope with the amount of possession he has?

In 6 games, how many goals have we conceded.

"a high pressure team" :lol: - who are we going to play this season who are capable of playing a high pressure game? Hibs probably the only team in this league who could try it but even they knew if they came out and tried it we'd pick them off on the attack.

The only way to beat us is to stay compact and hit on the counter / set pieces / wait for us to make a mistake when passing out of defence. Nobody is going to come to Ibrox and have a go and press us. They'll get hammered.

Really ?

How many other keepers in the Championship of the SPFL would cope with the amount of possession he has?

In 6 games, how many goals have we conceded.

It is all about fine margins if we are to succeed in the Premiership, as I said he does not convince me he can handle a high pressure situation. Foderingham is awful when the ball us played to feet with attackers pressing, a tactic which will be exploited by better teams than the dross we are up against at the moment.

"a high pressure team" :lol: - who are we going to play this season who are capable of playing a high pressure game? Hibs probably the only team in this league who could try it but even they knew if they came out and tried it we'd pick them off on the attack.

The only way to beat us is to stay compact and hit on the counter / set pieces / wait for us to make a mistake when passing out of defence. Nobody is going to come to Ibrox and have a go and press us. They'll get hammered.

Let's just hope we don't draw the bheast's in a cup game.

That keeper and our back 4 are there for the taking unless there's a dramatic improvement all round.

We were so sloppy at times today and fortunate that Hibs are shite.

It is all about fine margins if we are to succeed in the Premiership, as I said he does not convince me he can handle a high pressure situation. Foderingham is awful when the ball us played to feet with attackers pressing, a tactic which will be exploited by better teams than the dross we are up against at the moment.

He'll be a different player in a year. He'll be used to the system and have a season of developing a winning mentality. Goalkeepers often take a while to adapt look at De Gea but I'd still say Foderingham looks solid.

To be fair to the OP... there are points in almost every game where he does make mistakes which could/should be punished. The ball at his feet is clearly not his strong point...

However, he has been EXCELLENT at everything else. I hope we can play to those strengths and find a system for him to become a bit more steady.

The thing is, the one fuck up he nearly made today is remembered over all the good work he's put in since his first game (catching crosses, commanding his box & a few good saves etc.) That's just the way it is with keepers.

I actually think he's a decent keeper who's just getting to grips with Warburtons play from the back philosophy.

Let's just hope we don't draw the bheast's in a cup game.

That keeper and our back 4 are there for the taking unless there's a dramatic improvement all round.

We were so sloppy at times today and fortunate that Hibs are shite.

I haven't watched them much but from what I've seen they don't really play a high pressure game either. Deila has them playing a possession-based passing game.

Who are you afraid of? Last season they struggled to a 2-0 win against the worst Rangers team I've ever seen