Chris Mclaughlin Reinstated

DeanMK

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stupidly I did not expect this so soon, but I have noticed over the last few mornings a slightly different tone coming from radio Scotland when listening to their sport reports when we have been mentioned.

It does seem weak on our part but will see how it works out over the next few weeks. :unsure:

Where do you get that from? I don't see any apology, mention of an apology, or acknowledgement that earlier reporting was biased.

We are the most exciting story in Scottish football and news is spreading. The BBC want back on the gravy train and I fail to see what they have done to earn the right to end their self-imposed exile after we correctly banned that wee rodent.

There is nothing in the statement that suggests that.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/club-news/item/9984-club-statement?

The club statement -

"FOLLOWING a meeting with the BBC the media privileges of Chris McLaughlin have been reinstated.

Rangers has received assurances from the BBC that their reporting of Rangers' affairs will be balanced."

You're right, the statement does not mention an apology. That's why I said 'appears'.

Since the club has been given assurances that the reporting will be balanced in the future, I deem that to be enough of a climbdown from the BBC that I perceived an apology to be there.

No need to sink to the BBC standards of kicking a man when he's down.

I would imagine that never happened. The BBC will continue to attack our club and like this incident, we'll play games for a few weeks.

Spineless wonders.

If The Rangers don't see a marked improvement I would imagine individual transgressors will have privileges withdrawn if they step out of line. Remember the BBC banned themselves. I think we're playing it the right way.

We'll never know the ins and outs of it.

Wee baldy had his privileges withdrawn almost instantly.

They had to come cap in hand its been proven Rangers as a club and its supporters don't need then and weren't giving to hoots about them. Saying that I'd rather they were still not at ibrox. It was quite funny and satisfying knowing that they had to report the game on tv from a cupboard while watching a tv screen

Seems someone has dropped a bucket of shite on top of the Pacific Quay sport's editors desk, and this has led to their self imposed ban being revoked by them.

This little cockroach better watch his step along with all the other hacks, and the next time any one of them step over the line, then all BBC reporters should be banned for good by The Rangers this time, and all the apologies in the world will not get them back in next time.

Not as bad a move as I first thought by us, it is now down to the BBC to control (I know :anguish: ) the rabids like CM and others as they will be the biggest losers.

It's all about The Rangers, and don't they know it.

:uk:

I think it was a shot across the bows from the start. I think the club had no intention of making this long term.

However, that article from Easter rd a few weeks ago was definitely sinister

I'm not as sensitive as most on here. I laugh at some of the 'media bias' threads that start on here but like I say the report on the three arrests and the rapid time it came out stunk to high heaven.

It had John Reid Labour spin reporting all over it and the club should come down on it like a ton of bricks.

Rangers FC haven't been the ones coming cap in hand. BBC have caved in and promised to stop taking the piss. They know they were in the wrong and have apologised unreservedly for their behaviour.

I would imagine that's what's happened?

You can bet the way it is reported though is that the bbc having implemented a self imposed ban from Ibrox has forced Rangers to see sense and not to dictate to them which reporters we allow to cover our stories.

The BBC realise that they can't go on with their boycott, their coverage of our last home game was a pharse and they know we are the only club that's worth reporting on, the scum are a joke.

It looks like the BBC approached the club to sort it out, nothing more the club can do if they have given assurances.

We just have to be alert and make sure they never cross the line again.

The BBC realise that they can't go on with their boycott, their coverage of our last home game was a phrase and they know we are the only club that's worth reporting on, the scum are a joke.

It looks like the BBC approached the club to sort it out, nothing more the club can do if they have given assurances.

We just have to be alert and make sure they never cross the line again.

Wrong! There is plenty the club could've done. For starters they could've said we don't want Gollum anywhere near Ibrox as he's abused the trust of the club. No?

He should stay banned, they have other journos they could be sending, it doesn't HAVE to be him.

Weak move IMO, I'd have rather we told them to go take a fuck to themselves.

It's not "weak" at all. Do you honestly think Rangers have just accepted "ok, you weren't biased at all, welcome back" or actually went cap in hand to the BBC begging them back?

Of fucking course not. I don't like the fact the club is using diplomatic language but it's plain to see, we've been given assurances that from now on they won't be reporting in a biased manner. In essence they've admitted guilt.

Wrong! There is plenty the club could've done. For starters they could've said we don't want Gollum anywhere near Ibrox as he's abused the trust of the club. No?

That would have been spitefull, we don't like him but he is their head sports reporter

Rangers are bigger than that, we don't need to show spite