Darren Mcgregor

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would rather it was Zal to be honest

Wouldn't surprise me if they offered him the same deal but he turned it down in favour of picking up a decent wage.

Respect to Mcgegor for leaving for regular football as I'm sure he won't get as good a wage as he was getting here. Good man.

Our player of the year last year and a steady if not fantastic player with a year to run on his contract, not exactly at the end of his career either. If we can't get some sort of fee for him that's a sure sign we've been paying him way above his market value. Zal fair enough as he's not exactly sold himself to anyone since we signed him but McGregor should have got interest for a nominal fee rather than us paying him to go unless his wage is seriously off putting.
Clearly more signs of the bad business we've been doing over the last few years and hopefully we'll not have to repeat this beyond this window.

Good luck to him though at least he put a shift in.

Dissapointed

Pace as much as anything is lacking at the back, hope he goes back to St Mirren

Much as I hate them and the cunt Gilmour I'd sooner see them triumph over petrie and stubbs mob.

In fact we could loan out Temps and Hardie to St Mirren, they can't play against us but they could give the hibs a wee skelp

Our player of the year last year and a steady if not fantastic player with a year to run on his contract, not exactly at the end of his career either. If we can't get some sort of fee for him that's a sure sign we've been paying him way above his market value. Zal fair enough as he's not exactly sold himself to anyone since we signed him but McGregor should have got interest for a nominal fee rather than us paying him to go unless his wage is seriously off putting.

Clearly more signs of the bad business we've been doing over the last few years and hopefully we'll not have to repeat this beyond this window.

Good luck to him though at least he put a shift in.

I think you're right on the money side. Letting him go cuts our wage bill and he might get a signing on fee somewhere. I think he'd do a good job in the SPL for most of the clubs there and hope he does well.

Dissapointed

Pace as much as anything is lacking at the back, hope he goes back to St Mirren

Much as I hate them and the cunt Gilmour I'd sooner see them triumph over petrie and stubbs mob.

In fact we could loan out Temps and Hardie to St Mirren, they can't play against us but they could give the hibs a wee skelp

I hope he goes to a Premiership team and smashes that cunt Allan.

Very strange decision indeed. We could have got some sort of fee for our player of the year whilst also ensuring he doesnt end up at hibs. Additionally we are now short of cover in the center and also at right back. If we were just going to dump him he could have been used in the offer for Scott Allen.

Very strange decision indeed. We could have got some sort of fee for our player of the year whilst also ensuring he doesnt end up at hibs. Additionally we are now short of cover in the center and also at right back. If we were just going to dump him he could have been used in the offer for Scott Allen.

1) offering him to hibs with 280k would have done nothing for them to accept

2) Allan isn't worthy of the jersey. He wanted a big move not a move to us.

3) I doubt anyone would have been willing to pay for mcgregors and if we paid off 50% of his deal then we will have saved more in wages than we were likely to have got for him.

4) we aren't short on cover As we have Ball, Zaliukas, Lang, White, Brownlie. Warburton said he liked having a lean and hungry squad supplemented by youth players.