To All Younger Rangers Supporters

slimjim1690

Every couple of decades when you follow The Rangers something special happens, I've been fortunate to witness the Waddel/Wallace, Souness/Smith era's, and other good times, and I've got a feeling that it may be your turn to witness the birth of another great era in our proud history, if and when Warburton gets some real cash to spend I believe we will be on the cusp of something special.

So all you youngsters savour every minute because you all deserve it for continuing to Follow Follow throughout these hard times in the footsteps of your fathers, we older guys have seen good times and now I sincerely hope it's your turn.

WATP

Every couple of decades when you follow The Rangers something special happens, I've been fortunate to witness the Waddel/Wallace, Souness/Smith era's, and other good times, and I've got a feeling that it may be your turn to witness the birth of another great era in our proud history, if and when Warburton gets some real cash to spend I believe we will be on the cusp of something special.

So all you youngsters savour every minute because you all deserve it for continuing to Follow Follow throughout these hard times in the footsteps of your fathers, we older guys have seen good times and now I sincerely hope it's your turn.

WATP

Amen to that brother

A lot of the younger fans, especially teenagers will only have experienced the bad times of the past four years, so credit to the ones who stuck with us.

And special credit deserved nowadays for sticking with us when the superficial glamour of the top English teams, Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern are more accessible and fashionable and have more influence through the media coverage of Champions League.

I also remember watching and then copying the famous Johan Cruyff turn when younger, and it's great to think the youngsters will now be similarly copying the skills of Rangers player Nathan Oduwa.

Great times indeed for all Gers fans, old and young.

:21::21::21:

Ony 21 so my eldest memory and first game was Porto, Lovenkrands first goal. I'm sure my dad took me to a lot of other games but my next memory was Molde at home haha. But for the past 5 years I've been old enough to follow them home and away and made some great friends along the way. I believe were on to something special here and by god I'm excited.

I started watching Scottish football right at the end of the 2006/07 season. The two matches I was able to download and see were the Scottish Cup final between Celtic and Dunfermline and the Old Firm match from 23/9/2006. Celtic won both matches but for some reason Rangers were the team pulling me in. My first full season was 2007/08 which was our UEFA Cup run and the year we lost the title on the final day. I remember being in a hotel for an out of town wedding watching our final league match. My girlfriend was not pleased.

We all know the history of our club and what happened from 2008/09 until now. I've never been less than proud to be a Rangers man, but I can say I've been wearing a non-stop smile when talking about them as of late. It might take a few years to get us back to how we were, or even better than we were, but it's going to be exciting to go along for the ride.

My boy is 8 and watched 3 years of home and away games some good but mostly awfull and he is loving it just now.

but wanted to share a quick story...

after the game yday my mrs was coming to pick the wean up and while we were waiting he asked me about the staue... so i explained he was the greatest ranger, john greig, hard as nailz, he was a real tough man... etcetc

about 1 min later everyone ran over as a player was coming out... who was it... john greig and the look of confusement, amusement, the look of awe from and 8 year old...everything was just great and when he came back after getting a photy with him he say

" i though you were deed daddy if u have a statue!!! "

follow follow young bears best days are coming!

21 so grew up particularly spoiled with Rangers team and success , even thinking the year we finished third was as bad as following Rangers could get , the last few years have shown how wrong I was , however throughout it all my love for the club has probably grew eeven stronger and I am very excited by what we are seeing at the moment and I am patiently awaiting the day we lift number 55 which I am confident will happen wishing the next two seasons and the celebrations and meltdowns which will follow after it .

Only 18 this year, but although I've seen quite a lot of shite years/seasons I can remember a treble, European Final and a further 4 league wins but these last few years make it hard to believe we were actually good. Hopefully start getting to more games throughout this season and maybe get a half ST this year.

