It looks a cert that

we will be playing a 4-3-3 formation next season. When you look at the squad we have one out and out striker, Boyd and then its a lot of pace down the wings to supply the forwards.

1. McGregor

2. Hutton

3. Weir

22. Webster

21. Broadfoot

8. Thomson

6. Ferguson

7. Hemdani

20. Darcheville

9. Boyd

19. Beasley

Would this be your starting 11 if you were Rangers manager ? I think due to Smiths injury this will be the starting 11 for the first game of the season.

1. McGregor

2. Hutton

3. Weir

22. Webster

26. Smith

8. Thomson

6. Ferguson

19. Beasley

Right winger ?

20. Darcheville

9. Boyd

We still need a right winger... then that would be my starting XI, if everyone was fit.

we will be playing a 4-3-3 formation next season. When you look at the squad we have one out and out striker, Boyd and then its a lot of pace down the wings to supply the forwards.

1. McGregor

2. Hutton

3. Weir

22. Webster

21. Broadfoot

8. Thomson

6. Ferguson

7. Hemdani

20. Darcheville

9. Boyd

19. Beasley

Would this be your starting 11 if you were Rangers manager ? I think due to Smiths injury this will be the starting 11 for the first game of the season.

I pretty much agree, but thin k you might find Gow taking the place of Thomson in the games that we don't need to be as defensive.

All in all we are gaining a lot of flexibility within the squad.

1. McGregor

2. Hutton

3. Weir

22. Webster

21. Broadfoot

8. Thomson

6. Ferguson

7. Hemdani

20. Darcheville

9. Boyd

19. Beasley

I pretty much agree, but thin k you might find Gow taking the place of Thomson in the games that we don't need to be as defensive.

All in all we are gaining a lot of flexibility within the squad.

Yeah mate, it looks pretty flexible and Im looking forward to taking the SPL by storm next season. Do you think that Darcheville is a wide player cutting in, or an out and out striker ?

I dont think we bought Darcheville to be a striker, I think hes gonna play down the inside left/right channels. Which is why I think were in for Naismith.

But we wanted Faubert and signed Beasley whom both play on the wings, which would suggest to me that Darcheville will play up front.

Smith is also quoted as saying he is looking forward to seeing a Darcheville-Boyd partnership.

I really hope we don't get this guy that we have been chasing for 3 years and then play him out of position.

I dont think we bought Darcheville to be a striker, I think hes gonna play down the inside left/right channels. Which is why I think were in for Naismith.

But we wanted Faubert and signed Beasley whom both play on the wings, which would suggest to me that Darcheville will play up front.

Smith is also quoted as saying he is looking forward to seeing a Darcheville-Boyd partnership.

I really hope we don't get this guy that we have been chasing for 3 years and then play him out of position.

That is a very good point Davy. Do you think that Darcheville will partner Boyd up front ? I dont know why I just think that we wont play a cert 2 up front formation next season. I honestly hope that we do though but I just cant see Boyd and Darcheville together u pfront.

That is a very good point Davy. Do you think that Darcheville will partner Boyd up front ? I dont know why I just think that we wont play a cert 2 up front formation next season. I honestly hope that we do though but I just cant see Boyd and Darcheville together u pfront.

Smith has also said how much he dislikes playing Boyd up front himself... which would again suggest that he will play them together.

I think we will play him up front, aye.

I don't think there's an ice cubes chance in hell that Darchville will be played anywhere other than centre forward.

I eat my words then mate.

I'm agreeing with you Davy!

Or have I mis-read something :lol:

The thing is, if we play a 4-4-2 it leaves an awful lot of 'spare' players vying for positions that dont exist. We have so many midfielders, or attacking players that to make it sensible wed have to play 4-3-3 with one guy through the middle, either Boyd or Darcheville. Maybe were harking back to the days of total football where everyone becomes changeable and the machine is very well oiled. Or am I just pissed ? :D

I don't think there's an ice cubes chance in hell that Darchville will be played anywhere other than centre forward.

I eat my words then mate.

I'm agreeing with you Davy!

Or have I mis-read something :lol:

:craphead:

The thing is, if we play a 4-4-2 it leaves an awful lot of 'spare' players vying for positions that dont exist. We have so many midfielders, or attacking players that to make it sensible wed have to play 4-3-3 with one guy through the middle, either Boyd or Darcheville. Maybe were harking back to the days of total football where everyone becomes changeable and the machine is very well oiled. Or am I just pissed ? :D

You may we be pished, aye...

But, I think it can only benefit the squad to have competition for places, and it is something we haven't had for a good few years. (tu)

Darchville up front for me doing the holding up and making room for Boyd and some much needed pace. Midfield 4 with enough depth to not have to be concerned if we run into injures. No mention of Adam so far is he a squad player now?

McGregor

Hutton

Weir

Cuellar

Smith

Right winger

Fergie

Buffel

Beasley

JCD

Boyd

Bench

Gow

Broadfoot

Webster

Burke

Adam

McCulloch

Smith

Wattie says Buffel definately in his plans for next season which is great as we need all the football players we can get.

No mention of Adam so far is he a squad player now?

The signing of Beasley would suggest so.

I thought that but with the 5 year contractl, seems a long deal for cover.

I wouldn't have given him that length of contract myself, but he is good cover.

Not a world-beater, far from it, but anyone who can score that amount of goals from midfield deserves a place in the squad.

Im thinking the same as you Davy, be very intresting to see how we line up on the first day proper.

It's good that we have the choice though (tu)

My thinking is IF we get the players in I would play:

A McGregor

Hutton, *Cuellar, Weir, [smith/Broadfoot]

*Naismith, Ferguson, [Hemdani/Thomson/Gow], Beasley

JCD, Boyd

No Naismith then Novo, Burke or Buffel

No Cuellar then Webster or Broadfoot

I believe a few surprises still to come!