Martyn Waghorn Thread

TopCat

Thought he was really very poor today. Could have been totally different had he bagged that early chance. Not the only one, but his passing was so bad. Strikers and confidence go hand in hand. If he'd got early one he probably would have went on to bag a hat trick, we would have won 7-0 and 90% of bears would have won on Rangers -4 !!!

Still finish off with 30+ this season!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought he was really very poor today. Could have been totally different had he bagged that early chance. Not the only one, but his passing was so bad. Strikers and confidence go hand in hand. If he'd got early one he probably would have went on to bag a hat trick, we would have won 7-0 and 90% of bears would have won on Rangers -4 !!!

Still finish off with 30+ this season!

Thought Waghorn was excellent myself.

I hate this. I agree with nearly everybody.

Worth remembering he would also have a couple more goals to his name but for McKay and Miller "making sure" with tap-ins from about a foot off the line. If he was the consistent finisher we all want he would be at a top EPL side. He would be in my team every week and I'd take 1 Waghorn over 3 of any other striker we've had over the last 3 years.

He's the weak-link in our team..

Never a number 9 in his life..

Probably why he wears 33?

Weak link my arse,his team work and general all round play is fantastic.

If there is a flaw its that he does tend to snatch at chances but took his goal well on the turn yesterday and had a chance in the first half and instead of smashing it like he usually does,he tried to place it in the corner but it was too near the keeper,this shows he is working on his finishing.

Considering the guys been a 5-10 goal a season striker up until now, its quite remarkable how many hes scored up here. At this rate he could easilly hit 30.

^^^^

It just goes to show how shrewd a manager MW is to have plucked him from Wigan for pennies. (tu)

Still looks uncomfortable with the easier chances as the one on one early on yesterday showed, glad he got his goal though and he never drops his head after a missed chance which is good. Pretty sure he will start taking more chances as weeks go by and I personally think he will get close to 30 this season once he starts taking his chances

It's what I said earlier in this thread, he doesn't seem to have that natural penalty box instinct that great strikers have. If he did he'd being playing at a higher level than the Scottish 2nd tier as he's a very decent all round forward apart from that.

He would definitely get into most teams in the premiership bar maybe celtic!

He's scored 4 goals from open play, less than our two full-backs, the rest have been penalties..

The past two games he's been really poor..

Know what your saying but happy enough to give him time with all the support from the other goals of the team. He does miss some bad ones but he is in the right position to miss them and just needs to learn a few more "smarts" when taking on a goalie or defender, think that will come with a few more games.

Let's see where we are in January and evaluate what we need then, can't do much before that.

Know what your saying but happy enough to give him time with all the support from the other goals of the team. He does miss some bad ones but he is in the right position to miss them and just needs to learn a few more "smarts" when taking on a goalie or defender, think that will come with a few more games.

Let's see where we are in January and evaluate what we need then, can't do much before that.

I do think a natural penalty box striker will be near the top of the shopping list, if not in January then definitely in the summer. I don't think Waghorn is that player but more than earns his wage in other ways. Kenny Miller was never a penalty box player and is in swansong and I really don't think Nicky Clark will make the grade at the level we require.

I do think a natural penalty box striker will be near the top of the shopping list, if not in January then definitely in the summer. I don't think Waghorn is that player but more than earns his wage in other ways. Kenny Miller was never a penalty box player and is in swansong and I really don't think Nicky Clark will make the grade at the level we require.

Although I hope Nicky Clark proves me wrong I agree with all of this. (tu)