The Warburton Wizards

Gillete

It seems your not allowed to criticise a defensive frailty on here. Fantastic performance again today but I agree that we shouldn't be losing goals as easy as that.

I've been called a Celtic fan on here all week for mentioning that I have concerns over our defence. It's been a problem since Warburton's first match. Hibs could easily have scored a barrow load against us but for the fact that their finishing was shit. Hibs ffs, Hibs are shite. I'm not convinced we'd beat a decent SPL side atm. I'm ok with that, all we need to do is get promoted this season. People are getting too carried away saying we'll beat everyone in Scotland and win all cups.

Don't get me wrong, when people ask me about Rangers I tell them it's like we've been reborn; we're playing great football and it's an absolute joy to watch. I do, however, have concerns over our naivety with regards to leaving acres of space at the back. Even SDOW said in his interview this week that Warburton is extreme in his adherence to playing football this way, and that his inclination is to be more defensive.

We'll absolutely storm the championship this season, and rightly so. If we want to win the SPFL, these defensive problems will need to be ironed out. I'm entitled to have a level of concern over whether Warburton can do this. I sincerely hope he can as I've been absolutely loving our new way of playing, watching us has actually become fun again.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually surprised that we haven't lost more goals and I expect we will lose quite a few as the season progresses. However we knew right at the start, from the managers history at Brentford, that that was going to be the trade off for the adoption of his adventurous footballing philosophy.

Having watched Walter's teams all these years, it is hard to see us lose soft goals. However, would Walter have started with an 18year old at CM and with McKay on the wing at a difficult way venue? Would he have kept two players upfield at corners, and have two wide attacking players hugging the touch lines in every game?

Not slagging off Walter or any other manager, they all have their own way of doing things but it really is so refreshing to see how our team is playing under WB. It has been helped by our winning start and I'm sure they'll be setbacks along the way this season which will test the team and fans resolve. However, have to say, it's many a year since I looked forward to and enjoyed the football as much as at the present time. And that should be what it's all about.

It's fine, Walter criminally under used Novo and Beasley during the UEFA cup final season. Everton fans used to say he'd sign wingers then play anyone but them there. We even had to put up with that fucking donkey Lafferty out there for far too many matches.

It seems your not allowed to criticise a defensive frailty on here. Fantastic performance again today but I agree that we shouldn't be losing goals as easy as that.

I too agree re the goal. We have to be solid from the back to the front, that is the making of a great team. That said I can understand why we would switch off at the back when it's one way traffic. Something the boss will be drilling into our defence. I remember Wes saying that he was used to a fair bit of action in the past and this is completely different having to concentrate 100% all of the time with little or no action.

I'm not sure why everyone is so worried to be honest. We've played 8 games and conceded 5 goals. It's not exactly the worst defensive record.

Plus we've score 30 :D

I'm not sure why everyone is so worried to be honest. We've played 8 games and conceded 5 goals. It's not exactly the worst defensive record.

Plus we've score 30 :D

Exactly that's an average of 6 to 1 well I would take that any day of the week,

The old Brazil played some really good football with the attitude they would score more goals than the opposition and the fans worldwide loved it.

We are now playing really good football with the same sort of attitude, so, lap it up bears, who cares if we concede the odd goal.

8 wins from 8 games, in style. Wow, am I loving this? You bet your arse I am.

I'm actually surprised that we haven't lost more goals and I expect we will lose quite a few as the season progresses. However we knew right at the start, from the managers history at Brentford, that that was going to be the trade off for the adoption of his adventurous footballing philosophy.

Having watched Walter's teams all these years, it is hard to see us lose soft goals. However, would Walter have started with an 18year old at CM and with McKay on the wing at a difficult way venue? Would he have kept two players upfield at corners, and have two wide attacking players hugging the touch lines in every game?

Not slagging off Walter or any other manager, they all have their own way of doing things but it really is so refreshing to see how our team is playing under WB. It has been helped by our winning start and I'm sure they'll be setbacks along the way this season which will test the team and fans resolve. However, have to say, it's many a year since I looked forward to and enjoyed the football as much as at the present time. And that should be what it's all about.