• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Men Who Sold The Jerseys

Ally montage

Ally ' cut ' to appear laughing off bigotry

This goes far deeper than McLaughlin . Have we had an apology for any of them ?

Rangers are on the march now, we're in a position of strength , so why compromise so soon . Let's be realistic , I can't see any reason why we need the bbc - we have other mainstream news outlets , video streams for games , interviews on the Rangers website , there's a whole world out there that makes them redundant as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not saying there should be an ever ending ban , but at least some public acknowledgement , and apology , for how biased they have been previously before we draw a line under it.

Men Who Sold The Jerseys

Ally montage

Ally ' cut ' to appear laughing off bigotry

This goes far deeper than McLaughlin . Have we had an apology for any of them ?

Rangers are on the march now, we're in a position of strength , so why compromise so soon . Let's be realistic , I can't see any reason why we need the bbc - we have other mainstream news outlets , video streams for games , interviews on the Rangers website , there's a whole world out there that makes them redundant as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not saying there should be an ever ending ban , but at least some public acknowledgement , and apology , for how biased they have been previously before we draw a line under it.

And the bbc's pet project, aka the Tims, have been shown up to be utter utter dross.

Yet again.

Beeling, they are.

And the bbc's pet project, aka the Tims, have been shown up to be utter utter dross.

Yet again.

Beeling, they are.

Yeah. Coincidence ?

The only show in town - and they know it !

Edit .

We're the only show in town !

My reply didn't quite look right :D

Make no mistake here. Those biased fucks have came crawling to the Rangers board, cap in hand, pleading for access to Rangers. The new men in charge have capitulated and given them back the biggest show in Scotland.

The BBC in Scotland have been attacking Rangers for over twenty years now. This is not a new thing. It used to be jealousy and envy that drove them to publish outrageous stories about board members, managers and players.

Times have changed now and the well known "csc" at BBC Scotland took a more sinister approach in how they reported on our club. They were complicit in stoking the hate that every football fan in our country jumped on and even if it killed their own club, they were happy to damage us more.

The club have shown integrity here.

It will be a long cold day in hell, before any Rangers fan trusts anything coming from bbc Scotland.

At the end of the day, we took our stance and banned him. BBC Scotland responded by boycotting us, somewhere someone will have had a wee word with the head of BBC Scotland and basically told them what's what. Assurances have been given, what they are we won't be privileged enough to know until the BBC breach these assurances. The club have just given this shower of cunts enough rope and directions to the nearest branch.... It'll be funny to watch them squirm.

It's probably the correct move.

The club laid down a marker and voiced their displeasure, and have now essentially given them a second chance - safe in the knowledge that if they revert to their previous level of imbalanced reporting, a second (more permanent) ban can be handed out, which would further damage the BBC's reputation for impartiality.

Their card has been marked, and they know it.

I still dislike the BBC but i think the club have handled this reasonably well.

Watch them stick the boot in first chance they get. These bastards are a law unto themselves and take no notice of BBC in London. We should have stood firm as they were not banned, just that little shit, and they could have sent anyone else on their staff.

Yes we can ban him or them again but this has shown weakness.

An apology isn't explicitly mentioned but discussions with BBC suggests they've admitted they've cocked up and promise to toe the line.

Someone from BBC HQ must have asked the question why the biggest story in scottish football is being voluntarily boycotted. As a public service paid by public funds they have to get best value for money.

Not that bothered about BBC coverage anyway, our media department are getting their act together and producing some good stuff.

And that is your first post on here James T :P;)

Initial thinking was that we have folded but if there is a marked change in how he reports on Rangers you can take a couple of things from it.

The BBC have identified and agreed an issue did exist

His clear bias will be evident if his reporting changes.

So maybe not the worst thing to happen - shows us a hard but fair, best way to do any kind of business.

Is it really the BBC that's the problem? Everyone in the BBC has it in for us? REALLY???

I think it's a small band of Lawwell puppets eg scrot, speirs, English, Rennie etc

Remember this particular story involved the cooperation of the SFA delegate who, coincidentally, was security chief at the Stade de Gadd.

So I think it's right to single out these people and warn them no more pish

Also, no mention of speirs ban being lifted?? Good! He really licks Lawwell's cheese!