Warburton Ruling Out Jan Spending Spree

K.A.I

(tu)

For me I would love to see a good finisher in this team but the player would have to be more than just that a poacher in the Boyd mould who offers little else. Trouble is this type of player is hard to come by, even with money. We can win this league easily with the current squad so any signings in Jan should be with a view to next season as has been mentioned already.

I get the feeling MW prefers to keep things under wraps until the deal is pretty well done. Good philosophy IMO. DK take note. Announcing to the world that you don't think the present team is not good enough and you will need to bring in 5 players over the next year only alerts other teams and pushes up the price of any deals.

Certainly not a load of signings but a couple to keep the pot boiling especially if Zelalem goes back south

Hopefully he'll stick around, he seems to fit nicely into the team and Arsenal should be satisfied he's getting plenty of game time and playing the style of football they do.

What's the deal with Zelalem, I know there's an option for another 6 months, but is that purely if Arsenal want to let him stay?

Guy who broke the story said that we have an option for rest of season, the initial deal to January is a mechanism I think to ensure both parties are happy - dont see that being an issue.

He isnt ruling anything out. Hes simply saying he wont run off to spend daft amounts of cash for the sake of spending it. If he needs a player he'll sign him and if not he wont. Everything hes said indicates to me that hes not going to just overload the squad with expensive players and that if he makes any signings they'll have a specific place in his team, whether it be a free transfer, a £50 grand signing or a 5 million pound signing he'll sign the player that he wants not just some big name.

Hes proven his ability to spot a player with the likes of Halliday, Waghorn and especially Tavernier who for some reason kept getting papped off of loan from every club hes been to, and look how well he fits into our team and how well our team has gelled under Mr Warburton after so few games.

Warburton has shown us he doesn't need months and months to get individuals playing as a team. So the old rules of getting people in to 'bed in' don't apply when you have someone who has an eye for a player. He keeps on repeating the phrase about adding quality, and you know he is not talking bull.

He isnt ruling anything out. Hes simply saying he wont run off to spend daft amounts of cash for the sake of spending it. If he needs a player he'll sign him and if not he wont. Everything hes said indicates to me that hes not going to just overload the squad with expensive players and that if he makes any signings they'll have a specific place in his team, whether it be a free transfer, a £50 grand signing or a 5 million pound signing he'll sign the player that he wants not just some big name.

Hes proven his ability to spot a player with the likes of Halliday, Waghorn and especially Tavernier who for some reason kept getting papped off of loan from every club hes been to, and look how well he fits into our team and how well our team has gelled under Mr Warburton after so few games.

Exactly this - also wouldn't be surprised if he's having a wee dig at stubbs who seems to have brought in another half dozen players or so at the end of the window or just afterwards, overloading his team, hoping one or two will fit in or be better than what he has, not realising he's going to have a few unhappy players and some discontent - I mean what's he got now, about 8 forwards lol, the new ones probably around the same ability or worse than he had. Good luck keeping them happy.

Yip panic buying gets you nowhere. Worrying about other teams gets you nowhere. Mr Warburton knows this and simply focuses on his team and lets the others worry about how we will play

I think essentially we will have this league won by xmas anyway. the January transfer window is really for clubs who are struggling and have to gamble big time - i dont think we fit that profile and therefore dont have to do anything in January - unless we really want to.

Additionally, some players really dont want to play in the Championship - therefore promotion will make us far more attractive to those players without them having to come down to championship level for 6 months. We still have plenty of time to get ready for next season without bringing in guys in january