52 years old so I remember the lean years of the early 80s and the start of the revolution with Souness and Sir Walter. Also the early years with the wee General. Are the players we have today as good as some of the past players we had... Probably not, but that does not mean they cannot reach greatness. So let's not compare this team with past teams lets just be happy with the style of football we are playing and enjoy the success that is coming our way. Who knows in 15 or 20 years time people could be talking about this team the way we talk about the 9 in a row lads, lets hope. But one thing is sure Scottish football will never be the same again because we are The Rangers and we are coming to get you ....All of you WATP.

I'm 30 later this year and started going to Football when i was a kick in the arse off 3 years old, my first match was against Hamilton Accies at Douglas Park in August 1988 ( very first match in the first season of our 9IAR ) we won 2-0 Gary Stevens and McCoist scored.

It was also my first year as a ST holder, i caught the bug after that one game and pleaded for my dad ( God rest his soul ) to take me every week.

I'm thankful he did i've been Follow Following for 27 years, seen some great times and some not so great times ( more good than bad ) The Souness and Smith eras were magical, Also the wee general era, then had the pleasure of suffering the PLG 6 month reign until Smith stepped in again and lead us to 3 consecutive championships.

Then my World really fell apart when McCoist took the reigns and our club fell victim of the biggest fraud case in World Football.

Now we have the Magic hat era .... can't comment to much on it at the moment as we're only 2 months in but it beats EVERYTHING we've suffered as fans of the greatest institute in the World, long may it continue under Mr Warburtons guidance, i have a feeling we will be back dominating Scottish Football in no time and competing with the cream of Europe on a yearly basis.

God Bless The Rangers

WATP.

I feel ancient! Lol! I'm 42 and I remember my first game like it was yesterday!

Sitting in CR with my dad with red, white and blue ribbon in my hair, a huge flag and my brand new scarf. I was 9! We drew with Dundee United! I knew then I would always be a Ranger. My dad was delighted because my brothers weren't interested (although they always want Rangers to do well)!

I will never forget it. I now take my grandson and I sincerely hope he will never forget his first time walking into Ibrox although he did tell me yesterday that he will be Rangers for life!

Im 26, so i was a kid during 9IAR. I always wished that id have been there to see things like the beginning of the Souness era, Jock Wallace, Barca 72, id have loved to witness some of these defining moments for the Club.

But niw I genuinely feel that we are all witnessing the start of another defining era for our Club. The Warburton era, and im so glad to be able to witness it. And to be able to tell my Daughter and future grandkids etc about being there and being a part of it. It's great to be a Bear

I'm 16, and have been a season ticket holder since 2010-11 and I'd be lying if I said there weren't moments when I felt like chucking it over the last few seasons. It was soul destroying sitting in a half empty Ibrox watching one of the worst teams in our history last season. But I couldn't give it up, I'm absolutely hooked on this club. I just couldn't be at peace with myself if we were at Ibrox on a Saturday and I wasn't there. I had seen many boys my age lose interest in the club recently but they're all coming back as a result of Mr Warburton's efforts and that's crucial for the future of the club. I agree with the OP that this really has the makings of something special, and I certainly hope so.

I'm 21, the first season I would say I really remember is 2000/01, I was going to games before then - but barely remember it.

The closest thing to a dominant Rangers team I've seen was Walter Smith's time in charge. That was great, but the football wasn't always pretty.

If we can keep a hold of Warburton, and he gets backed to buy players for his system in the top division, we really could have something very special here.

"if and when Warburton gets some real cash to spend"

Your whole understanding of our Manager is wrong.

Mark Warburton doesn't like spending massive amounts of money, in fact if you read his interview in the papers today; He revealed that the board had 7 figure sums, waiting in the wings in case he spotted a player that'd cost a million or more. He decided against making any more signings as he's happy with what we have.

It's not about spending money. It's about finding valuable players, players that can add value on and off the pitch. James Tavernier & Martyn Waghorn, cost us a grand total of £275,000.

He doesn't need money to be great, and certainly doesn't need to spend big to find talent.

WATP

Great post and would be fantastic for all our younger fans to follow a special team. Some of us have seen the great days, and also the bad days, but the signs are looking good for us to be back at the top once again.